Author Topic: How long it takes to come out at work?  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Carla68

• Friend
How long it takes to come out at work?
« on: March 01, 2020, 04:48:58 am »
Hi all

Just wondering how long other people have taken to transition at work?

I basically went to the works BBQ last June in a dress, which definitely broke the ice

I then stopped wearing shirt and tie to work and dropped to casual (not that feminine)

from November my breasts had started to get noticeable but i was ready for winter baggie jumpers

From January I have been wearing a bra to work still under jumpers (because its cold in Holland)

with one day a week a slightly more feminine Jumper

So this week as March starts i intended to switch to my ladies boots and feminine jumpers followed by T-shirts in April and skirts or dresses by May

At somepoint i will have to discuss name change and which toilets to use

Carla
Carla

FFS 22-6-21
GRS 22-6-21

Offline KarynMcD

Re: How long it takes to come out at work?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 12:30:29 pm »
Pretty certain you've already come out at work. You just need to finalize some details.

Offline Carla68

• Friend
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 10:37:02 am »
Due to Covid the office has been mostly closed, I do have to go into the office once a week to work on our secure IT systems and as such stuck to my plan for T-shirts and then dresses

I was going in full time by June as me and TBH have not done anything in what I would call boy mode since covid started now.

I contract and as such I work for multiple companies but only one end customer and I did mention a while ago about updating my name without much happening but a week after my Orchiectomy in August I was asked by my colleagues if i wanted them to start calling me Carla and using female pronouns and also by my manager if i wanted my account and email updating (had to do about 10 of them myself)

I was very pleased with this and it really helps my name now matches my profile pic (ok they weren't getting the point until the testicles were removed)

Everyone has switched over really well apart from one of my main colleagues who is a little older and very supportive but bless him he he just keeps forgetting even though he was giving me lifts to work when i couldn't walk after op (maybe that image has scared him)

I still haven't changed my name officially anywhere as still working in a different country from my passport and kinda stuck here due to covid and i still have the Indian intermediate i work for to deal with but TBH they haven't got my male name right so not holding out much hope

Just the ID badge pic to sort but doing that when salons open

Carla

Carla

FFS 22-6-21
GRS 22-6-21

Pammie

How long it takes to come out at work?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 02:25:06 pm »
Hi all

Just wondering how long other people have taken to transition at work?

I basically went to the works BBQ last June in a dress, which definitely broke the ice

I then stopped wearing shirt and tie to work and dropped to casual (not that feminine)

from November my breasts had started to get noticeable but i was ready for winter baggie jumpers

From January I have been wearing a bra to work still under jumpers (because its cold in Holland)

with one day a week a slightly more feminine Jumper

So this week as March starts i intended to switch to my ladies boots and feminine jumpers followed by T-shirts in April and skirts or dresses by May

At somepoint i will have to discuss name change and which toilets to use

Carla
Interesting. I went through the official route and talked to HR and made a plan to ensure everyone was in the loop and ready. It worked perfectly and I would recommend doing it properly as there are so many implications and insurance implications. It’s also much fairer to your colleagues. Ik neem aan dat alles goed zal gaan (it’s been a while so that’s probably very poor Dutch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 09:17:31 pm »
As people around me see me more frequently than I see myself in the mirror every day, I am sometimes surprised that people are so quick in being adjusted to my new image. It will take some time, but you will be also surprised at the flexibility of people. At first, people may react negatively. Be patient, and act rather than speak.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Tags: