Author Topic: Unique Opportunity for Crossdressing - COVID  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
Re: Unique Opportunity for Crossdressing - COVID
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2020, 07:44:03 am »
Making a face mask from an old bra can be uplifting.  ::)

Ha!

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2020, 10:40:47 am »

BTW, I am wondering about the purposes of your visits to East Asia. I usually travel abroad for scientific meetings.

barbie~~
My brother's wife is Japanese, so we visited there a number of times.

Now our son is just finishing a 5 year postdoc as a geophysicist in Singapore. So we've visited there, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia as tourists and scuba divers. Haven't made it to Korea yet...

Randy

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

Offline madeleine

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2020, 10:46:57 am »
Janes Groove +++++ for creativity. I'm still scared to do this, but I love your idea!

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2020, 01:47:11 pm »
Now our son is just finishing a 5 year postdoc as a geophysicist in Singapore. So we've visited there, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia as tourists and scuba divers. Haven't made it to Korea yet...

Strangely, I have never been to Southeast Asia, although I had a few chances. For this reason, I accepted an invitation as a speaker for a conference at Da Nang without hesitation, but again it was canceled due to the coronavirus.

I heard that the CV cases are again increasing in Singapore, shutting down schools and businesses. The number of cases there already exceeds that of S. Korea, but I guess they will manage to decrease it again.

Japan looks very worrisome now. The responses of the Japanese government have puzzled me several times.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Mills

• dOn'T pAnIc! when in a dress
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2020, 08:58:59 am »
Apparently some women are making COVID masks out of old bras.
Personally, that seems a little over the top for me.

I saw the photo and an idea formed in my mind, when I asked my wife if she had any "spare bras" she asked why & I showed her, she said NO, and I'm not allowed to buy a bra to do it with either.

Mills
I'm Quiet, Shy and permanently confused, shout at me if you want!

Offline madeleine

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2020, 07:02:51 pm »
I saw the photo and an idea formed in my mind, when I asked my wife if she had any "spare bras" she asked why & I showed her, she said NO, and I'm not allowed to buy a bra to do it with either.

Mills

I think it's quite pretty, Mills.  Maybe you should make one anyway.  >:-)

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2020, 07:16:16 pm »
Unless one has an old or wrong size bra, it can be expensive to use a good bra to make a face mask or two.

Pretty, yes.   :)  :)

Chrissy

Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2020, 08:58:21 pm »
Unless one has an old or wrong size bra, it can be expensive to use a good bra to make a face mask or two.

Chrissy
Or even a bad bra

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2020, 06:10:48 am »

Chrissy

If you use all the fabric, you can get two masks from one bra.  :D

This might help mitigate the cost somewhat.  ::)

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Mills

• dOn'T pAnIc! when in a dress
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2020, 03:27:45 am »
I wonder if going out to buy a bra to make a face mask is a good enough reason to go clothes shopping?.

I'm saying yes!

Mills
I'm Quiet, Shy and permanently confused, shout at me if you want!

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 11:35:18 pm »
I wonder if going out to buy a bra to make a face mask is a good enough reason to go clothes shopping?.

I'm saying yes!

Mills
Yes and you don't even have to brave the dressing room to try it on

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Offline Wendi

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2020, 08:56:00 pm »
Making a face mask from an old bra can be uplifting.  ::)
Especially if it has an underwire.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2020, 10:20:41 pm »
I suspect that we will have a long time to wear masks. Realistically, a vaccine, if one can be produced, is years away. I know there is human testing being done, but that has been reported almost from day 1. Otherwise, we are waiting on herd immunity, which needs about 80% of humanity to become infected. Currently about 5.5 million people have been infected, representing .07% of humanity. What we are seeing now is closer to what the new normal is going to be like. Face masks, whether you consider them good or bad or practical, are here to stay. I wonder how long before men's/women's mask appear and when Victoria's Secret has some?

Online mac1

• Would like to be able to pass and live as a girl.
  • Family
  • Don't have any use or desire for those male parts.
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2020, 09:57:58 pm »
..................… Since everybody is going around wearing masks you have the opportunity to go out and try crossdressing in public and nobody will know about it.  You will just look like another woman with a mask.  ..............Just a reminder in case any of you crossdressers have not considered this.
Had not thought of that but will not result in a fair trial until I am able to go where there is female only facilities: restrooms, changing rooms, exercise clubs, etc.
?

Offline Stevenator

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2020, 12:27:36 am »
The wife and I were getting cabin fever bad like everyone else and unexpectedly our beloved 2 y/o cat died. With the cloud of grief hanging over us so hard, out vacation had already been canceled, when Florida opened up the other day, we took off for the beach. While I did pack my bras and panties, I brought more (purple rain skirts) hiking kilts than shorts. I brought two skirts, two kilts and one pair of shorts. It’s been heavenly going about in my kilts (that look identical to a tennis skirt). While I think I only got one strange look in the past week, it’s been incredibly liberating wearing them out wherever I go. Also I ordered a pair of unisex holy land sandals that I thought were super cute. Only to find out they’re actually women’s. Haha. The wife is meeting up with an old friend tomorrow and I’m headed for the goodwill store. I’m looking fwd to that. While I’ve worn skirts at home for over five years, this purple rain hiking kilt has given me loads of confidence. One neat thing about it is that it has snaps to convert to shorts, in a snap! if you feel the need to switch from CD to male mode. I’ve looked at 100s of kilts over the years and 99.999% of them over compensate for being manly. The purple rain kilt looks like a skirt. It’s lightweight and does convert to shorts. I love the ones I own and highly recommend them if anyone is like me, love to CD, but slightly nervous about doing it in public. I just started HRT after four + years on herbs. I doubt I’ll ever fully socially transition any time soon, so I can’t say enough about how much I love this kilt skirt that converts to shorts. Check it out if this interests you. And happy CD-ing! <3

Offline graspthesanity

• Friend
    • graspthesanity writing blog
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2020, 10:17:15 am »
I'm a trans guy who enjoys crossdressing once in a while, because I feel it like an extension of my identity. I had already done some before COVID, but now I'm freer to wear more feminine clothing and it's pretty cool that it's going good.

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2020, 10:55:57 pm »
I'm a trans guy who enjoys crossdressing once in a while, because I feel it like an extension of my identity. I had already done some before COVID, but now I'm freer to wear more feminine clothing and it's pretty cool that it's going good.

Yes. The SARS-COV2 can do some favorite for some people.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline SueNZ

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2020, 05:10:40 am »
I agree Barbie, from lemons you get lemonade. This lockdown depending on your country has given opportunities if you look outside the square.
Stay safe people and enjoy your options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FlatsLover92

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2020, 04:35:47 pm »
Excluding underdressing. I have only done this with shoes, now ive worn them a many times in public. Skirt  once briefly and hand bag a few times. One new item regularly every 1 -3 weeks until its more normal. Womens shirts/ skinny jeans soon. Then maybe some new handbags after that. I only wanted shoes just as bit of fun a few months now i dont want to stop 😂

Offline mm

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2020, 11:32:00 am »
Stevenator, I hope enjoy life as a girl even more as you get the effect of the hormones, glad your wife is with you during this change.

Tags: