Author Topic: Colpectomy seperately or with phalloplasty?  (Read 538 times)

Offline November_Fox

Colpectomy seperately or with phalloplasty?
« on: March 11, 2020, 06:39:37 am »
Hi guys,

I need some help. Rather desperately.

I´ve been trying to get a date for hysto+colpectomy, but due to language barriers and other difficulties, it has been nearly impossible. So far it´s taken me a year and I don´t even have a date yet.

Is a colpectomy normally done at all - as part of the phalloplasty? I really want the downstairs area "finished", so to speak. If it is a normal part of phallo, then I can just get a normal hysto first and phallo later.

Thanks!
Rowan

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Re: Colpectomy seperately or with phalloplasty?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 09:40:16 am »
Rowan, I'd like to move this topic to the FTM Bottom Surgery subforum, I think it would be more appropriate there.

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army

Offline mm

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 10:46:23 am »
Rowan, many guys want their vagina gone; there are several methods to removing it. Many time it is removed in the first stage of phalloplasty as there is tissue that can be used.

Offline Arch

• The Boy from Venus
  • Elves be queer folk indeed.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 03:36:15 pm »
Hi. I have literally never heard of an FTM who had colpectomy along with hysto; everyone I know of had this procedure as part of bottom surgery.

Mind you, I'm not saying that you can't get the hole scraped out and closed up along with hysto, just that I haven't run across it yet, not that I remember.

I have gotten the impression that this procedure is not very common in women and that some sort of reconstruction is done. In trans guys, the whole idea is to close the hole as part of a bottom surgery arc. Many of us get hystos from surgeons who do not specialize in trans surgeries. I don't know whether regular surgeons have a lot of experience in closing the thing up; quite possibly, we don't get it closed because that is a trans-related procedure that is either not routinely practiced by regular surgeons or not covered by insurance.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter

Offline Ryuichi13

• Rhee-yoo-ee-chee (say it fast!)
  • Family
  • Tee, Tea or T? (^_~)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 03:50:10 pm »
Whoa, I had to google what a colpectomy was before I could even attempt to answer this question. (^_^); 

Honestly, I'm just starting bottom surgery research, so I have no idea of what the methods are for doing one.  Even then, I plan on keeping my front hole. 

Wish I could be more help.  :embarrassed:

Ryuichi
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Offline Arch

• The Boy from Venus
  • Elves be queer folk indeed.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 03:57:32 pm »
I should add that you can go to various trans surgery sites--by which I mean you can seek out sites run by surgeons who do this procedure--and see what kinds of arcs are routine. Vaginectomy is performed as part of a phallo or meta process all the time.

I had hysto a number of years ago and never even considered closing up the hole during that procedure. Of course, I experience a certain amount of distress and anxiety over what I still have down there, and I'm not alone; I can see why a guy would want to take care of it all in one go. But is it possible that doing so will make the phallo procedure more difficult or less successful? Something to think about.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter

Offline Ryuichi13

• Rhee-yoo-ee-chee (say it fast!)
  • Family
  • Tee, Tea or T? (^_~)
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 04:09:09 pm »
I should add that you can go to various trans surgery sites--by which I mean you can seek out sites run by surgeons who do this procedure--and see what kinds of arcs are routine. Vaginectomy is performed as part of a phallo or meta process all the time.

I had hysto a number of years ago and never even considered closing up the hole during that procedure. Of course, I experience a certain amount of distress and anxiety over what I still have down there, and I'm not alone; I can see why a guy would want to take care of it all in one go. But is it possible that doing so will make the phallo procedure more difficult or less successful? Something to think about.

I can see why a man would worry about it.  After all, you would still have to go have gyno visits to make sure that everything there is still working the way it should, even if you're not using it.  That in itself is something to be anxious about. *shudder*

I can also see why a man would want to get rid of something they're no longer using.  I think that, in your instance, the best thing would be to consult your surgeon to find out what their procedure is for doing a phallo.  It wouldn't be good for you to close up something that the surgeon might want to use skin from. 

Ryuichi
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Tags: