Author Topic: Just made my first step towards transition  (Read 1023 times)

Offline MoniqueChris

• Visitor
Re: Just made my first step towards transition
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2020, 09:47:04 am »
I am so proud of you, you can do it!

Offline Susannah

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 08:57:01 pm »
Erika, it seems lime you have taken more than the first step now. Now only if I can get my courage up to set up an appointment....

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2020, 04:00:55 pm »
Susannah, believe me I understand. It took me months to finally call, and I had gotten as close as typing in the number but couldn’t hit the call button. You’ll get there in your own time.

Erika

Offline Susannah

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 07:34:00 am »
Susannah, believe me I understand. It took me months to finally call, and I had gotten as close as typing in the number but couldn’t hit the call button. You’ll get there in your own time.

Erika

Thank you.  I think it is inevitable. The thought of transitioning is so seductive now even though it will cost me a lot I feel.  If I were in my teens or twenties, there is no doubt I would have transitioned already.

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2020, 01:59:48 am »
Erika / Susannah:

You guys are awesome!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! One foot forward at a time!

Keep in touch! We are starting about the same time and could use mutually support!

Hugs!

Holly

Offline ssjErika33

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2020, 04:05:07 pm »
7/22/20 update

Today I am finally at our local LGBTQ center to finally talk to others. Looks like not many people here so I’ll just be talking to the person that runs it. Kind of nervous about it.

Almost the end of July and still no call from the doctor office to schedule me an appointment. Hopefully soon, I’m kind of feeling impatient lol.

Still no luck on getting my own place. Everything seems to be full right now, lot of waiting lists for apartments right now. But I did get lucky last week with no one home where I live so I got to have some fun with some clothes, hair accessories and lip stick.

Nothing major going on but felt like doing an update lol

Erika

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2020, 04:13:51 pm »
Good to hear from you!
Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2020, 08:05:13 pm »
Erika, it's really hard at first, but it does get easier. Once you know the path you need to take, it can seem like everything goes in slow motion. Eventually you will pick up speed, and a few years from now you will look back and think 'why did I wait so long, it wasn't that bad.' It's a bit like removing a band-aid, do it slow to reduce but prolong the pain, or just rip it off and get back to work. As far as friends, expect to lose an acquaintance or two, true friends will stay by your side. I wish you all the best.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out - Jessica Rose
GCS Thread - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019 - Jessica_Rose
GCS II and FFS Thread - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019 - Jessica_Rose
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS Dr. Ley / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS Dr. Ley

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust. -- Jessica Rose

Tags: