Author Topic: Sweaters!  (Read 471 times)

Offline JennyTG

• Family
Sweaters!
« on: March 03, 2020, 02:59:41 am »
Do you own any sweaters?  I'm sure a lot of you do.  I've always preferred to wear jackets as outerwear but my tastes and styles are opening up again.  So I've decided to purchase a sweater or two, especially as our winter months are approaching soon.  I will put a pic up soon on my recent purchases.  Are there any sweater colours or styles you particularly like?

~Jenny~

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Sweaters!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 04:11:20 am »
I have many sweaters, most are solid colors.

Chrissy
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 05:32:09 pm »
Thanks.  At least one other person likes them like me, lol.  I'll have to get some pics up soon on my latest buys.  I'm quite fussy with sweaters so maybe a while before I get another.  Anyhoo, fashion and hair takes up far too much of my time.

~Jenny~

Online Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 05:34:28 pm »
Best part of living in the Northern Hemisphere... Christmas sweaters!  ;D
Veteran, US Army

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 05:39:16 pm »
I try and stay away from those ;D

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 09:43:02 pm »
Damn I just bought another, cheap but looks great.  I doubt I will get anymore, just couldn't resist this one.  I really do like sweaters/jumpers now, can't wait for winter!

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 06:14:28 am »
I have a sweater- a long dark green one that looks good.  Like a dress you wear with tights 
Think I will wear it next time I get social.
Might be our summer by then!

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 03:27:15 pm »
^^ Yep, I know that style as well, I really like them.  I don't own one yet but I'm always looking.

~Jenny~

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 03:42:44 pm »
I had on today a cute sweater with a layered look.

There is a variety of sweater styles.  Cooler weather is great for the thicker ones, the thinner styles keep me a bit warmer in those air conditioned rooms on warmer days as well as contributing to a nice appearance.  You can always take it off too.  Sometimes you can wrap it around around your hips for a stylish look.

I think a thin, soft red cardigan over one of my white tops (or some other colors) looks nice.

I like sweaters.  However, I am not a fan of ugly sweaters!

Chrissy

@Northern Star Girl @CynthiaAnn @Roll
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 06:15:53 pm »
So anyways I had to let one sweater go, not quite the right size.  I'm still looking for another one or two I'm really happy with, style and colour as well.  It can be hard to tick all the boxes.  These things mean a lot to me.  The search continues.

~Jenny~

Offline Evienne

• This text is personal.
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 06:22:22 pm »
I own one black ribbed peplum sweater and that's it. I live in an area with very frigged winters but I guess that wasn't enough to get me into them more.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 245 days (updated 03/05/20)

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 06:24:12 pm »
I own two dozen.   ;D  Though I've been lazy and just been rotating between two of them for the past few months.
I wear them at the office during the summer to  stay warm.  ::)

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 06:27:20 pm »
I own two dozen.   ;D  Though I've been lazy and just been rotating between two of them for the past few months.

Marion

Sweaters can be nice.

Chrissy

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 07:01:22 pm »
My favorite is a super thick sweater I bought from Forever 21.

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 07:55:30 pm »
My favorite is a super thick sweater I bought from Forever 21.

Marion

Thick Cable (Cable-Knit) sweaters are nice.

Chrissy

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 07:02:18 pm »

Marion

That's so many!  Good for you.  In my wishlist currently I have a really nice supersoft roll neck longline style, natural colour.  They're kinda expensive so I'll just have to be patient for the deals.  Hopefully a better fit than last time as well.  I don't mind going into the stores but now of course it's better to shop online.

~Jenny~

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 07:38:56 pm »
Now is the time to buy winter clothes on sales.  I just bought a winter coat on sale for 30% off from LL Bean and they threw in a $10 discount coupon to get me to buy again soon.

Marion

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 03:37:00 pm »
Yay, it's nearly time to start wearing them here, the weather is really starting to get cooler! I wouldn't mind purchasing a couple more in the near future.

~Jenny~

Offline CTee

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 11:00:38 am »
If the sweater is slimming and/or form fitting, I'll wear it. Otherwise, they make me look like a linebacker. I'm still at the broad shouldered stage of my transition. Probably more in my head than anything, but I do notice I'm clocked more in sweaters that bulk me up.

It's terrible, as being a true-blue Canadian, I love them. Even ugly Christmas sweaters. Ha Ha!

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 11:05:36 am »
I have only a few form fitting sweaters.  Ones just on the edge of pulling on the buttons.  ;D

Marion

Tags: