Author Topic: The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 5.0)  (Read 14130 times)

Offline Pammie

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 5.0)
« on: February 08, 2020, 08:59:32 am »
Today is the 5 year anniversary of my formally starting my transition.  Five years ago I contacted a gender therapist for an appointment to begin the process of transitioning.  A month later I was on HRT and two months after that I legally changed my name and gender and was living as Jessie full time.  Here are a few pictures starting in 2014 and showing how I  have looked over the last 5 years.

I was 53 when I started and I turn 59 in May.  It has been one heck of a ride......

Stunning and you look fantastic! X

I opened the door and the light shone in
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:05:21 pm by Northern Star Girl »

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 5.0)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 07:15:22 pm »
Ding, ding, ding.  :icon_dance:

And we have a winner with Pammie,  ;) who just posted the 2000 reply to v 4.0 of the Before and After threads.

So now we start v 5.0
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 04:46:37 pm by Northern Star Girl »

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 04:45:53 pm »
Wow, lots of great before and after photos for sure.

For those that want to look back at the previous thread you can click the LINK below::

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)
  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,210798.0.html

Keep the photos coming, it is wonderful to see the subtle or dramatic changes of our members here on the forums.

HUGS,
Danielle

Global Moderator
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline KatieP

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 05:21:14 pm »
Ding, ding, ding.  :icon_dance:

And we have a winner with Pammie,  ;) who just posted the 2000 reply to v 4.0 of the Before and After threads.

So now we start v 5.0

As a prize, Pammie, you get your dues paid for the week...

;D

Katie

Offline Jaymilynn

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 06:14:12 am »
I have loved going through this thread and looking at all the beautiful pictures. They give me hope for the future. You all are so beautiful. I’ve told my wife over and over that I just want to look/feel pretty after transitioning. She assured me that I will be. She tells me on the daily how cute I am (even though I don’t feel it). I’ll post some pictures up at some time. Right now it’s just at the beginning stages. Haven’t started hormones (soon I hope!). Only thing I’ve done so far is come out and started to dress as Jaymi. I still have a short cut beard (ugh, really dislike it) but My wife isn’t ready for it to go just yet. It is a pleasant change from the 8” long beard I had before. I have shaved all my body hair with the exception of my arms (probably tonight) and what’s left of the beard. I think it’s going to go tonight as well. So looking forward to this journey to being my true self. Thank you so much for all the inspirational pictures.

Jaymi Lynn
Do the thing you fear the most and the death of fear is certain

Online Katie Jade

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 06:35:36 pm »
I have loved going through this thread and looking at all the beautiful pictures. They give me hope for the future. You all are so beautiful. I’ve told my wife over and over that I just want to look/feel pretty after transitioning. She assured me that I will be. She tells me on the daily how cute I am (even though I don’t feel it). I’ll post some pictures up at some time. Right now it’s just at the beginning stages. Haven’t started hormones (soon I hope!). Only thing I’ve done so far is come out and started to dress as Jaymi. I still have a short cut beard (ugh, really dislike it) but My wife isn’t ready for it to go just yet. It is a pleasant change from the 8” long beard I had before. I have shaved all my body hair with the exception of my arms (probably tonight) and what’s left of the beard. I think it’s going to go tonight as well. So looking forward to this journey to being my true self. Thank you so much for all the inspirational pictures.

Jaymi Lynn

Hi
Seriously though dont rush stuff too much or you will loose out and not get the transition grounding and belief you need. You  (like the 9 Billion others on this planet) are unique and too many people try to pigeon hole everyone. They are idiots and dont embrace the full human factor. Love who you are now,and who you want to be and all the bits inbetween, but make sure you help your loved ones to be included and help in your journey, Its probably more issues to them than it is for you now. Love your honest posts. TC XX
Luv n Hugz

Katie

Offline josie76

• Family
  • Something beautiful emerges from a dark pool
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 08:27:47 am »
Well since no one else seems to be adding anything I guess Ill throw my pics out there.  :D ::) :P

Changes do happen. It takes time. I don't see myself as pretty but I do see myself very different than I once did.

Stay positive everyone!
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy
09/11/2019 PPV at IU Health (DaVinci robot laparoscopic Davydov with modified Chonburi Flap) w/ Dr. Gallagher, Dr. Koch, Dr. Roth assisting urology
03/02/2020 revision labiaplasty at IU Health w/ Dr. Gallagher

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence.
I for one want to live now, not just exist!

Offline Cassie 4 Ever!!!

• Cassie Angelica
  • Friend
  • This is life, live it as if you get one chance
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 05:21:53 pm »
Well since no one else seems to be adding anything I guess Ill throw my pics out there.  :D ::) :P

Changes do happen. It takes time. I don't see myself as pretty but I do see myself very different than I once did.

Stay positive everyone!

I do not understand why you dont see yourself as pretty. When I look at your side by side photos, there is a very dramatic change. I have talked to others who i thought were knock off gorgeous and totally envious of them and after some deliberation, they let it be known that they didn't think they were pretty, and that they stuck out like a sore thumb. It all takes time, and one thing we who transition get too wrapped up in is just our appearance (understandably) and we often forget about our confidence and I cannot stress enough how far that can get you in itself. Your picture on the right has beautiful hair (im jealous), very clear skin (so many struggle with this), and if you add some positives smiles in there I believe you are golden in this regard.

Offline roseyfox

• Friend
  • Love is all you need. :* :)
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 02:06:34 am »
i go awoo
I rather not

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 02:47:19 am »
Going back and looking at the old thread gives me some glimmer of hope for whenever I start HRT. Everyone is looking great

Online Katie Jade

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2020, 03:27:50 pm »
i go awoo

Wow truly stunning...
Congrats

TC

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: >:-) :angel: :angel: :angel:

Offline Datgurl

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 09:32:49 pm »
Picture of me from about 6 years ago?, I used to gym 1-2 times a day 6-7days a week had an 8pk Body Fat of between 6&8% but was always ashamed of my body, in an effort to try combat my dysphoria I worked out.. but no matter what I did to occupy my mind I would never sleep constantly depressed and on 3 occasions tried to take my life but woke up in failed attempts, then by weird luck I met my now fiancé soon to be wife and we had a lovely daughter before I started my Transition, she implored me to seek help so I did and yeah now were here I still have my moments but my Fiancé is right there with me to help at a drop of the hat every time, she even reminds me every night to take my medication lol.

anyways enough babble here's the pic lol
6F2FB520-E093-4136-9D79-F9D1735EEDE3 by erin wright, on Flickr

Online heather3791

• Neighbor
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 09:20:22 am »
Hi Datgurl, you look amazing in both photos. I noticed that you clearly owned a motorcycle...specifically from what I can gather from the partial picture of the bike it appears to be a crotch rocket. I too work out constantly and I too had a bad a$$ bike (Ducati). For lots of MTF’s before any transitioning we seem to engage ourselves in hyper-masculine activities. Why that is varies for each one of us, but for me it was to suppress and hide my true inner femininity. Anybody else share this sentiment? Regardless you look much happier now..and again, look fantastic!

Offline Pammie

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2020, 02:16:39 pm »
As a prize, Pammie, you get your dues paid for the week...

;D

Katie
Yay!

Offline Drexy/Drex

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2020, 03:06:10 pm »
As always stunning 😊
Resistance is futile go with the flow

Don't be afraid to fail
Be afraid not to try

Offline Pammie

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 03:08:57 pm »
Picture of me from about 6 years ago?, I used to gym 1-2 times a day 6-7days a week had an 8pk Body Fat of between 6&8% but was always ashamed of my body, in an effort to try combat my dysphoria I worked out.. but no matter what I did to occupy my mind I would never sleep constantly depressed and on 3 occasions tried to take my life but woke up in failed attempts, then by weird luck I met my now fiancé soon to be wife and we had a lovely daughter before I started my Transition, she implored me to seek help so I did and yeah now were here I still have my moments but my Fiancé is right there with me to help at a drop of the hat every time, she even reminds me every night to take my medication lol.

It’s outrageous to look that good in both personas!

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 03:58:47 pm »

I've watched the hands of time roll forward and backward. I didn't know what the word transgender meant until 2019.

In 2018 if you would have told me transgender people were born with gender identities that didn't align with their birth I would have told you to seek mental health counseling. I'm relieved that wall is down.

Each day brings me a little closer to becoming the woman I was meant to be.

Sophia

1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman, time for a change....
2-22-2019 Started HRT
8-9-2019 Legal Name Change
8-14-2019 New Drivers License issued with correct gender
9-5-2019 Social Security card updated
10-12-2019 Birth certificate updated
2-22-2020 One year HRT

Offline Pammie

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 04:34:37 pm »

I've watched the hands of time roll forward and backward. I didn't know what the word transgender meant until 2019.

In 2018 if you would have told me transgender people were born with gender identities that didn't align with their birth I would have told you to seek mental health counseling. I'm relieved that wall is down.

Sophia
And those pictures tell the story of the beautiful butterfly emerging from her cocoon xxx

Offline madeleine

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 07:24:02 pm »

Wow, you look great and you are so lucky to have a fiancé who understands and supports you in this!

Offline madeleine

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 07:26:27 pm »

Sophia

It is so inspirational to see all these photos in sequence.  Thank you for putting this together and sharing.  You look great and wish you the best as you get closer to who you want to be!

Tags: