Author Topic: Coronavirus?  (Read 18713 times)

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
Re: Coronavirus?
« Reply #480 on: June 17, 2021, 02:37:13 pm »
I am not yet vaccinated, but the S. Korean government is boosting it recently. Most aged people are now vaccinated. Two people were dead from the side effect of AstraZeneca while other deaths are not yet confirmed to be directly related to vaccination.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&pickerSort=desc&pickerMetric=population&Metric=People+vaccinated&Interval=Cumulative&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=JPN~KOR~AUS~NZL~TWN~USA~BRA~SGP~ITA~FRA~DEU~GBR

barbie~~

Just do it.

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #481 on: June 23, 2021, 06:37:00 pm »
I can speak regarding my area, but not the rest of the country. 

In my area, the lower income people and people on government assistance are extremely resistant to getting vaccinated.  I spoke someone just this morning who if afraid of getting the vaccine.  He is a 20 something black male of modest income.  He doesn't trust the vaccine, he doesn't trust the government and he thinks that he either will not get sick, or will get over it on his own. 

Truthfully, he is probably right in his belief that he will get well on his own if he get's sick.  He is young and he is fit.  He doesn't have cancer, diabetes or any other significant risk factor.  >99% of people in his demographic will not suffer significant long term health problems from getting Covid 19.  His ONLY significant risk factor is his race, which statistically is more likely to get the virus, and more likely to be hospitalized if they do get the virus.

In my area, many black people have the idea that government vaccines don't necessarily work as advertised.  They are ALL well aware of the "Tuskegee Experiment".  If the government wants to push the vaccine to black people, they assume that the government isn't doing it to be nice to them. 

And, they don't trust big pharma.  And, they know that big Pharma has NO LIABILITY if things go badly.  They don't want to be lab test subjects.  And, that is what everyone who get's the vaccine is, including me.  I got my vaccine On April 1, and my arm is still sore.  In fact, it is getting worse.  And, no one has any idea what to do about it if it doesn't just go away on its own.  I feel (right now) like someone has punched me in the arm (hard). 

I can certainly understand why any young healthy person would not want to take an experimental vaccine.  And, the argument that they don't trust "science" goes nowhere, because "science" says the vaccines are still in the experimental stage.  We don't have any idea what the long term effects are.  For me, so far, it is a sore arm.  But, I have significant risk factors.  Better a sore arm than dead from Covid 19.

Offline Battle Goddess

« Reply #482 on: June 28, 2021, 10:35:01 pm »
I got my vaccine On April 1, and my arm is still sore.  In fact, it is getting worse.  And, no one has any idea what to do about it if it doesn't just go away on its own.  I feel (right now) like someone has punched me in the arm (hard). 

Yikes! Have you talked to your doc about it any? DW complained about her vaccinated arm hurting for such a long time that I was convinced she had a connective tissue injury.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

• Family
« Reply #483 on: June 29, 2021, 11:34:11 am »
No.  What can he say about it?  CDC doesn’t have anything.  Janssen Pharmaceuticals doesn’t have any advice.  I am sure he wouldn’t tell me anything they haven’t.  They both said “it goes away in most people within a few days.”  So, what if it doesn’t?  “Ugh, call somebody else, we don’t have an answer.”

I suppose when you take an experiment drug, you should expect no one to know about complications.  That’s why it is still experimental.

It does make me angry that after I told them about the problem, they haven’t followed up with more questions.  It almost seems like they don’t WANT to hear about problems, because they want people to feel good about getting the vaccine. So, blind eye to the problems.

Offline Battle Goddess

« Reply #484 on: June 30, 2021, 02:01:03 pm »
No.  What can he say about it?  CDC doesn’t have anything.  Janssen Pharmaceuticals doesn’t have any advice.  I am sure he wouldn’t tell me anything they haven’t.  They both said “it goes away in most people within a few days.”  So, what if it doesn’t?  “Ugh, call somebody else, we don’t have an answer.”

I suppose when you take an experiment drug, you should expect no one to know about complications.  That’s why it is still experimental.

It does make me angry that after I told them about the problem, they haven’t followed up with more questions.  It almost seems like they don’t WANT to hear about problems, because they want people to feel good about getting the vaccine. So, blind eye to the problems.

Yeah, that is creepy. If there's simply nothing for it, you'd think they'd be doing themselves a big favor if they let people know. Could also be because the reaction always has gone away, but they have no way of predicting when yours will.

DW's pain finally melted away. It did take quite some time.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Divigel January 20 2019

Offline Battle Goddess

« Reply #485 on: July 05, 2021, 02:30:37 pm »
DW's pain finally melted away. It did take quite some time.

I took the opportunity over the weekend to clarify with DW what actually happened. She said that at its worst, she lost one degree of freedom of motion in her shoulder from weakness and pain; that the serious pain took about three months to subside; and that she still has a bit of residual tenderness even now, some five months after her second shot.

She also said her massage therapist told her he knows of quite a few people with similar pain.

Might not be the happiest of news for you, Rachel, but you most certainly don't seem unique.

Divigel January 20 2019

• Family
« Reply #486 on: July 05, 2021, 04:07:02 pm »
Once again, I experience something that most people don’t, but I am not alone.  Oh well, maybe that is everyone’s experience at some time or another.

Offline Battle Goddess

« Reply #487 on: July 06, 2021, 01:50:33 pm »
Once again, I experience something that most people don’t, but I am not alone.  Oh well, maybe that is everyone’s experience at some time or another.

Certainly that of this community's!   ::)

Divigel January 20 2019

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #488 on: July 21, 2021, 12:18:42 pm »
     :police: Note from the Forums Moderation Team :police:

***This thread has drifted off-topic several times and most recently some posts have had to be removed.

Please remember that we only allow discussions and especially political discourse that are directly related
to the LGBTQ community.

Discussions on Susan's Place and the Forums are meant to inform, support and encourage our
community of members and guests in their personal and unique life journeys.

Danielle   northernstargirl@susans.org
Global Moderator

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Tags: