Author Topic: I had a revelation  (Read 306 times)

Offline Magnolia88

• Friend
I had a revelation
« on: April 03, 2020, 01:41:33 am »
During this quarantine, I’ve been listening to a lot of the music I grew up with and I felt my soul come alive again. I realized the reason I gravitated towards these songs is because they brought out my inner female spirit. I realized that feeling is what life is supposed to feel like. I’ve been dead inside for so long having to be someone I’m not, almost like a zombie. Now I know why. If I ever had any doubts about my gender dysphoria before, I never will again. I’m so glad I’m finally in a position to start my transition so I never have to feel that way again.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: I had a revelation
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 03:21:59 am »
Music is food for the soul whatever sort you like , I have to have music on all the time even if its just background .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 04:53:02 am »
That is great news!  The real you went into hiding and has finally re-emerged!

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 07:14:48 am »
Curious what songs brought you to revelation?

Offline Magnolia88

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 03:17:27 pm »
Curious what songs brought you to revelation?

It was a plethora of pop songs mostly from the 2000’s. Some of which I had forgot existed. I spent hours singing along and remembering how good and feminine they made me feel and that’s when it clicked. That’s the feeling your supposed to have when you wake in the morning. I was living with that emptiness this whole time and didn’t even realize it. I noticed a number of songs were specifically from an age I would have been entering womanhood if I were cis which is why they had such an impact on me.

Offline Magnolia88

• Friend
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 03:20:13 pm »
That is great news!  The real you went into hiding and has finally re-emerged!

Thank you. It’s almost like I could literally feel the girl in me crawl out of the cave she had been hiding in for about a decade. It felt so liberating. It’s crazy how something so simple could bring her back.

Tags: