Author Topic: I know I've said it before  (Read 178 times)

Offline Artesia

• Family
I know I've said it before
« on: February 23, 2020, 12:04:41 am »
but I absolutely despise Statistics. I thought I was done with them after I completed the statistics class last year.  I have the class I'm in now and one next semester to go.  I'm hating it right now, but the degree to come will be awesome!

So, update on the education thing.  I have an Associates degree in psychology and will have my Bachelor's degree in psychology this October......as long as I don't blow a class.

I'm looking for Doctoral programs to enter, but my three times on the Dean's list are sure to help that, and I'm trying for more.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
Re: I know I've said it before
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 01:15:41 am »
Yeah, I hear you. I was a Stats TA all through grad school, and it's so hard to teach it well. It's a source of frustration for students and teachers alike.

In truth, I myself didn't really begin to understand the beauty of the subject before I had to start trying to explain it face to face as a TA. Forces one to look beyond formula and example into structure and metaphor. The students ended up teaching me far more than I ever did for them.

If it's any consolation, you can put away your books and theory once you're out of academe. You make the computer do all the math; you're only responsible for structuring the data, tuning the algorithm, and interpreting the output. Life gets right easy.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Tags: