General Discussions > Health

We have reached the peak of infections in Spain!

(1/1)

Idontknowbutiwould:
This is a message of hope for many of you, Americans or Britons or from any part of the world who are in these forums. The Minister of my country has finally said that we have reached the peak and the objective now is to bend the curve. I hope it is true, because if it is so in a couple of months we will be able to recover normality here, and successively the other countries. We have had a very bad period, many deaths, but apparently we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in my country. I encourage everyone, in these times of confinement Susans has helped me a lot

SueNZ:
We are very lucky in New Zealand where we are an isolated island and closed our borders early. We are also in total lockdown and the majority are behaving. Our cases are growing but at a manageable level. We have only had 8 deaths and these are all over 70 years of age (very sad our mentors are bearing the brunt).
We are following other countries like yours and hope to minimise the impact. This is not an easy road, but it’s world war 3 and we will go on.
I agree that these online platforms are a must for mental stability and solace, especially Susan’s.
May you all stay safe our hearts and thoughts are with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbie:
I am not so much optimistic. Some people say we can not return to a pre-COVID period without a vaccine. The Spanish flu in 1918 tells that the 2nd and 3rd wave of the outbreak are possible with severer fatality. (I know that 'Spanish' was a wrong name, as only newspapers in Spain were allowed to publish on the flu in Europe during the WWI.)

Here in South Korea, today is the parliamentary election day, but I already voted 5 days ago in advance.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/13/asia/elections-coronavirus-pandemic-intl-hnk/index.html

Most people here are still vigilant.

barbie~~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version