Author Topic: earrings?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline JennyTG

• Family
Re: earrings?
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 03:30:27 pm »
Thanks everyone for your encouragement.  I got them done yesterday, trying not to overthink things, so it was all very quick. But who knows if I will even be able to get my ears pierced  in the next week or two?

Hi madeleine, can you explain what you meant by that last sentence, you have me perplexed!  Are you getting more? ;D

Also did you have them done in a pharmacy or shopping mall?  Mine were done in a pharmacy.  If I recall right I just had one piercing initially in the left for many years but for some reason I had taken it out, left it too long and it closed up eventually.  Later on down the line, when I was leaning more towards TG, I couldn't wait to get both ears pierced again and so I did.  They take a little bit of maintenance and care but it's so worth it, they're a lot of fun and a very important part of my accessories collection.  Keep us up with your progress please :)

~Jenny~     

Offline Meghan

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 04:50:32 pm »
I am doing piercing by myself most of the time

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant

Offline madeleine

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 06:21:09 pm »
Hi madeleine, can you explain what you meant by that last sentence, you have me perplexed!  Are you getting more? ;D

Also did you have them done in a pharmacy or shopping mall?  Mine were done in a pharmacy.  If I recall right I just had one piercing initially in the left for many years but for some reason I had taken it out, left it too long and it closed up eventually.  Later on down the line, when I was leaning more towards TG, I couldn't wait to get both ears pierced again and so I did.  They take a little bit of maintenance and care but it's so worth it, they're a lot of fun and a very important part of my accessories collection.  Keep us up with your progress please :)

~Jenny~   

All I meant is that soon many places that do piercings will be closed because of covid, nothing mysterious!

I went to a tattoo place that was close by.  I did a little reading and piercing guns are supposed to be bad, so I hung out in a tattoo parlor for a while :)

They are tiny studs, which suits this phase of my life fine and they came with the piercing.  Not going to think about fun stuff yet ;)

Offline madeleine

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 06:21:45 pm »
I am doing piercing by myself most of the time

Not brave enough for that yet.

Offline Meghan

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 06:26:26 pm »
Not brave enough for that yet.
Isn't hurts that's bad and makes sure to sanitize your ear lobe and earrings to avoid infection

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 06:38:16 pm »
I did a little reading and piercing guns are supposed to be bad, so I hung out in a tattoo parlor for a while :)

Oh?  What's wrong with them?  Never had any issues.

Offline KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2020, 06:54:29 pm »
I love earrings!  Getting my ears pierced was one of the first femme things I did, when I was only out to my wife.

Two ears, absolutely!

I wear earrings all the time when I am not in bed.  I have a simple pair of silver studs that I wear all the time.  I started wearing them in guy mode, and no one commented at all.  But I love how feminine they look.  And of course, I wear dangly, sparkly earrings if I am going out.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2019-10-18 Phone consultation for GRS; 2020-03-11 GRS!

Offline madeleine

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2020, 07:33:49 pm »
JennyTG - I read that they cannot be truly sanitized and they can mess up your cartilage.  I'll be honest, I also wanted to look at the tattoos ;)

KathyLauren - No one has said anything yet, except my wife, and it took her a few hours to notice.

Offline Meghan

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2020, 08:27:33 pm »
JennyTG - I read that they cannot be truly sanitized and they can mess up your cartilage.  I'll be honest, I also wanted to look at the tattoos ;)

KathyLauren - No one has said anything yet, except my wife, and it took her a few hours to notice.
My earrings are all feminine and so far few ladies at work compliment on it.  My next project is to get shoulders tattoo

Offline AnneK

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2020, 10:31:28 pm »
Also did you have them done in a pharmacy or shopping mall?  Mine were done in a pharmacy.

Mine were done with a needle, by a friend who was helping me with my makeup.
I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Jessicajade

• Neighbor
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2020, 11:06:43 pm »
For now I only have the one pair, that I leave in basically full time (even when sleeping).
Possibly when more of my debt is gone I'll buy a nice pair of real diamond earrings. I'm not fond of most of the designs of the dangly ones, so I'll probably pass on them. There are some that extend up the ear which look pretty cool though. So maybe I'll get something like that eventually.

Offline madeleine

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2020, 06:25:07 pm »
My new ear holes are definitely infected  :icon_cry:  They are swollen and red and hurt.  I have been cleaning them with saline solution too.  Oh well.

Offline AnneK

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2020, 09:57:09 pm »
My new ear holes are definitely infected  :icon_cry:  They are swollen and red and hurt.  I have been cleaning them with saline solution too.  Oh well.

You can get some antibacterial soap that may help.  At least if it hasn't been cleaned out with the CV panic buying.  I used that from the start, when my ears were pierced.

I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Offline Jenny_Oh

• Friend
  • One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman - SdB
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2020, 11:32:45 pm »

Yes, it's very easy for that to happen, triple-antibiotic ointment is your friend here. You need to decide on the extent of the problem but first stop would be a warm compress, followed by trying to force saline through the hole while the earring is still in place. After that apply the ointment. If you cannot get relief by this you will need to remove the earring, flush the piercing, apply ointment and replace the earring. If it is too painful to replace it, leave it overnight and try again in the morning, otherwise you will need to return to the piercing store to help you.

Offline madeleine

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2020, 08:16:35 am »
Thank you AnneK and Jenny_Oh, good ideas. I have been using a saline solution, but what I was not doing was putting on a new pillow case (or something on the pillow case each day) apparently that helps too.  Thanks especially for the detailed instructions Jenny.

Offline madeleine

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2020, 08:29:28 pm »
The triple antibiotic got things somewhat under control, thanks Jenny_oh.  My earlobes hurt a lot less and are not so red and angry looking, however I still can't see the earings!  They are really tiny and they disappeared when the lobes were really swollen.  Will do something about that tomorrow.

Offline Jenny_Oh

• Friend
  • One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman - SdB
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2020, 09:12:23 pm »
The triple antibiotic got things somewhat under control, thanks Jenny_oh.  My earlobes hurt a lot less and are not so red and angry looking, however I still can't see the earings!  They are really tiny and they disappeared when the lobes were really swollen.  Will do something about that tomorrow.
Oh dear, I didn't realise the extent of the swelling. An oral antibiotic might be necessary if topical treatment doesn't get it under control in the next couple if days. Are you sure you don't have any metal sensitivity?

Offline madeleine

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2020, 08:03:58 am »
The swelling got worse after that first post, so there as no way you could no Jenny_oh.  I have no idea whether I have a metal sensitivity - this is the first time I've had anything pierced.  I'm thinking an oral antibiotic is going to be hard to get right now because of covid.  My plan today is try fix them so they can be seen, and if that does not work take them out and let things calm down for a day or so.

Offline AnneK

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2020, 09:39:36 am »
If you can get to a doctor, you should be able to get oral antibiotics.

Were you not told to clean the lobes properly, after getting pierced?  I was told to use that antibiotic soap I mentioned.

Offline madeleine

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2020, 10:53:21 am »
I did get instructions, AnneK, but they said to use saline solution (wound cleaner) to clean with.  It also said to use a clean pillow case each night, which I forgot to do but am doing now.

I can see the earrings now (I popped them out), and cleaned around the holes with salt water. If things don't improve by tomorrow, I'll try taking them out.

As far as a doctor, I feel like doctors should be free for more serious stuff in the middle of covid, but it just occurred to me  that I might try some telemedicine.

Tags: