Author Topic: Just made my first step towards transition  (Read 6212 times)

Offline ssjErika33

Re: Just made my first step towards transition
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2022, 07:35:28 pm »
It’s done. Took the Spiro and dissolved the estradiol. I’m still shaky and nervous right now. But I guess we’ll see how it goes.

Day 1 is here.

Erika

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2022, 07:42:17 pm »
Congrats on taking that first step Erika!

I was in your shoes five years ago. I understand the fear of the uncertain future you are facing. As others have said, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Over the next few weeks and months you should slowly begin to realize whether or not this is the right path. Follow your doctor's instructions, let them know if you experience any unexpected side-effects, and ask all the questions you want. Everything will be fine.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline Courtney G

• Faceapp version of me in profile pic...
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2022, 08:10:47 pm »
Congratulations, Erika. Conquering your fears and moving forward with this took a lot of bravery. You have options now. I was terrified and thrilled at the same time when I started three months ago. I'm still not sure where I'm going, but at least there are choices available to me - it's much better than the loop of guilt and desire I'd locked myself into.

I wish you the best. Please keep us updated.

Offline TXSara

• Family
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2022, 08:32:16 pm »
Congratulations, Erika!

If you're anything like me, you'll be a blubbering baby over the next month or so.  Enjoy it!

~Sara

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2022, 09:14:08 pm »
Only thing I notice is I feel a bit tired and lightheaded, since about an hour after I took it. Is that normal or am I just having some anxiety?

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2022, 09:30:04 pm »
Only thing I notice is I feel a bit tired and lightheaded, since about an hour after I took it. Is that normal or am I just having some anxiety?
@ssjErika33
Dear Erika:
Based on my own personal experience (and be aware of the fact that I am not a Doctor)  I am
thinking that in just an hour that it is way too soon with just the very first dose for you to
physically feel the way that you stated. 
In my opinion it is probably your anxiety and excitement about starting your HRT regimen.
Obviously if things get to the point that concerns you more, you need to contact your Doctor.

Your followers including myself are very excited for you that you have taken the first
big (medical) step in your transition journey.

Thank you for sharing and please keep me and the rest of your avid followers updated
as you feel comfortable doing.

Many HUGS and best wishes to you.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2022, 09:40:28 pm »
@ssjErika33
Dear Erika:
Based on my own personal experience (and be aware of the fact that I am not a Doctor)  I am
thinking that in just an hour that it is way too soon with just the very first dose for you to
physically feel the way that you stated. 
In my opinion it is probably your anxiety and excitement about starting your HRT regimen.
Obviously if things get to the point that concerns you more, you need to contact your Doctor.

Your followers including myself are very excited for you that you have taken the first
big (medical) step in your transition journey.

Thank you for sharing and please keep me and the rest of your avid followers updated
as you feel comfortable doing.

Many HUGS and best wishes to you.
Danielle

Absolutely! I plan on keeping regular updates here like a diary.

Offline Rakel

• rah KEL
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2022, 06:04:45 am »

This side effect can happen with Spironolactone, but I have never heard of this happening with Estradiol.

In addition to being a Testosterone blocker, Spironolactone is a diuretic, that is, it helps remove water from your blood system via the kidneys. This alone can cause the lightheaded and tired feelings.

If you are still having the side effects, I suggest drinking water and/or starting your HRT regimen with a lower dose, at least until you get accustomed to the side effects.

Keep in mind that some people never tolerate the side effects of Spironolactone. If this happens, then your doctor may consider using a different Testosterone blocker or even none at all. Many people have successfully transitioned on Estrogens alone.

Take care  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2022, 01:28:40 pm »
This side effect can happen with Spironolactone, but I have never heard of this happening with Estradiol.

In addition to being a Testosterone blocker, Spironolactone is a diuretic, that is, it helps remove water from your blood system via the kidneys. This alone can cause the lightheaded and tired feelings.

If you are still having the side effects, I suggest drinking water and/or starting your HRT regimen with a lower dose, at least until you get accustomed to the side effects.

Keep in mind that some people never tolerate the side effects of Spironolactone. If this happens, then your doctor may consider using a different Testosterone blocker or even none at all. Many people have successfully transitioned on Estrogens alone.

Take care  :-*

Yeah, my doctor said if I’m urinating too much with the Spiro I can break it in half instead. Also someone from a trans discord server I’m on just started HRT and experienced the same tiredness and feeling out of it for a few days until she adjusted to it.

Drinking water did help some too, so I’m going to give it a few days. I do feel more calm today after the initial anxiety I had last night.

Erika

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2022, 06:47:26 pm »
It’s about time for day 3’s dose. I’m still feeling kind of out of it and my stomach has been upset a lot, especially after I eat.

On a more positive note, I do keep feeling a slight tingling around my nipples, could just be coincidence though.

Erika

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2022, 07:57:14 pm »
Although spironolactone never bothered me (other than extra bathroom trips), some people do seem to experience more side-effects than others. Make sure you tell your doctor / endocrinologist about any issues you're having. As Rakel mentioned, stay hydrated. Something like pedialyte may also help replace any electrolyte loss caused by extra trips to the bathroom. Hopefully things will start to smooth out soon for you.

Nipple sensitivity will at times be off the charts. Simply brushing them on a door can be quite painful. The hypersensitivity will eventually fade. Until then, try wearing a camisole, tank, or tee under your shirts to add a little protection.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2022, 11:34:06 pm »
Just over a week update:

I’m finally not feeling ill all the time. I’m still having some anxiety about starting and fears, but at least I’m no longer feeling sick.

The only thing I’ve maybe noticed is a bit of a mental shift. When I see a woman I’m not hyper focused on wanting to be her now, just extra attraction towards them. Maybe I’m already feeling a bit more comfortable with myself?

Erika

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2022, 04:23:42 am »
Just over a week update:

I’m finally not feeling ill all the time. I’m still having some anxiety about starting and fears, but at least I’m no longer feeling sick.

The only thing I’ve maybe noticed is a bit of a mental shift. When I see a woman I’m not hyper focused on wanting to be her now, just extra attraction towards them. Maybe I’m already feeling a bit more comfortable with myself?

Erika

Erika, if it's anything like my first week was (which was in November of 2020, I could sum it up to the fact that now more of you is able to experience life more.  And, that is absolutely wonderful. :)
-Vivian
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2022, 01:14:48 pm »
27 days in now.

All of the anxiety and whatnot went away, now I'm just fatigued at times, so that's been better. But unfortunately I had to discontinue my T blocker due to a side effect I was having. My doctor took me off of it. It definitely feels like the tiny changes I had noticed (slightly puffier nipples, tingling around the nipples) has come to a stand still now that I've been off the one med for about a week. Hopefully its just a slow down because I know changes are going to be slow anyway. I know its still possible to transition without it, but I know it would help.

Other than that, its just a waiting game.

Erika

Tags: