Author Topic: Covid19  (Read 7803 times)

Offline Susan

• Susan's Place Transgender Resources
Covid19
« on: March 14, 2020, 01:38:28 am »
I recommend in the strongest possible terms that members in the US ensure they have 1 to 1-1/2 months worth of supplies in their home. It is going to  be necessary very soon. Expect to discover what this is about in the next week to 10 days.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 03:03:24 am by Susan »
Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! You can also view the donor wall of fame.

Offline MistressStevie

• Neighbor
Re: Covid19
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 08:48:22 am »
That is a pretty strong recommendation.   

Six weeks of supplies is substantial undertaking in our increasingly just in time and limited inventory universe.   

I am increasingly skeptical that our system will survive this panic begetting more panic cascading that we have started.

So what is it that you know and expect to see happen next week that is greater than what we are seeing today?

Offline Susan

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 12:33:13 pm »
Lets put it this way I have heard from multiple sources, included a very trusted one who works in the 5 sided funny farm that the US is 1 week to 10 days from where Italy is now including the mandatory lock down. When it occurs expect it to be a month.
Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! You can also view the donor wall of fame.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 12:41:41 pm »
I also look to Italy as to what's coming for the US.

Offline MistressStevie

• Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 05:09:17 pm »
This will be a telling week in Post Covid19 Universe.   I no longer have enough understanding of relevant human behavior to hazard anything but wild guesses.   I watched people buy 50 pound bags of flour earlier today without yeast or baking powder on their cart.   Two of three local firearms stores had a lines longer than I have ever seen.  Toilet Paper has been vacant from shelves for a week. 

If the rate of estimated infections drops off--which I hope--and measures to date are shown to be effective, then we may find a Post Covid19 universe norm for a while.   If the rate of spreading infections is not perceived as declining or mitigated, then the next level is out of my ability to predict.  Those of us in infrastructure supplying professions are going to be backed into an ugly corner as 66% of what we do in my niche can be done remotely, the other 34% must have me mobile.   

An early summer may be a welcome blessing in many ways. 

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 05:27:15 pm »
Good afternoon.

I have never seen so much home related merchandise sold out online (and at store locations) from our nation’s largest retailers.  No, not plywood and emergency power generators, such as you often see before hurricanes.

This is not limited to toilet paper and hand sanitizer.  It is all kind of foods, snacks, and expendable home goods, such as paper towels.

Let us keep in our hearts, prayers, and caring behaviors all the people that are adversely impacted and may become so because of economic and other hardships and illnesses they and those close to them or who work with them or who worship with them may experience.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 05:57:09 pm »
Totally agree, Susan. The situation in Italy is exactly where the USA will be in 2-3 weeks. Still way too many people in the US not taking social isolation seriously enough, and so state and local governments are going to start shutting businesses down in the coming days and eventually limited stay-at-home orders will be put in place.

It's up to every single US citizen to decide whether thousands in the US are going to be killed or tens of thousands / hundreds of thousands are going to get killed. If you have any sort of elderly loved one, you're risking their lives every time you go out. Tons of photos today of bars packed with St Patrick's Day revelers - don't do that!  >:( Yes, go out for essentials, go out for a quiet walk in the park, but don't take needless trips and don't hang out in places where lots of other people are.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Susan

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 06:36:56 pm »
There are a lot of people being dismissive out there. I am hunkering down already, better safe than sorry. Darwin will have to  sort out the rest. So take precautions. I bought a box of rubber gloves and face masks right before I left for my surgery in 2017, I am so glad I kept them instead of getting rid of them.

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 06:48:08 pm »
I've gotten stocking up on stuff when it goes on sale, so I'm all set.  Enough pasta for fifty meals and an unopened 15 bag of rice ought to last me a while. Bought an extra hundred gloves at the end of last Amazon sale. Four gift boxes of summer sausage and cheese just for me.

Best of all, I learned to cook efficiently for one with minimal waste. ;D

Offline RandiL

• Call me Rayna. Formerly Randi
  • On the way
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 07:51:43 pm »
My wife and I love to cook together anyway, so we're not changing much. I did begin working from home on Tuesday, and we cancelled our volunteer work at the county jail. We are in the high risk group due to age, so are trying to lay low.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Rayna

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline AnneK

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 09:42:35 pm »
I have never seen so much home related merchandise sold out online (and at store locations) from our nation’s largest retailers.

What's worse are those who think this is an opportunity to make a quick buck.  There was a couple in Vancouver B.C., who decided to buy up all the sanitizing supplies they could get their hands on and sell them on Amazon, for a substantial markup.  Fortunately, Amazon shut them down.

<Pay-walled LINK not allowed>
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 02:41:10 pm by Northern Star Girl »
I'm a 67 year old AMAB who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Joelene9

• Astronomer
  • M-F Transsexual blossoming
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 10:47:08 pm »
It not so much as masks, sanitizers, TP, certain food items and the other things being hoarded. I am on a large club board and our two venues, colleges, has gone online through June. We had to cancel our public outreach, business and club meetings from these venues. We are looking at webinar lectures for the public meetings and teleconferencing for the business meetings. Our outdoor venue is open, but we locked out 2 of the buildings on that site with wipes available in the outhouse. We are posting that members keep their distance from each other and out of vehicles they did not come in to warm up when they are out there. Be safe!

Joelene

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 11:59:57 pm »
Vaccines typically take a year or more to develop, so I think we’re in this for the long haul. I don’t have much hope in our governments being able to stop it any other way.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 10:52:28 am »
I recommend in the strongest possible terms that members in the US ensure they have 1 to 1-1/2 months worth of supplies in their home. It is going to  be necessary very soon. Expect to discover what this is about in the next week to 10 days.

My shelves are now stocked, so thanks for the urging, Susan.

Offline Jenny_Oh

• Friend
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 01:34:03 pm »
I have never seen so much home related merchandise sold out online (and at store locations) from our nation’s largest retailers.  No, not plywood and emergency power generators, such as you often see before hurricanes.

This is not limited to toilet paper and hand sanitizer.  It is all kind of foods, snacks, and expendable home goods, such as paper towels.

I believe we have this guy (and other idiots like him) to thank for that.

Offline Susan

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 03:16:17 pm »
CDC is now suggesting that schools might be kept out until fall

School closures of 8 weeks or more may better mitigate coronavirus spread, CDC says

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/14/us/school-closures-cdc-long-term-trnd/index.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 04:29:29 pm »
I believe we have this guy (and other idiots like him) to thank for that.

Yeah, I read about him. The problem with being that guy is that he has to be that guy for the rest of his life because the Internet never forgets.

Janes Groove

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 10:48:33 pm »
When I was at Walmart today the ammo shelves were bare.
It's not just food people are hoarding.
The sight of all those empty ammo shelves was pure-D weird.
Stuff gettin' real.

Offline MistressStevie

• Neighbor
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2020, 11:23:44 pm »
New firearms sales in California are quite high also.  An LA Times headling on March 14, 2020 read:
"Liquor, marijuana and guns are also popular among corona virus hoarders."   Some of the reactions
are beginning to appear more troublesome than the disease. 

One day Covid19 will be largely historical and we will be trying to build an economy with the surviving
firms, capital, jobs and the like.    I will buying everything that I can locally through this crisis to do my
part in preserving or building some future. 

Offline MeTony

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 12:34:34 am »
I did the same thing as with H1N1. I caught it among the first ones. I’m at quarantine at home since 5 days.

Started out like a normal cold. Now I cough. My back and stomach aches from the coughing. Got instructions for when to call 112 (emergency number). Shortness of breath. 

I have not been tested. They don’t test people here anymore.

Tags: