Author Topic: Suggestions for something I can do to feel more feminine? (Not out yet)  (Read 2645 times)

Offline RandyL

• On the way

Question for everyone.  Is it just me but the longer I've been on HRT the more I find fault with men. How they behave, the process they use to get ahead, the lack of empathy.

I'm not on HRT but I've gone through the same thing. Maybe it's that my identity is more allied with women than men.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline Dayle1957

• I am a girl, I have always been a girl
So many great things posted here, many of which I do.  Leg, body-hair shaving, eyebrow shaping and dyeing, polished and shaped nails.  Rings, bracelets and chains, sitting to pee! etc etc.

One of the first things I did is start wearing women's running shorts.  They don't look way different from men's, somewhat different cut and shorter but did I feel free and feminine when I wore them on my daily runs out in public!

Music - absolutely makes me feel more feminine, Sarah Bareilles is one of my favs.

Bandanas tied in girly ways are one of my go-to's right now too.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it!
So many great things posted here, many of which I do.  Leg, body-hair shaving, eyebrow shaping and dyeing, polished and shaped nails.

I can't wait to get back to legs, brow shaping/tinting and nails - they're my very essentials with no questions asked.
~Declaring my love for all things Feminine at every opportunity~

~I’m just another transfemme making her way in the world, please be kind out there~

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
I can't wait to get back to legs, brow shaping/tinting and nails - they're my very essentials with no questions asked.

I've learnt to do most of that stuff by myself now. I may in future just go back to have eyebrow shaping done.
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline Dayle1957

My appointments to have my back, shoulders, upper arms, chest and tummy waxed were canceled due to Covid19 restrictions...  YIKES!

So I bought a DYI kit and waxed what I could reach - chest, tummy and upper arms.

Pretty painful but now I feel so much better!!  I am the smoothest I have been in the last 50 years - ha ha!

Dayle

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it!
I've learnt to do most of that stuff by myself now. I may in future just go back to have eyebrow shaping done.

I wish I could, I have just got into the habit of going to the salon with better results.  The ongoing advice is a bonus as well.
~Declaring my love for all things Feminine at every opportunity~

~I’m just another transfemme making her way in the world, please be kind out there~

Offline Battle Goddess

• Family
Paint your toenails. Gateway drug.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Go for a facial and a hand massage (very nice).

:)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
My appointments to have my back, shoulders, upper arms, chest and tummy waxed were canceled due to Covid19 restrictions...  YIKES!

So I bought a DYI kit and waxed what I could reach - chest, tummy and upper arms.

Pretty painful but now I feel so much better!!  I am the smoothest I have been in the last 50 years - ha ha!

Dayle

Other than the pain, that sounds very good!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Dayle1957

OMG Chrissy!

I feel so much better.  So much more feminine I cannot describe it.  Virtually no visible body hair.

Never going to let myself get hairy again.

Hugs

Dayle

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
OMG Chrissy!

I feel so much better.  So much more feminine I cannot describe it.  Virtually no visible body hair.

Hugs

Dayle

Although I cannot attribute for sure to mtf HRT, over time, your hair may get lighter and thinner below your neck.  It does not seem like I need to shave or remove hair as often now for “hairiness”, instead, just to have the smooth, hairless look. 

Consider shaving when taking a nice, warm, lilac soak in the tub.  Or use some other fragrance you enjoy having the rest of the day.  Very feminine, and very delightful.

Chrissy

Offline Dayle1957

Chrissy,

That sounds wonderful!  I could use a quiet evening soak..   Great idea.

Hugs

Dayle

Offline TSL_NB

OMG Chrissy!

Hugs

Dayle

That was a big thing for me as well (getting rid of the hair).

Also, body hair is such a huge 'odour sponge.'  Once I got rid of mine, that had a really positive olfactory effect. :) 
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Tags: