Author Topic: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Kay Kozee

Re: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2021, 03:25:51 am »
Hi Randy,

I love following your blog!

-Kay

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2021, 01:00:40 pm »
Ok, I'm not sure I really want to do this, but here goes. I think I've posted this before. If you've seen it you can skip playing it  ;D  In 2019 I attended the Colorado Roots Music Camp in the mountains on the west side of Pikes Peak. It takes place at the Rocky Mountain Mennonite Camp, which you might think would not be the friendliest place for an out trans person. But in fact everybody there was completely accepting and I had no problems. Of course few of the campers or teachers are Mennonites, so there's that. But most Mennonites are actually pretty modern folks.

I wore femme tops and hats all week, but jeans or shorts, no skirts. For the camper performances the last evening I convinced my good friend Mike to accompany me on a song I wrote that week. I wore a skirt and my most flamboyant hat. The audio is distant and hard to hear; if you really care about the lyrics they're listed in the Youtube comments.

Mystery of the Laundry:

Randy,

So did Mike say something about a “dress rehearsal?”   :)

Thanks for sharing.  Nice outfit too.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2021, 06:09:33 pm »

Randy,

So did Mike say something about a “dress rehearsal?”   :)

Thanks for sharing.  Nice outfit too.

Chrissy

Yes it was a great joke. And then one of the instructors chimed in "skirt rehearsal" to which I agreed.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2021, 06:14:32 pm »

Yes it was a great joke. And then one of the instructors chimed in "skirt rehearsal" to which I agreed.

It was funny.  :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Toni1

• Neighbor
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2021, 05:28:13 pm »
That is how I transitioned. I started wearing women's cloths that were more or less gender neutral.  The same with my hair and the use of nail polish. This allowed my wife time to adjust. Slowly she started helping me pick out women's clothes. I think this approach was a big part of why she was able to accept my transition. It allowed her to work it out with her therapist. And she learned that even as I transitioned my love for her would not change.

I am not saying it was easy for either one of use. But at the end, she picked out my new name and before she died participated in my initial GCS consultations with the surgeons I was looking at.

Ellen

Same here. For me it's been very slow, at this point about 7 years of slow transition but it's been the right thing for me and my family. Gees it was just a couple of years ago that I found a cute top that I liked and my wife disapproved saying it was too "girly". And now... she's picking out dresses for me. It's a process for our family that thankfully is increasing our bonds of love.
Toni

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2021, 06:57:00 pm »
Oh Randy, "Hun", "Ma'am" and a song performance, how great for you!  You so deserve it!

Warm hugs,

Emma

The heart has reasons that reason can not understand.

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2021, 04:52:22 am »
Well done on the performance , as you know missing my open mic nights so that made up a little !!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2021, 07:35:46 pm »
Thank you for your encouragement @Kay Kozee @ChrissyRyan @Toni1 @Emma1017 and @davina61. You are all very kind

Emma suggested on Allie's blog to look into a home equity loan in order to split the proceeds from the house without actually selling it yet. I'll keep that in mind.

My wife had said that she doesn't want to sell before June, when we had hoped to have a large family gathering in celebration of our daughter's wedding that happened last summer. But our daughter has now called that off since it is obviously not yet safe. So I wonder if that can get us moving forward on selling the house? I kind of doubt it's going to move very fast.

I just now had to go over there to do some caulking on the roof. There was a leak from all the recent snow. The roofer blames the lightning rod system and the solar thermal panels. Since the lightning rods were reinstalled after the roof was completed (it was a replacement roof due to hail damage), I am taking responsibility to caulk those.

But the solar penetrations were already in place when the roofers did their work. So I believe it was their responsibility to seal those. I have to talk with them tomorrow.

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Tags: