Author Topic: Hello! from Astrid  (Read 203 times)

Offline AstridVikingadottir

• Visitor
Hello! from Astrid
« on: March 19, 2020, 10:52:59 pm »
I'd like to introduce myself.  I'm Astrid, AMAB, and I identify as non-binary.  I'm one of those folks who questioned my gender for many years, keep it under wraps, and waited until retirement 2 1/2 years ago to come out of the closet.  I'm SO glad I did -- it was a tremendous release of pent up anger, depression, and dysphoria.

A very positive experience was becoming very involved for six months on a campaign for transgender rights here in Massachusetts in 2018.  I met and worked with so many wonderful gender non-conforming people, as well as allies. These were people who understood where I was coming from and empathized with me.  Yay!

I've definitely made progress in these 2 1/2 years:  working with a gender therapist (together with my spouse), and learning to feel confident when shopping for more feminine clothing.  I've been doing electrolysis for 6 months now (and feel much better for it!), and finally -- at age 71 -- I began HRT in December 2019 and am very happy that I did.  More on my experiences with that later, perhaps.

My journey continues, and I'm looking forward to my steps ahead. 

Astrid

Offline Julie H

• Family
  • Formerly known as White Rabbit
Re: Hello! from Astrid
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 10:55:10 pm »
Hugs Welcome to Susan's
Julie

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 11:32:50 pm »
@AstridVikingadottir
Dear Astrid:
Thank you for following my LINK and suggestion that I gave to you in my Official Welcome Message a couple days ago and coming here to the Introductions Forum to tell us more about yourself... more members here on the Forums will be aware of your arrival and you can expect more give and take of comments and thought with others.

It is more than likely that you will even make some new friends here as you find other like-minded members.
Please, as you feel so inclined, continue to post and share in the various threads around the forums.

In my Welcome message a couple days ago I had included important and informative LINKS that describe the rules and Terms of Service here on the Forums... please be certain to look them over, lots of good information there that will help you to get the most out of your time here.

Again, WELCOME TO SUSAN'S PLACE,
HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 03:36:40 am »
Hi Astrid,

Welcome!  Great to hear you have come out of the closet!  Mine are stuffed with women's clothes!

Marion

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 08:07:01 am »
Hello Astrid.
Thank you for introducing yourself.
Glad that helping others is helping you too!
Welcome

Tags: Non-binary