Community Conversation > Post operative life

What do you think about all day after your dysphoria is gone?

(1/5) > >>

Jay NB:
Considering that I am thinking about my dysphoria 90% of my free time, more precisely "thinking away" my wrong and offending genitals, I really wonder what I will replace these thoughts with once they are gone. Gosh, I will have so much free space in my head :-)

I wonder what life is when I am not eaten up from the inside by the hate of my genitals.

What is your post-op experience? How much were you thinking about your wrong genitals before, how did that change with the surgery?

Devlyn:
Same thing I've always thought about...food!  :laugh: My wife can verify this. ;D

Hugs, Devlyn

Megan.:

--- Quote from: Devlyn on March 06, 2020, 10:38:40 am ---Same thing I've always thought about...food!  My wife can verify this. ;D

Hugs, Devlyn

--- End quote ---
Yes.. it's true... I often wake up to find Devlyn gnawing on my leg :-D

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Devlyn:
Your fault for being so tasty, my English muffin.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn

Rakel:

--- Quote from: Jay NB on March 06, 2020, 10:03:10 am ---What is your post-op experience? How much were you thinking about your wrong genitals before, how did that change with the surgery?

--- End quote ---

Speaking for myself only, the moment I woke up from GCS, my dysphoria was completely gone and never returned. This is a very real end point for gender dysphoria and the beginning of my new life. I am not the only one who has said this.

Where to go from here? I just get on with life. I do many of the same things I did before. No change there.

However, there is one significant change in my daily routine. I feel a need to give back to the TG community. I want to share my experiences, good and bad, that maybe someone else can find a way out of their gender dysphoria. I also attend a few TG group meetings to offer a voice of experience and moderation of what is possible versus unreasonable expectations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version