Author Topic: The ramblings of Alex.  (Read 1264 times)

Offline TooTallAlex

The ramblings of Alex.
« on: February 14, 2020, 07:37:31 pm »
So I wanted to say thank you to everyone here. This group has provided so much information.

I wanted to start this journal as a progress of myself so I can look back and see where I came from and the journey I have taken in becoming the person that I have always known that I was. I know I am just starting my journey but I am happy with the progress that I am making on becoming the person I have always known that was there and have suppressed and covered up.

I have decided that I am going to start HRT soon and my counselor agrees that this is a good decision for myself. So hopefully I will be able to start the process soon. Looking forward to the changes that will take place but I am also very scared. No body in family knows that I transgender nor friends or coworkers. So explaining to them will difficult and scary.

For now I just wanted a place to post some thoughts and random ramblings. I will try to share more and photos of my progress soon.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

HRT - July 2020

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: The ramblings of Alex.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 10:04:58 pm »
@TooTallAlex
Dear Alex:
I also am very glad to see that you have now started your own personal blog/thread that you can consider to be your journal here on the forums.  As you post your thoughts, ideas and questions you can expect that you will have "followers" that will keep abreast of what you post about going on in your transition life.... and you can then expect comments from like-minded members here that will be pertinent to what you are posting.

I keep a personal thread journal here on the Forums, in fact I have a couple of them listed at the bottom of my profile on my page after any comment that I post.  You might find them informative and will want to take a look at them if you have the time.
Very importantly I also keep a more personal (for my eyes only) old school pen&paper journal at home complete with colorful doodling and a snapshot picture every so often.   On a cold rainy night, I can be found in my comfortable chair in front of my fireplace reading my journal for hours, sometimes with tears in my eyes, tears of joy and sometime tears of disappointments.

The good thing regarding keeping personal journals is that you can write about your successes and good moments and when you have not-so-good moments you can write out your frustrations, discouragements and failures... in other words you can use your journals to "vent"... which can then allow you to ponder and think about your life situation and then try to formulate positive actions that will bring improvements...  this is all very good therapy for sure.

Here on the forums we are ALL wishing you well and rooting for you success... we will rejoice with you when you report good things and when you report not-so-good things we will lend you our ear to listen and will offer our shoulder for you to lean on.

I will be eagerly looking for your future postings as you feel so led to share them.

HUGS and best wishes to you as you continue in your journey.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 08:00:13 pm »
Hi Alex:

Welcome!

I look forward to your ups & downs.  This is a journey that will have lots of both - at least mine has!

Sometimes we also get a chance to enjoy a good laugh with each other.  I know I’ve found some humorous/head scratching moments during my transition.  Those are fun to write about, and see what other members have to say.

Again, welcome to your personal journal and blog!
Kate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kate

Offline TooTallAlex

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 12:21:07 pm »
Had an appointment today with my general physician and got a clean bill of health. Asked about HRT and received good information but most of the questions will have to be answered by the endocrinologist.

I will receive my referral letter from my counselor next week and and hopefully will get a referral to and endocrinologist as well. Happy and excited that I am starting this process but also scared and nervous.

Only good things to come!

HRT - July 2020

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 12:27:15 pm »
Yay Alex  :)
Congratulations on clean bill of health (wonderful) and steps forward!

Offline Julie H

• Family
  • Formerly known as White Rabbit
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 01:49:17 pm »
Congratulations on the letter.
Julie

Offline TooTallAlex

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 07:51:42 am »
Today marks day number 90 of taking finasteride. So far I have noticed that the hair on top of my head is starting to get a bit more filled in. Yeah!

I have been growing it out and its starting to look better every day. Can't wait until it gets out of this in-between stage of a boy cut and turns more into a pixie cut. It's getting close and I can't wait!

I have also reached my first weight loss goal last week and am working on getting to the next goal. Only one goal after that! It shouldn't take me much longer to get there.

Only all good things to come!
HRT - July 2020

Offline TooTallAlex

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 08:56:00 pm »
Still haven't started HRT because of the COVID-19 virus that is going on right now. I am still in contact with my therapist and hoping to get my letter of recommendation soon.

Today is Easter and although I wasn't able to be with family (that doesn't know yet) I was able to spend the day with my spouse!  We spent the whole day together cooking an amazing dinner and I even got all dressed up. Felt really good to be just myself. Even though these days aren't normal it felt great to be normal. Happy Easter everyone!

HRT - July 2020

Offline Pammie

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 09:15:24 pm »
Still haven't started HRT because of the COVID-19 virus that is going on right now. I am still in contact with my therapist and hoping to get my letter of recommendation soon.

Today is Easter and although I wasn't able to be with family (that doesn't know yet) I was able to spend the day with my spouse!  We spent the whole day together cooking an amazing dinner and I even got all dressed up. Felt really good to be just myself. Even though these days aren't normal it felt great to be normal. Happy Easter everyone!

Awwwww how lovely and what gorgeous pics - go you!! Xxx

I opened the door and the light shone in

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 02:01:29 pm »
Nice dress Alex!
Hang on for the HRT hon.
Happy for your good day.

Offline TooTallAlex

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 11:56:27 am »
We took the motorcycle out the other day for a picnic at the lake. We took a few pictures to capture the moment. Was shocked of how feminine I looked in the photo. No makeup or anything. Just me.

HRT - July 2020

Offline TooTallAlex

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 05:23:21 pm »
Feeling on top of the world this evening. Went and bought some work out clothes and went for a walk at the sports park. While walking there was were two women behind us and they complimented me on how good I smell. They were just so nice. Random stranger just passing on some kindess.

HRT - July 2020

Offline TooTallAlex

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 04:48:30 pm »
Today marks the first full day of HRT. Feeling on top of the world! This girl is so excited. I know the feeling is just me being silly but I swear my mood is different already. Just cant keep from smiling all day long.
HRT - July 2020

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 05:14:57 pm »
@TooTallAlex
This is terrific news for you and for all of your readers and followers to read about.
Definitely finally starting your HRT with your first dose TODAY is absolutely euphoric !!!!
Obvious your meds have not had a chance to do their magic yet but your emotions and your mind "feel" it.
- - - - - - - - - - -

...and to add to your HRT celebration it was your birthday on July 14th, a week ago!!!
  wishing a very   :icon_flower:    H A P P  Y   B I R T H D A Y     :icon_flower:
                                       :icon_birthday:      :icon_birthday:

Please keep all of us updated as your journey continues....
HUGS and more HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 03:02:23 pm »
Hooray!
Happy for you Alex!!
Glad you are smiling  :)

Offline TooTallAlex

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 08:06:38 am »
It's been a few months now and things are progressing nicely.

Updates on some milestones. I have fully come out to my friends and family. My family was probably the hardest because you never know the reaction but all in all it went really well. I have also came out socially and changed my Facebook profile to reflect my gender properly and have updated my name as well. All of this was the process of several large steps in which I'm happy that are completed. It's nice being able to use my name in my daily life and not having to switch back and forth depending on who I am talking to.

And this brings me to my next update. I have been working with my lawyer and we are getting extremely close to filing the paper work to get my name legally changed and the gender marker changed as well. Soon I will no longer see my dead / assigned name whenever I open my wallet.

Hope you all have a great holiday season and be sure to stay safe and take care of yourself.

HRT - July 2020

Offline TooTallAlex

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2020, 10:19:00 am »
My lawyer has officially filed the petition for the name & gender change. Just waiting on the court date, fingers crossed the next steps go smoothly.
HRT - July 2020

Offline Pammie

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2020, 10:26:43 am »
My lawyer has officially filed the petition for the name & gender change. Just waiting on the court date, fingers crossed the next steps go smoothly.
Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2020, 06:19:41 pm »

@TooTallAlex

Wow, this is wonderful news and certainly a momentous occasion for you in your journey.
I am very happy for you.

Please update me and the rest of your followers on here your blog thread when it is all final.
We are all rejoicing with you.

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2020, 06:31:14 pm »

Congratulations!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: