Author Topic: The sole slob?  (Read 249 times)

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
The sole slob?
« on: March 20, 2020, 09:37:36 am »
I often poke fun at my extremely limited wardrobe. It's shorts and tanks in the summer and sweats in the winter, all spotted with stains. I sometimes wonder if I'm the only slob who posts at Susans.

Do I have any sartorial kin here?

Offline Mills

• dOn'T pAnIc! when in a dress
Re: The sole slob?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 10:45:47 am »
"Stains" oh you lucky lucky  <not allowed>  , my fave Summer cut off's not only have stains but holes and rips where I stick long handled tools into my   butt cheek pockets,   they're so bad you can hardly see the embroidered daisy on the left leg, I'm not going to even mention the state the t-shirts are in, I'll probably throw them out when my undies start showing through or a colleague complains! whichever comes first.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 11:18:23 am by Northern Star Girl »
I'm Quiet, Shy and permanently confused, shout at me if you want!

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 10:47:51 am »
Ahhh, a Slob Sister!

Offline Mills

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 11:22:29 am »
You bet.

Oh No I was " moderated" lol

Offline Pammie

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 12:15:05 pm »
Ahhh, a Slob Sister!
I’m going to confidently suggest you two are in a very small minority as it’s (I speak only for MTF as that’s all I know) a very trans woman thing to want to look as good as possible - rips and stains are a horrible concept for me!

I opened the door and the light shone in

Offline Mills

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 12:26:38 pm »
I was once told by a colleague that if I was "a real girl" instead of just dressing like one!!!, I'd be a Tomboy, I took it as a compliment.

Offline Erika_

• Friend
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 12:41:39 pm »
I’m going to confidently suggest you two are in a very small minority as it’s (I speak only for MTF as that’s all I know) a very trans woman thing to want to look as good as possible - rips and stains are a horrible concept for me!

I can absolutely say that I wouldn't dare go outside in ripped or stained clothes, I wasted too many years in hand-me-downs and I won't waste any more.

Offline Mills

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 12:52:23 pm »
In my defence although I really don't mind being labelled a "slob" I do have many extremely FABULOUS dresses, tops, skirts, shoes and undies, it's just that I do a reasonably dirty job for a living so my Best Karen Millen fit & flare lbd simply wont work, so stinky cut off's and tee's it is, and they are very very stinky sometimes I remember to bring them home for a boil wash.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 12:55:05 pm »
My personal view for me on this subject  is that I live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone else ... and most townspeople know me.
I am a CPA, I do tax work and financial advising for local businesses and private clients,
at work when in my office I make a point of dressing respectfully and not wearing the excessive skin baring and possibly questionable clothing...

... take at look at my current Avatar/Profile picture, that is me in my office and the is the way I usually dress and appear....

...and because it is a small town where everyone knows me and my business, I don't want them to ever find me around town on my days off in anything that would lessen the respect that I have worked hard for and earned.  I try to fly under the radar and fit in with the woman that I have worked hard to be. 

Just imagine finding your financial professional or any other professional that you deal with in ripped and stained clothing and clothing that can give a questionable appearance....
... and just for me, all of this also means no excessive and gaudy makeup, weird hair colors, obvious tatoos, etc...  perhaps in a different environment and job field some might find that to be acceptable.

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Mills

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 01:05:38 pm »
Danielle

If I did your job there's no way I wouldn't be dressed like Krystle Carrington all day every day.

I tell you what once the local cycling community clean their bikes before dropping them off instead of as they usually do covered in mud, dog, sheep, cow and other types of droppings, I'll up the ante clothes wise at my end.

Mills

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 01:17:00 pm »
Danielle, I understand wearing what's expected. When I taught first grade, I wore jean jumpers. When I lectured, I wore tailored, black blazers. However, I'm mostly retired and when I work, it's from home, so no uniform is required. My clothing gets stained because I'm a gardener, so I am attuned to beauty and color, but not just on me. I also appreciate snazzy dressers and often tell dapper strangers that I like their choices, which they always appreciate.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 01:19:24 pm »

Party of two? Party of two?

Offline Pammie

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 01:22:25 pm »
Party of two? Party of two?
Table at the very back, in the shadows

Offline Mills

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2020, 01:28:10 pm »
Mills doesn't mind a party of two, she's happy anywhere, and shadows are where the fun happens.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2020, 01:50:21 pm »
Mills doesn't mind a party of two, she's happy anywhere, and shadows are where the fun happens.

Table for two in the shadows? Cool! However, we'll need a much larger table, for Lenny Bruce, Thomas Paine, John Coltrane, Jean-Paul Sartre, and others will be joining us.

Offline Mills

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 01:57:50 pm »
Didn't Jean-Paul Satre say "hell was other people", he's going to bring the fun to an end I would have thought, so I'm introducing a NO existentialist's rule to any party that Mills goes to.

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 01:59:29 pm »
I ditch anything with a food stain on it. No sense admitting that I have an eating problem.  :laugh:
Veteran, US Army

Offline Pammie

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 02:01:54 pm »
Didn't Jean-Paul Satre say "hell was other people", he's going to bring the fun to an end I would have thought, so I'm introducing a NO existentialist's rule to any party that Mills goes to.
Good call re existentialists - they r no fun

Offline Mills

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2020, 02:07:34 pm »
I ditch anything with a food stain on it. No sense admitting that I have an eating problem.  :laugh:
If I did that I'd spend my life naked.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 02:20:27 pm »

Sartre also wrote a lot about being your authentic self, so he stays and if you still say you're gonna leave, I'm gonna treat you like you're shoeless as well as stained, "Say it ain't so, doe."

Anyway, just sit by Lenny! George Carlin will be there too, so sit between those two and let Sartre sulk.

Tags: