Author Topic: Pammie’s all new blog  (Read 14347 times)

Offline Pammie

Pammie’s all new blog
« on: February 24, 2020, 07:22:15 am »
Well, I thought I’d like to inflict my daily life on the community - I mean (obviously) to perhaps provide some perspectives and encouragement by portraying my life some 2.5yrs after going full time. I’m lead to believe it won’t be mandatory for everyone to read this but I’ll be challenging that!

Today being a Monday i’m in the office and I have meetings with external suppliers so am aiming for smart - of course aiming and hitting might be 2 very different things!

I opened the door and the light shone in

Offline CynthiaAnn

• like totally dig that pacific pulse....
Re: Pammie’s all new blog
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 07:29:30 am »
Well, I thought I’d like to inflict my daily life on the community - I mean (obviously) to perhaps provide some perspectives and encouragement by portraying my life some 2.5yrs after going full time. I’m lead to believe it won’t be mandatory for everyone to read this but I’ll be challenging that!

Today being a Monday i’m in the office and I have meetings with external suppliers so am aiming for smart - of course aiming and hitting might be 2 very different things!

What a lovely picture @Pammie, so professional  :) Indeed you are benefiting from living "full time" and working as your true self, nothing better  :)

Hope your day is a good one

Hugs

Cyndi
kindness is love nurturing your soul....

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 10:47:56 am »
I'll look forward to it, Pammie.

Offline MikaelaA

• The day I can be myself is the best day of my life
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 11:04:14 am »
You're looking good Pammie !!!  Thank you for inviting us along.  I can't wait to go full-time myself.  I look forward to your extensive knowledge and sharing in your journey.

Hugs,

Michelle
Finally discovered the real ME: September 5, 2019
Started HRT: September 20, 2019
Out to my wife: October 25, 2019
Out to my closest friends and family: February 9, 2020
Out at work: July 31, 2020
Legal name change: September 29, 2020

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 11:24:08 am »
@Pammie
Dear Pammie:
I am so very glad to see that you are starting your "all new blog" ....   
I love following other members stories and life endeavors as they navigate the pothole filled road of transition.

As you post good news we will all rejoice with you, we are your biggest fans.....   and when your reporting not-so-good news we will lend you our ears and give you our shoulders to lean on and to vent on.   We are always rooting for your happiness and your success.

Please keep your updates coming along with pictures as you feel so inclined to share them.

HUGS and as always, best wishes.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Pammie

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 01:45:57 pm »
Today was an insightful day, I was reminded how much I have evolved - not just mentally but physically and emotionally also. It’s part of my job to ask lots of questions when we get suppliers in bidding for work and before I went full time I worried about that but now it’s just BAU (Business As Usual) and I just do it. Don’t get me wrong, my voice is still a work in progress but every day is 20 or 30 opportunities to practice and I know it’s come a long way.
A recurring theme for me is waking up and feeling so excited at another day just being myself. I’d sorted out my outfit for today last night but changed my mind and went for something else - I have lots of nice clothes and often change my mind!
I feel so right in my shoes (well, boots today!) and that ever present feeling of completeness and contentment is a powerful weapon! Today I felt good, a bit more time taken on my make up and felt like I just was looking good! Memo to self - must look up the word modesty, I think it’s at the back next to humility!
I had a tough evening yesterday with family issues but that’s life and i’m a strong woman and I can handle it.
I’m looking forward to daily blogs on here - hope they don’t get too boring!
Here’s today’s pic again!

Offline Jennifer1975

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 05:03:53 pm »
Today was an insightful day, I was reminded how much I have evolved - not just mentally but physically and emotionally also. It’s part of my job to ask lots of questions when we get suppliers in bidding for work and before I went full time I worried about that but now it’s just BAU (Business As Usual) and I just do it. Don’t get me wrong, my voice is still a work in progress but every day is 20 or 30 opportunities to practice and I know it’s come a long way.
A recurring theme for me is waking up and feeling so excited at another day just being myself. I’d sorted out my outfit for today last night but changed my mind and went for something else - I have lots of nice clothes and often change my mind!
I feel so right in my shoes (well, boots today!) and that ever present feeling of completeness and contentment is a powerful weapon! Today I felt good, a bit more time taken on my make up and felt like I just was looking good! Memo to self - must look up the word modesty, I think it’s at the back next to humility!
I had a tough evening yesterday with family issues but that’s life and i’m a strong woman and I can handle it.
I’m looking forward to daily blogs on here - hope they don’t get too boring!
Here’s today’s pic again!

Your blog will be interesting to follow  :) You have confidence! And you voice will be great.

Offline Pammie

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 01:20:01 am »
Your blog will be interesting to follow  :) You have confidence! And you voice will be great.
Awwww thanks! Sometimes I worry about the depth of my confidence - as I often post on here i’m very very conscious about passing and if I was truly confident I’d be far more sanguine as some on here are
What I definitely am is happy being me though!

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 01:46:12 am »
Pammie, it's about time! You have been piggybacking for too long, and we are all interested in your amazing life. I will be looking for more entries!

Hugs,

Allie

Offline Pammie

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 02:31:44 am »
Pammie, it's about time! You have been piggybacking for too long, and we are all interested in your amazing life. I will be looking for more entries!

Hugs,

Allie
Hee hee

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 03:55:54 am »
Hi Pammie!
I like how it shows through your smile always.  And how you have yourself put together in the work photo.
Not boring, oh no no. 
Excited to follow your all new blog :)

Offline Pammie

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 03:49:38 pm »
Good evening all!
Another long day today! I work near Manchester airport and like to walk into town and get the train to the airport. I get 25 mins chill time to enjoy a coffee on the train, do a sudoku on my phone and touch up my make up before getting to work (I use my phone camera to check my make up - aren’t phone cameras useful!).
2 supplier presentations today so 7 hrs of meetings - that’s an awful lot of voice practice!
Quite pleased with today’s look!
It was 8 before I got home having walked back from the city to home (3.5km) but it’s Pancake Tuesday so made pancakes! Mmmmmm
Hopefully the steps will counter the pancake calories!  - or not

Feeling good as usual and haven’t considered once today if I was passing - I just knew I was

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 03:56:21 pm »
@Pammie
Dear Pammie:
Thanks for sharing your good report.... it sure is nice to not have to worry or be concerned about not passing.... it is definitely a wonderful feeling.

Yes indeed, who needs mirrors, the cell phone camera is great as a personal mirror, a magnifying glass (App) and I use it to look behind me at someone if I don't want to be obvious about it.

All of that walking will certainly help keep your figure trim.

I didn't do pancakes this morning but I did waffles, same batter, so does that count? 
Raspberries and whipped cream on top.

Thank you keeping me and the rest of your followers updated....

HUGS and best wishes.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline CynthiaAnn

• like totally dig that pacific pulse....
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2020, 04:02:43 pm »
Very nice ensemble today Pammie  :)

Your posting about walking the streets of Manchester, brings back memories of the Salford Quays area, and walking those streets around the stadium and of course the many train stations there.

Pancakes sound great !

C
kindness is love nurturing your soul....

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 04:11:19 pm »

Your posting about walking the streets of Manchester, brings back memories of the Salford Quays area, and walking those streets around the stadium and of course the many train stations there.

Pancakes sound great !

C

Waffles are good,  pancakes are good.  How about crepes?

McDonald’s pancakes I believe are frozen then reheated.

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Pammie

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 04:15:30 pm »

Pancakes sound great !

C
Salford quays are my long walk destination - about 11km round trip with a coffee in the Mall as my reward! Mainly a weekend thing though!
I think pancakes, waffles and crepes all count today!

Offline Pammie

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 03:11:51 pm »
Well, physically and emotionally some days are harder than others! Not my best day really.
A little background, I am full time for
2.5 years now, I have 4 children but my eldest, Siobhan, died suddenly last July aged just 34.
This happened the day before my younger son Jack got married. That was an incredibly difficult day and I still don’t know how I got through it (mainly by finding dome alone time 30 or do times during the day and just crying),
I’m still emotionally fragile and the grief is often impossible to handle.
Anyway, my original plan was to get a lovely new pic taken at the wedding of me with my 4 kids but that never came to pass of course.
This week my daughter in law got a photo shopped to generate a pic from the wedding with Siobhan photo shopped in. I love it but the only pic from the wedding of me and the other three also had Hannah (Jacks wife) on and the lady who created the pic swapped her out and put Siobhan in. I now have the pic I thought I could never have but my son and his wife chose to get upset about it. There are times when I just wish my family could understand the pain in my heart
Work wise two more supplier presentations today but finished now, finally!  So tired but glad that’s over.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 03:29:23 pm »
Pammie, we are an ocean apart and have never met. 
But my heart aches a little about Siobhan, and I am still sorry for your loss, mother.

Your photos on this blog thread and elsewhere make me smile. 
It's neat to know that a woman like you is out there somewhere presenting suppliers :)

Offline Pammie

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 03:42:41 pm »
Pammie, we are an ocean apart and have never met. 
But my heart aches a little about Siobhan, and I am still sorry for your loss, mother.

Your photos on this blog thread and elsewhere make me smile. 
It's neat to know that a woman like you is out there somewhere presenting suppliers :)
Thanks Maddie! I love how supportive everyone on here is xxx

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 03:47:08 pm »
Pammie, that is your special photo and nobody else needs to like it! If it is that important to your  son and his wife you could have anther photo made including you all. I was so touched seeing that photo as I cherish my children above all, and I can imagine what it means to you.

Hugs,

Allie

Tags: