Author Topic: Coronavirus?  (Read 6830 times)

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
Re: Coronavirus?
« Reply #340 on: June 04, 2020, 07:24:25 am »
Sometimes, two out of three isn't bad.  :-X  :laugh:

Nah, you've definitely got a sense of humour!  ;D
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: probably sometime in the 22nd century...
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
« Reply #341 on: June 04, 2020, 07:46:26 am »
Unsure that came out as encouraging as you meant it.

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #342 on: June 04, 2020, 07:53:10 am »

I read it as three out of three ain't bad.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #343 on: June 04, 2020, 11:49:24 am »

It was meant as, well, actually, Rakel, you do have the three; you've just shown that by having the sense of humour. :) I do take your point, though!
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: probably sometime in the 22nd century...
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #344 on: June 04, 2020, 03:36:16 pm »
So, you're got brains, beauty, and a sense of humor too!

Thanks!

A drawback is that I am getting old. Yesterday night, I drank a lot with my friends in the restaurant of my another friend. One said I suddenly look older, but I do not care so much.

A professor from another department came to my office with his teaching assistant to learn how to set up and use Zoom, after reading my post and watching some photos on Facebook. I taught him step by step. He also asked the same question: how could you do that? My answer was the same. And yesterday, he called me several times on the phone to ask more questions to finally set up his own Zoom classes. His final question was how to avoid resonant sounds during Zoom class, and I replied you have better mute the speakers, instead ask students whether the sound is OK.

barbie~~

Just do it.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #345 on: June 04, 2020, 04:55:20 pm »
Barbie, to be frank, I think growing old is harder for pretty women like you. Those who are beautiful have more to lose. However, you're more than brains. You are smart and professionally accomplished and those qualities age well.

Offline barbie

« Reply #346 on: June 04, 2020, 09:47:39 pm »
Just finished a remote meeting from Seoul. I saved a lot of money and time.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Lyric

• Family
« Reply #347 on: June 05, 2020, 09:32:13 am »
Just finished a remote meeting from Seoul. I saved a lot of money and time.

Nice setup-- with two monitors and two webcams, it appears.
"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life." - Steve Jobs

Offline barbie

« Reply #348 on: June 05, 2020, 02:46:05 pm »
Nice setup-- with two monitors and two webcams, it appears.

Yes.

Actually, 6 screens and 4 webcams are available, too complex to handle.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2020, 08:06:59 am »
I heard that a transparent but effective against viruses face mask is under development.
Look for the related articles on the Internet.

That may make wearing the masks more appealing to some.

Chrissy
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #350 on: June 13, 2020, 08:24:46 am »
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
« Reply #351 on: June 15, 2020, 01:26:15 pm »

...Americans, with our strongly ingrained culture of personal liberty, are all too likely to defy the government on general principles. Sniping between the two parties when we're all in this together doesn't help. That people get their news from social media instead of responsible sources may be the worst problem of all.

I personally was disheartened by the President's speech the other day in its several references to the virus being from abroad. Others in his party have been trying to do the same thing. A virus knows no nation.... Casting a virus in terms of The Other is useless. AIDS was not a Gay Plague. Viruses don't discriminate on minority status, but they do discriminate on behaviors.

Jeebus. Can I call it, or can I call it? Three months later, and look how different societies have chosen to handle the Virus. China discovers a hundred cases in Beijing this week and puts the area into lockdown. They plan to have tested a couple hundred thousand folks by tomorrow. In the USA, people get mad at each other over whether one ought to wear a mask.

Divigel January 20 2019

Offline SadieBlake

« Reply #352 on: June 15, 2020, 04:42:37 pm »
Jeebus. Can I call it, or can I call it? Three months later, and look how different societies have chosen to handle the Virus. China discovers a hundred cases in Beijing this week and puts the area into lockdown. They plan to have tested a couple hundred thousand folks by tomorrow. In the USA, people get mad at each other over whether one ought to wear a mask.

In fairness the difference between China and the US (especially under trump) isn't exactly rocket science.

Locally we were a serious hotspot because of population density and a high rate off international travel (one corporate meeting in my city vectored an initial superevent.

Because we're also a population that quickly comprehended the seriousness, we've flattened the curve to near zero.

You hardly see anyone around here not wearing a mask.

🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈

Offline lulita

« Reply #353 on: June 23, 2020, 08:47:21 pm »
I have a question...
How do we clean our jeans?
They say you cannot go and wash your jeans everytime you use. But I never had any information about how to sanitize my jeans in this coronavirus outbreak.

Can I spray alcohol in it?

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
« Reply #354 on: June 23, 2020, 09:14:44 pm »
I have a question...
How do we clean our jeans?
They say you cannot go and wash your jeans everytime you use. But I never had any information about how to sanitize my jeans in this coronavirus outbreak.

Can I spray alcohol in it?
You can, but I betcha your washing machine will do a better job penetrating the material than an alcohol spritz. Why not just take your jeans off when you get home, put them in a corner, and leave them there until you want to go out again? Just don't wear them inside until you wash them.
Divigel January 20 2019

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #355 on: June 23, 2020, 09:27:49 pm »
I store my jeans in a cardboard box between outings.  Even though it is summer, the temperature has been mild when I go out at 8AM to buy groceries.  Storing it in a box also prevents the cat from using my clothes as a blanket.

Marion

Offline lulita

« Reply #356 on: June 24, 2020, 11:49:13 pm »
Yeah I was planning to leave inside my wardrobe in a place that I don't use. But using a cardboard box is a good ideia. Thanks for the tips Maid Marion and Battle Goddess.

Offline barbie

« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2020, 06:12:13 pm »
Yeah I was planning to leave inside my wardrobe in a place that I don't use. But using a cardboard box is a good ideia. Thanks for the tips Maid Marion and Battle Goddess.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Tags: