Author Topic: Does anyone here like to wear skorts?  (Read 429 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Does anyone here like to wear skorts?
« on: April 11, 2020, 08:12:56 pm »

I really like them.  :)

Chrissy
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
Re: Does anyone here like to wear skorts?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 08:24:46 pm »
Me too! It keeps my thighs from rubbing together!

- Stephanie
Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/11/2019 * Name and Gender Change on Birth Certificate 11/21/2019 * Accepted Internally That Transition is Completed 11/28/2019

Offline TonyaW

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 08:29:00 pm »
Generally no. But they are useful for golfing. 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 09:06:32 pm »
Yes, yes and yes again.  8)

Skorts are my favorite summer dress up just a little bit (pun intended :D) thing to wear.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 08:04:38 am »
Only for tennis. Tennis skorts are way too revealing for me anywhere other than the tennis court. But I think they are cute for the tennis court. And almost all serious womens tennis players, even at the recreational level, choose skorts over shorts. So, gotta wear skorts to fit in.

I guess golf skorts are longer. Even then, it's a little too much leg for me outside the sporting context. But most golf skorts tend to be really boring. More function over fashion.

Sarah
----
47 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 08:16:44 am »

I really like them.  :)

Chrissy

Here in S. Korea, they are popular among young girls, and we call them pant skirts. I have some, but I seldom wear them as they are too tight. I like loose ones.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 05:55:33 pm »
Here in S. Korea, they are popular among young girls, and we call them pant skirts. I have some, but I seldom wear them as they are too tight. I like loose ones.

barbie~~

It is a nice look on you, at least to occasionally have.  Comfort is important.
Mine are longer, the inseam for the shorts underneath are about five inches.
The shorter inseams I leave up for those with perfect legs to enjoy wearing.

Chrissy

Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Pammie

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 04:25:19 am »
Yes, yes and yes again.  8)

Skorts are my favorite summer dress up just a little bit (pun intended :D) thing to wear.
I love skorts, as i’m pre-op they give me security

I opened the door and the light shone in

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 04:34:04 pm »
I wore a new one yesterday.  I was out for a short trip to one store and only talked with one person.  I think everyone was focused on masks and gloves than anything else and they likely wanted to get what they had to get then go straight home for sure.  Most other women were wearing pants as it was not that warm yesterday.  I had athletic shoes on, but that is okay with skorts, as it depends on what you are doing at the time.

Chrissy

Offline Pammie

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 04:50:41 pm »
I wore a new one yesterday.  I was out for a short trip to one store and only talked with one person.  I think everyone was focused on masks and gloves than anything else and they likely wanted to get what they had to get then go straight home for sure.  Most other women were wearing pants as it was not that warm yesterday.  I had athletic shoes on, but that is okay with skorts, as it depends on what you are doing at the time.

Chrissy
Sounds like a nice look! You should send us a pic next time hun! xx

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 01:09:30 pm »
It is a nice look on you, at least to occasionally have.  Comfort is important.
Mine are longer, the inseam for the shorts underneath are about five inches.
The shorter inseams I leave up for those with perfect legs to enjoy wearing.

Chrissy

Thanks.
I have a bunch of them, and a few of them are longer ones. Here, the sizes are too small, and I usually wear size XL. Sometimes I cut the center of the panty part with scissors to make it a miniskirt which is comfier.

Some for juniors and teenagers.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Carla68

• Friend
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 04:50:47 pm »
I have a pair I use for pole dancing if I'm doing lots of spins and floorwork in a routine usually without inverts

also when i want to show a little less skin

Carla
Carla

Offline Dayle1957

• I am a girl, I have always been a girl
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 04:56:37 pm »
I've wanted to wear tennis skorts since... forever!  It would make me want to take up tennis, bad shoulder and all!

Meanwhile I just wear my women's running shorts on my trips around the neighborhood!

Offline Pammie

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 04:58:49 pm »
I've wanted to wear tennis skorts since... forever!  It would make me want to take up tennis, bad shoulder and all!

Meanwhile I just wear my women's running shorts on my trips around the neighborhood!
I have to confess I’d wanted to wear a tennis dress for many years and it was one of the first things I bought!

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2020, 06:00:23 pm »
I totally get that!  They are so cute!!

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 06:58:04 pm »
As a pretty serious tennis player, I have to admit that I am very much looking forward to the cute outfits. But I do have to figure out that thing where you put the extra ball underneath the skirt part of the skort. I understand that the stretchiness of the skirt holds the ball in there. But it still seems a little weird sticking your arm up your skirt regularly. It could take a few outings to finally learn how to pull a ball out gracefully!

Sarah
----
47 years young.
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)

Offline madeleine

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 08:51:16 pm »
I will die if I play tennis. Literally die of bad knees and hips.  But...I love the look of women's tennis dresses and tennis skirts.  *sigh*  Maybe it will be worth it.

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 09:06:54 pm »
TOTALLY worth it!  I might have to start shopping now. 

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 09:30:42 pm »
Huge deals on tennis wear right now...spring is usually a big time for people buying tennis gear, but this year no one is buying (obviously). So the sales are coming fast and furious.

Sarah
----
47 years young.

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2020, 10:02:33 pm »
Here I am in one of my favorite outfits, sleeveless top and white skort, in Haarlem Netherlands last June.

- Stephanie
Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/11/2019 * Name and Gender Change on Birth Certificate 11/21/2019 * Accepted Internally That Transition is Completed 11/28/2019

Tags: