Author Topic: Finally expressing myself through fashion.  (Read 164 times)

Offline RobinM.R.

• Neighbor
Finally expressing myself through fashion.
« on: April 12, 2020, 03:30:50 pm »
I'm just posting to express my excitement to wear womens clothes. I have always been jealous of well dressed and stylish women. This might sound strange (or even stupid) but I feel it has kept me out of jobs. I feel awkward wearing shirts and ties and dress slacks. I actually refuse to wear suits. Having to dress the part throws me off. I dont wear ties anymore, I dont see the point. I'm beginning my transition step by step.

When I see women in their professional attire, they express themselves more than their male peers. I'm jealous of them, envious even. I'm still putting on the male cisgender front. I'm not ready to wear women's clothes just yet. But I am getting excited by thinking about it.

I'm 31 and I'm looking at how women my age dress and I'm so excited. I'm 6'2 waigh 270 lbs. I'm pushing myself harder to loss weight so I don't feel so damn awkward when I finally dress up. All I wear right now are Jean's t-shirts and hoodies. I can't wait to start expressing myself more, but I'm taking my time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline JennyTG

• Family
Re: Finally expressing myself through fashion.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 04:22:05 pm »
Wonderful, good for you, I know exactly what you mean.  I wish I had that much clarity when I was in my 30s, I was in so much conflict.  Be great to see your progress on here, take your time.

~Jenny~

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 10:01:14 pm »
Robin, I'm so happy to hear that you want to take your time! Many MTFs want to transition fast and this process is a slow one. Sometimes people who transition wind up being thrust into womanhood too quickly and their minds have a hard time adjusting to the new normal.

Since you started at a nice young age you have a lifetime of happiness waiting on you. Enjoy the ability to present male while you have it. One day you're going to lose that ability and you'll find yourself in a situation where you have only 1 choice: be female. It definitely takes some getting used to.

Happy transition. Wishing you a wonderful journey,

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman, time for a change....
2-22-2019 Started HRT
8-9-2019 Legal Name Change
8-14-2019 New Drivers License issued with correct gender
9-5-2019 Social Security card updated
10-12-2019 Birth certificate updated
2-22-2020 One year HRT

Offline RobinM.R.

• Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 06:04:53 pm »
Wonderful, good for you, I know exactly what you mean.  I wish I had that much clarity when I was in my 30s, I was in so much conflict.  Be great to see your progress on here, take your time.

~Jenny~
Thank you

Offline RobinM.R.

• Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 06:05:38 pm »
Robin, I'm so happy to hear that you want to take your time! Many MTFs want to transition fast and this process is a slow one. Sometimes people who transition wind up being thrust into womanhood too quickly and their minds have a hard time adjusting to the new normal.

Since you started at a nice young age you have a lifetime of happiness waiting on you. Enjoy the ability to present male while you have it. One day you're going to lose that ability and you'll find yourself in a situation where you have only 1 choice: be female. It definitely takes some getting used to.

Happy transition. Wishing you a wonderful journey,

Sophia
Thank you. I definitely want to take my time, or at least do things at my own pace.

Tags: