Author Topic: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.  (Read 33014 times)

Online davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.
« Reply #960 on: July 16, 2021, 03:20:41 am »
Yesterday morning I shot down to my unit to pick up a fuel can, Eddy the electrician was down there waiting to get his van fixed ( I have known him for 20+ years) . Its the first time as he put it seeing me au fem and he said I looked good and he was pleasantly surprised (like I said before the old work wear does nothing to help) .
 Big adventure this morning taking the panel van for its first drive out to get wheel alignment done, just hoping the engine runs okay.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Online Pammie

• Up
« Reply #961 on: July 16, 2021, 09:01:47 am »
Yesterday morning I shot down to my unit to pick up a fuel can, Eddy the electrician was down there waiting to get his van fixed ( I have known him for 20+ years) . Its the first time as he put it seeing me au fem and he said I looked good and he was pleasantly surprised (like I said before the old work wear does nothing to help) .
 Big adventure this morning taking the panel van for its first drive out to get wheel alignment done, just hoping the engine runs okay.
Hope it goes well and that was lovely feedback from Eddy in his own way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online davina61

« Reply #962 on: July 16, 2021, 12:17:13 pm »
Well thats the bus sorted, tracking done and picked up a gas refill. It was that hot in my unit I dug out fan we used to cool down the drag beetle engine after a run, car said 29C and its supposed to be hotter tomorrow so need to get up early before its to hot to weld under the Austin.
Wash and polish the panel when its cooler next week!

I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Online davina61

« Reply #963 on: July 17, 2021, 01:59:41 pm »
Damn it HOT, 85F 29C in my flat, had trouble getting to sleep last night and its hotter tonight. Went down the unit early this morning to beat the heat and managed to do all the welding before it got too hot. At least the paint dried quick.
Sat here in a lose T shirt and my knickers!! drinking loads of water, cant remember if my fan heater blows cool air so off to have a look.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #964 on: July 17, 2021, 02:13:54 pm »
Damn it HOT, 85F 29C in my flat, had trouble getting to sleep last night and its hotter tonight. Went down the unit early this morning to beat the heat and managed to do all the welding before it got too hot. At least the paint dried quick.
Sat here in a lose T shirt and my knickers!! drinking loads of water, cant remember if my fan heater blows cool air so off to have a look.
@davina61
Dear Davina:
Being too hot or warm can be a real problem....  you need fans, Air Conditioning, splash water on your face, take a cold shower ?  ??? 

I live in a colder climate and when I am cold it is much easier to put on warm clothes and outerwear....

Try to stay comfortable....
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Online davina61

« Reply #965 on: July 17, 2021, 03:07:33 pm »
Yes have the fan running, might have a cold shower before bed.

Online davina61

« Reply #966 on: July 20, 2021, 02:07:38 am »
Well its 8am and sat here with a sweat on already, its too hot for a good nights sleep. Doing some jobs on the VW panel this morning. Lads and ladies from the hot rod club are coming over tonight to give me a hand to drop the Austin body onto my trolley frame , then its a local pub for some food and bench racing. Will have to go to the unit to sort stuff out first.
Must remember sun cream!!

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #967 on: July 20, 2021, 12:31:22 pm »
It's so hard when it's hot at night like that! I'm lucky in Colorado that it is rare when the nights don't cool into the 60's F or even lower. So with a fan all night, then close up the place in the morning, it can remain pretty comfortable all day.

My smartphone thinks it's smarter than me. It's probably right.

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Online davina61

« Reply #968 on: July 21, 2021, 01:39:00 am »
A wee bit cooler last night and a slight breeze this morning, had a good night with some of the folk from my hot rod club. After putting the Austin body onto the trolley we went to the pub and had some nice food , I had a pint of local craft ale that was lovely. It was nice to get back to "normal" and the panel van ran fine.
 Had a nice chat with the other trans lady in our group and her Fiat Topolino hot rod caused a lot of interest in the car park. Back to the sweat box today moving stuff around and then some welding , just what you need in 30+C temps!!!

Online davina61

« Reply #969 on: Today at 02:20:26 am »
Much better nights sleep now the hot weather has broken, windy and showers this morning. I was totally done in last night after spending all day (8.30 to 5 pm) cutting, grinding and welding making tubular wishbones for the Austin. BFF rang and said we are going to see a band do you want to come, felt way to rough to go.
I thought after all that grafting and with a small breakfast , lunch and dinner I might have lost weight . No chance its gone up a lb !!! 

Tags: