Author Topic: earrings?  (Read 1099 times)

Offline freebird

Re: earrings?
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2020, 11:48:49 am »
I have two diamond studs in each ear. The lobe is slightly larger that the one on the top of it. I would prefer one stud on top and on the bottom a nice simple hoop but that is too much as I am still presenting as male most of the time and at work.

Offline madeleine

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2020, 12:15:22 pm »
Looking forward to hoops!

I'm adding how the earrings thing ended for me in case it helps someone.  My ears were not infected.  They were on way too tight.  I had absent mindedly tightened them one day, just fiddling with them and forgot about it.  WHY?  No idea.  WHen I remembered this, I loosened them and now they are fine. 

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2020, 12:35:12 pm »
Looking forward to hoops!

I'm adding how the earrings thing ended for me in case it helps someone.  My ears were not infected.  They were on way too tight.  I had absent mindedly tightened them one day, just fiddling with them and forgot about it.  WHY?  No idea.  WHen I remembered this, I loosened them and now they are fine.

@madeleine
Dear Madeleine:
Regarding earrings... there are so very many enticing styles to choose from....   hoops and danglies are my favorite but you have to be careful about getting them caught is something when wearing them.... especially with hoops. 

When I am doing "active" stuff I usually just go with plain or fancy stud of some kind.

Hugs,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2020, 05:50:09 pm »
I used to leave studs in for a long time when younger, weeks on end but recently I stopped doing it as it's uncomfortable in bed.  I've also got a lot faster putting them on, they used to be a hassle but not anymore :)

~Jenny~ 

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2020, 02:21:14 pm »
I love to wear diamond studs.  Well, they are not really diamonds.

Sometimes I have to constrain myself and NOT wear the large ones as they would not be right for the occasion.  It would be like they might be the focus of attention. I just like them to help make for a nice appearance.

Sometimes size does matter!

Chrissy

Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline jaysonderulo

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2020, 06:03:23 pm »
+1 on studs, -1 on tiny hoops,

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2020, 08:02:06 pm »
I'll be purchasing a multi chain-drop in gold with an emerald stone soon.  It's only costume jewelry (very cheap) but looks utterly fab.  Anyone own a pair in this style?  Will be my first like this.

~Jenny~

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2020, 11:47:35 am »
When I was a lot younger, I had three holes in the left ear, and one in the right.

When I enlisted, I obviously had to stop wearing them, but almost 20 years later, they actually never closed up.

So, I'm putting them back to use. :)
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2020, 10:36:11 pm »
When I was a lot younger, I had three holes in the left ear, and one in the right.

When I enlisted, I obviously had to stop wearing them, but almost 20 years later, they actually never closed up.

So, I'm putting them back to use. :)

That's AMAZING they never closed up after all that time.  I wouldn't trust mine after a year, let alone 20! :o   Anyways, have fun, I'm really starting to wear mine more reg, especially the pink CZ sparkle studs, they seem to work well. 

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2020, 02:50:25 pm »
That's AMAZING they never closed up after all that time.  I wouldn't trust mine after a year, let alone 20! :o   Anyways, have fun, I'm really starting to wear mine more reg, especially the pink CZ sparkle studs, they seem to work well.

I was surprised, too, but yeah, they're still open!

One thing I think that ironically helped, was that due to the high stress I previously had, I used to have really bad psoriasis outbreaks, and I think the dead skin would get trapped in the holes (a bit gross, but it kept them from closing, in retrospect).

But, I haven't had any more outbreaks since finally coming to peace with myself, so I had best get some earrings back on soon. :)

It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

Tags: