Blogs > Member Blogs

MTF in need of help 2

<< < (74/85) > >>

Courtney G:

--- Quote from: Rachel on December 10, 2021, 08:10:07 pm ---So I asked for a script for finasteride from my NP-c at Mazzoni. I went to CVS where my prescriptions must go through and they said it was not covered. They said it is $210. I said no thank you. I ordered it from a pharmacy on-line for $89 for 3 month supply. I will check the cost at the Mazzoni pharmacy and may get it there in the future. They have a community price for meds not covered by insurance.

I purchased the medication for less than 1/8 the cost on-line, including registered air mail.

--- End quote ---

It might pay to check prices of different dosages. I found that the price varied due to the typical use. I'm getting a larger dose and cutting mine in half in order the get the prescribed daily amount. Something to check into if your doc allows it (I don't see why they wouldn't).

Rakel:

--- Quote from: Rachel on December 10, 2021, 08:10:07 pm ---So I asked for a script for finasteride from my NP-c at Mazzoni. I went to CVS where my prescriptions must go through and they said it was not covered. They said it is $210. I said no thank you. I ordered it from a pharmacy on-line for $89 for 3 month supply. I will check the cost at the Mazzoni pharmacy and may get it there in the future. They have a community price for meds not covered by insurance.

I purchased the medication for less than 1/8 the cost on-line, including registered air mail.

--- End quote ---

Finasteride is used for 2 different reasons. A higher dose is used for prostate issues, which is covered by insurance. The other indication is for male pattern baldness, which is a much lower dose and is not usually covered by insurance.

Many people have been buying the high dose tablets and splitting the tablets into half or even quarter tablets for their needs.

Also, brand name products are outrageously much higher in cost than generic drugs of the same quality.

Rachel:
@Courtney G, thank you.
@Rakel, thank you.

I ordered the higher dose and I was planning on cutting it in 4. The order will last me a year and cost 1/3 the cost of my co-pay if insurance covered it.

Here is my thought process, I had started putting T on. Just a small amount as directed by my doctor. I was putting it on my clit thinking it would help it to grow a little. It is very small. Well, it did not cause my clit to enlarge. I saw another method but I do not care to use it. I am just going to leave it as is. It is my whole glands penis and in the same spot as pre GCS.

Next I put it between my boobs. The thought was it is close to the heart and maybe it would cause better circulation of the T through my body. I noticed hair growing where I placed the T. I stopped using the T and the hair went away in two months ( I shaved it and it has stopped growing).

So the thought is that hair growth needs T. DHT is made by 5A reductase. Hair susceptible to DHT miniaturize and fall out. I like the increased drive from a dab of T daily but do not want head hair negatively effected. I was thinking after I get the fin to try placing T on a very very small spot on my scalp in a controlled experiment.
-----------------------------------------

I have been packaging all weekend all product is sold for the year. I have one more order to package and I am done.

I found a new product yesterday and I want to contact the artisan to initiate a deal. I will work on that this week. I talked to him briefly yesterday and he is definitely a good person.   

---------------------------------------

Electric guitar update. I am learning Wish You Were Here. I have a left and right electric and bass guitars.  I just need to get faster and I will have blackbird down well.   

Rachel:
I returned from a Weekend at Erica's. I do not know but I feel that we are drifting apart. I left a present on the placemat where she eats as I left today. I have a feeling I will not see her again.
---------------------
I had a meeting with the COO and my boss last week. It is in preparation for a meeting this week with Faculty. I was a little early to the meeting (MS meetings) and he logged on early too. He asked so how have the holidays been and I said quiet. Then he asked are you taking any time off? I said no. Then my boss got on line and we started the meeting.

I was thinking that the price of transition so far for me has been the quiet and alone time, especially during the holidays. I lost my immediate family.  I only have my sister left and on occasion my daughter. My ex and I eat out once in a while and then there is Erica and Melissa.

Parties are but a brief moment in time and have no meaning. It feels good though :)

I am learning the electric guitar. I have been selling on-line for 25 years. I have a very demanding job. Yet, something is missing. As I drive to north Jersey I pass the Princeston airport and I also pass the Trenton airport and the Newark airport. As I see the airports or signage for the airports I think I would love to fly. So Maybe I will learn to fly. IDK, but it looks like fun. Crazy thoughts, I know.

So this deal came up and I was asked how much did I want. I said all of it. I am in the middle of the deal and it will work out. It was crazy of me to think I could do this deal. I got 2.99% money and made it work. 3 months ago I would have thought that is impossible. So maybe learning to fly is not so crazy. I was offered another large deal and I said yes.

I do not have a therapy appointment for another 3 weeks but if there is anything that comes up I can schedule.

I was thinking some more. My brother, sister and I were physically abused. I had made excuses for it but the reality is there was no excuse for it. My brother was 6.5 years older than me and he abused me as well. No excuse. There was sexual abuse as well.

I did not talk much until I was in school and then not much. I stared out the window a lot and watched birds. I watch them build they nests and feed their young. I hated school. Not learning but the types of schools I was placed in. I was extremely afraid of authority or authority figures. I promised myself many times I would not be like my Father, mother or brother. I promised myself I would never repeat the cycle and I did not.

I realize now I have been holding my self back because of fear. Fear of everything. Transition was a step in the process but not the end. Going to a dudgeon, sex parties and having a relationship was part of the process. I think I need to challenge myself more and do the things I really want to do in life. When I was in Belize 10 years ago Tropical Air has a sign, learn to fly and work for Tropical Air.

I think 2022 will have a new goal or two. Maybe I will have another job I really enjoy some day.

Rachel Lynn

Courtney G:
It's so odd....we're in this giant world together (all of us) and I'm reading all of the updates to topics on a daily basis, so of course I read yours and what's blowing me away is that you're probably passing within 15 minutes of my house at times, maybe closer. Strange world.

Anyway, I'm so sorry for the troubles you've been through. As a child of an alcoholic, with parents that both died when I was young, I've seen my share of tragedy, but I consider myself lucky, because somehow I made it through. I hope you continue to search for and find what you're looking for. Love will come to you, as they say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version