Author Topic: Suggestions for something I can do to feel more feminine? (Not out yet)  (Read 4724 times)

Offline ssjErika33

Hi, Ive been thinking about wanting to do/wear something to make me feel more feminine, my therapist also suggested it, but I’m currently only out to my therapist. I currently live with my family so I have to be very discreet and not get found out right now. Any suggestions for me? The only thing I’ve come up with so far is to get a clear nail polish.

Offline Jenny_Oh

• Friend
Re: Suggestions for something I can do to feel more feminine? (Not out yet)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 01:36:31 am »
  • Shave off your beard  >:-)
  • Observe other women
  • Go on a diet / loose weight
  • Grow your hair
  • Trim / pluck your eyebrows
  • Shave / remove your body hair - nose/ears, legs, pubic, chest
  • Begin a beauty regime - hair, face, skin, nails (seriously, this is a major commitment)
  • Switch from boxers to tighter underwear
  • Buy/listen to anything by Adele  ;D ;D
  • Switch from tight underwear to boy-style women's
  • Buy discreet articles of women's clothing, PJs, jeans, T-shirts, sweaters, gym wear
  • Get hair cut / colored / highlighted
  • Mani/Pedi
  • Learn/Practice makeup routines
  • Get bangs
  • Come out (everyone will have figured it out by now)

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 02:12:51 am »
Thanks for that video. I have a couple of those things like facial hair always shaved, long hair and currently on keto. But things like having articles of clothes and stuff aren’t viable for me right now living at home. I have clothes, makeup, breast forms, nail polish stashed away in my storage from when I lived on my own. Hoping to move out sometime this year.

But yeah, like undies and stuff worry me because the potential of them peeking out lol.

Offline Cassie23

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 02:36:19 am »
Thanks for that video. I have a couple of those things like facial hair always shaved, long hair and currently on keto. But things like having articles of clothes and stuff aren’t viable for me right now living at home. I have clothes, makeup, breast forms, nail polish stashed away in my storage from when I lived on my own. Hoping to move out sometime this year.

But yeah, like undies and stuff worry me because the potential of them peeking out lol.

There are a lot of women’s lounge/sweat pants that can totally pass as men’s. Same with jeans. This little hidden trick has always helped me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Julielynn

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 04:01:39 am »
I went as far as getting Laser hair removal, then electrolysis for the rest.   Even my guy friends liked the idea of never shaving again.  I look like a creepy 70's singer with a mustache so no one thought it was weird when I did it.   Talk about liberating though. 

Offline Denice

• Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 04:27:22 am »
Some clear lip gloss helps me.
I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Offline TooTallAlex

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 08:54:35 am »
As already suggested shaving and wearing more feminine clothing. A lot of clothes can pass as either female or male. Use women's deodorant. Get yourself a bag to put your stuff (makeup, lipgloss, etc) in so it doesn't have to be out and in the open. There are a lot of gender-neutral bags available out there.

I have found the little items that no one notices are sometimes the most helpful.
HRT - July 2020

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2020, 11:23:54 am »
Exercise for a thin waist and toned arms instead of muscles.

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 12:26:50 pm »
Some great ideas, especially the lip gloss, though I’m wondering if the shine is noticeable with lip gloss? Also maybe jeans. What’s the best way to determine sizing? I currently wear 33-34 in men’s jeans.

Might be time to do some online shopping, thanks for the ideas.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 12:46:30 pm »
You need to try stuff on, as most TGs have much narrower hips than GGs.  Even GGs have to try a lot of stuff to find clothes that fit.

Offline Iztaccihuatl

• Friend
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 01:21:33 pm »
They also sell clear mascara. It is not really noticeable, but just the act of putting it on makes me feel feminine.

You can also get some women's loafers, people don't notice that either as long as you wear them with socks...

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2020, 03:18:14 pm »
Some great ideas, especially the lip gloss, though I’m wondering if the shine is noticeable with lip gloss?

I wore clear Chap stick for years and it did give me a discrete sense of doing something feminine.

Androgynous clothing can go a long way towards your future ward robe. I wore a lot of shorts and t-shirts for many years and I still do.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2020, 04:41:03 pm »
Yes, lip gloss is shiny.  I got a free tube from VS when I attended on of the special events for card holders and have been wearing it to work.

Offline Denice

• Neighbor
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2020, 06:57:24 pm »
Some great ideas, especially the lip gloss, though I’m wondering if the shine is noticeable with lip gloss? Also maybe jeans. What’s the best way to determine sizing? I currently wear 33-34 in men’s jeans.

Might be time to do some online shopping, thanks for the ideas.

I use some rather cheap gloss, it doesn't last too long.
I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Offline Tess100

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 11:57:53 pm »
Sitting while going to the bathroom was a great starting point for me.  It doesn't get more private than that.  ;)

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 12:00:34 am »
Sitting while going to the bathroom was a great starting point for me.  It doesn't get more private than that.  ;)

Lol, it’s funny you mention that. I actually started doing that recently.

Offline Iztaccihuatl

• Friend
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 12:05:54 am »
If you have moments you are by yourself, you could also start experimenting with your voice, not only pitch, but also resonance and inflection.

Offline Jenny_Oh

• Friend
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 09:30:04 am »
Sitting while going to the bathroom was a great starting point for me.  It doesn't get more private than that.

Oh, my 5 year old was telling me that boys stand in the bathroom (he was explaining why there was pee everywhere.) I'm about to correct him by saying; "That's disgusting! I haven't stood in a bathroom in 20 years and I'm a boy", when I had another moment of self-realization.  :o :o Slaps forehead! I really have no idea do I?  ??? ???

Offline randim

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 10:30:16 am »
Second the suggestion for skin care.  It's silly that is as heavily gendered an activity as it is, but our Marlboro man culture is what it is.  But it's totally defensible and appropriate.  You can also get bonus femme points for using products with  floral scents. Along those lines, there are probably some fragrances marketed to women that are unisex enough for a man to wear.  No idea what they would be though.

Offline Jeanne

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 12:13:54 pm »
 My sense of smell improved when I came out, possibly because I was letting myself be aware of what I smelled.  I found that deodorants were an easy way to feel good about myself.  The tea tree scented deodorants by Tom's of Maine and Jason had androgynous and lightly floral scents respectively.  Both have gender neutral packaging in case that's a concern.

Using an exfoliating washcloth can help your skin look and feel better.  It also properly removes skin oils (Personally, I smelled better.)

Eating well is self care too.  Depending on past habits, it may be validating.

Tags: