Author Topic: Physical figure  (Read 1928 times)

Offline TheNaylornator

• Visitor
Physical figure
« on: April 19, 2020, 05:31:56 am »
Hi!

So I’m quite a ‘big bloke’ I’ve got quite a big physical figure, I’m 6”2 and all though I’m quite average on my weight, my figure is big.

For example, when standing next to some other guys I’m quite big.

And I just wondered if HRT changes your physical shape a bit? Or what I could do to make myself appear not so big and more feminine?

Thanks!

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Physical figure
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 05:46:29 am »
Good morning,

Yes HRT does change your physical body.

If you are taking estrogens, then expect to see a loss of chest and arm muscle mass. Also, you may put on additional fat to your thighs and rear. For you height,  you may lose an inch or two.

Unfortunately, any expectation for a petite body size is unrealistic. However, there are many cis women who are very large, so passing as a female is possible. I am also quite large. The single most important thing I did was lose weight. My profile picture is the real me, so judge for yourself.

Offline TheNaylornator

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 05:52:19 am »
I’m not expecting to lose loads of height as I understand that it would be unrealistic.

Thank you!

Offline CarlyMcx

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 08:29:14 pm »
HRT changed me A LOT.  And, four years in, the changes are still coming.  I only have a few items of men’s clothing left.  Most are sweat shirts that used to fit me somewhat close but now they are huge and baggy all over me.  I am 2.5 inches shorter, 3 inches smaller across the shoulders, went from a 40 regular to a 38B, 4 inches smaller in the waist, and 4 inches larger around the hips.

My center of gravity shifted lower, which improved my sense of balance.  My senses of taste and smell improved.

The amount of change really surprised me as I started transition at 53 years old, but I am so happy with my new body.

Offline MichelleA

• The day I can be myself is the best day of my life
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 08:42:43 pm »
HRT changed me A LOT.  And, four years in, the changes are still coming.  I only have a few items of men’s clothing left.  Most are sweat shirts that used to fit me somewhat close but now they are huge and baggy all over me.  I am 2.5 inches shorter, 3 inches smaller across the shoulders, went from a 40 regular to a 38B, 4 inches smaller in the waist, and 4 inches larger around the hips.

My center of gravity shifted lower, which improved my sense of balance.  My senses of taste and smell improved.

The amount of change really surprised me as I started transition at 53 years old, but I am so happy with my new body.

Carly,  Thank you for the play by play.  I'm only 7 months on HRT so there is a lot to look forward to.  I think this will give more than a few people some excitement for the future.

Hugs,
Michelle
Finally discovered the real ME: September 5, 2019
Started HRT: September 20, 2019
Out to my wife: October 25, 2019
Out to my closest friends and family: February 9, 2020

Offline saraP

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 10:04:22 am »
HRT can make you shrink to a point. You can lose muscle tissue. Probably have a size or two down in shoes. Maybe, don't expect too much in the genetic lottery.

There is nothing wrong with a tall girl.

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 11:09:24 am »
My stature changed during the first year. I lost height and one show size so far. I now have women's hips, a butt, curves where women's curves are supposed to be. I started out at 6'0 and I'm now 5'10. I think age might also be a factor. I started transition at 50 years old and I'm now starting my 2nd year. I'm no longer as broad in the shoulders as my former self. My weight has decreased significantly from 283 lbs to 219 and still falling. I don't want to lose too much weight actually, I'd still like to be able to defend myself against a physical attack, God help the poor soul who tries that!

Time will change you one way or another. Since our bodies react to HRT differently it's hard to speculate what your changes might me.

Good luck and happy journey.

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman, time for a change....
2-22-2019 Started HRT
8-9-2019 Legal Name Change
8-14-2019 New Drivers License issued with correct gender
9-5-2019 Social Security card updated
10-12-2019 Birth certificate updated
2-22-2020 One year HRT

Online Rachel

• Family
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 06:26:23 pm »
Hi,

I lost weight. I was a 42A after my BA /GCS. I gained 30 pounds after GCS, life was really stressful and I ate too much. Anyhow I am 172 to 174 now and a 36/38 DD/D. Maybe it was age but I am 6'1" from 6"3" over 7 years on HRT.

I eat keto and lost a lot of visceral fat so my tummy and obliques are looking good. I have no butt so I do leg/butt exercises. I use to go to the gym before the lockdown and will return.

My skin is soft and there is a very small increase in subcutaneous fat.

I wear size 6 super slim jeans and medium tops. I am tall at 6'1". I can only do my part and HRT can do its part and genetics can do its part and the rest is up to me to accept.

Rachel
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.

Offline JanePlain

• Living the dream.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 11:18:31 pm »
My stature changed during the first year. I lost height and one show size so far. I now have women's hips, a butt, curves where women's curves are supposed to be. I started out at 6'0 and I'm now 5'10. I think age might also be a factor. I started transition at 50 years old and I'm now starting my 2nd year. I'm no longer as broad in the shoulders as my former self. My weight has decreased significantly from 283 lbs to 219 and still falling. I don't want to lose too much weight actually, I'd still like to be able to defend myself against a physical attack, God help the poor soul who tries that!

Time will change you one way or another. Since our bodies react to HRT differently it's hard to speculate what your changes might me.

Good luck and happy journey.

Sophia

Sophia I think you will need a baseball bat to fend off your fans.  ;-)  I hit some kind of marker point just a while ago.  Men's jeans don't fit and its not the waist thats the issue.  Hoo Hoo! 

Offline BrightWindow

• Friend
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 06:01:20 am »
As others have mentioned, hormone replacement therapy can be very beneficial at any age. I would not worry too much about height: whilst being tall is certainly not ideal for passing as female, it is ultimately far from the most significant thing.
Profile picture credit:
"Nastasia (Modern)" by fawfulthegreat64
https://www.deviantart.com/fawfulthegreat64/art/Nastasia-Modern-Super-Paper-Mario-10th-676052566
Used with consent.

Offline JessicaRiddhi

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2020, 03:07:03 pm »
Funny, for the last couple of days I've been asking myself: will my body change? I've been on HRT for nearly a year now and have seen plenty of physical changes:

- My skin has soften
- My breast has grown to a B Cup

But have not seen any fat redistribution happening yet or at least that I've noticed. Now, I'm exercising as I've read in some forums that you must lose the male-weight first because fat do not move around, your new fat goes to the right places but the old fat would remain where it is.

It has been frustrating for me to be 11 months on HRT and my body doesn't seem to budge. What I got from some of you is that it takes time. Patience has not been a strength of mine during this transition.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2020, 03:17:10 pm »
I'm at normal weight BMI=20 and I found that I had to exercise to have a female waist line like a VS model.
There may be some weird genetics involved as I'm not on HRT but my waist to hip ratio is 0.73.
Which is better than fine for someone middle aged.  ;D

Marion

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 03:38:58 pm »
Funny, for the last couple of days I've been asking myself: will my body change? I've been on HRT for nearly a year now and have seen plenty of physical changes:

- My skin has soften
- My breast has grown to a B Cup

But have not seen any fat redistribution happening yet or at least that I've noticed. Now, I'm exercising as I've read in some forums that you must lose the male-weight first because fat do not move around, your new fat goes to the right places but the old fat would remain where it is.

It has been frustrating for me to be 11 months on HRT and my body doesn't seem to budge. What I got from some of you is that it takes time. Patience has not been a strength of mine during this transition.

@JessicaRiddhi
Dear Jessica:
    Please know that I do not wish to sidetrack and hijack your post and questions but I need to give you the rules and other information regarding the forums... and to Officially Greet you.

I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting telling us about yourself.

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you wrote about.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2020, 03:40:47 pm »
@JessicaRiddhi
Dear Jessica:

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself!

With more exposure to more members here you will be able to get more responses to your questions and concerns.

Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.

NOTE: Now, after all of this Greeting and Welcoming stuff, I will give you and others the thread back so that the conversation can continue.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline iskra

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 12:09:43 am »
People lose height? This I didn't know. I like being 5 10, not sure I want to become 5  8, even as a female, which is above average though for females. 5 10 is in the range of average for white males in the US  but 5 8 is too close to the low end of average for males for me to be ok with it.  If I detransitioned I'd be a 5 8 male?  Not liking that.

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 02:38:54 am »
People lose height? This I didn't know. I like being 5 10, not sure I want to become 5  8, even as a female, which is above average though for females. 5 10 is in the range of average for white males in the US  but 5 8 is too close to the low end of average for males for me to be ok with it.  If I detransitioned I'd be a 5 8 male?  Not liking that.

I don't think it happens if you are trans ftm. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you were assigned female at birth and your gender identity is male?

I'm not an expert, though. - E
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: probably sometime in the 22nd century...
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 07:37:07 am »
People lose height? This I didn't know. ... If I detransitioned I'd be a 5 8 male?  Not liking that.

My dear iskra,

Transition is not anything to try it and see if you like it. We go through many years of struggle and self doubt before we transition. We transition because we absolutely need to.

Once we do transition, many of our previous physical features and functions are permanently changed. Those of us who have  detransitioned were disappointed unless they made this decision before they went to far into full transition. Am I clear on this?

First you need to know who you are and how you want to live the rest of your life. This is a serious step, not to be taken lightly. Just being a few inches shorter after transition is really a trivial reason for deciding against transition.

Oh, by the way, as we get older (I am 70) we lose a few inches due to spinal column compression, so you will shrink some, whether or not you transition.

I am so sorry if I am being a little rough on you. Please excuse me. I am just thinking of all the people, many years ago, who were denied transition and without hope, they took their own life.  :'(

Offline Virelai

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 08:56:47 am »

I've lived my life presenting as a 5'5" male and I have never had any issues with it. Sure, sometimes at work I couldn't reach things, but no one ever made fun of me for it. All of that stopped after middle school.

As a transgender woman I am so unbelievably happy I'm starting from 5'5".

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 10:22:34 am »
There have been numerous reports of mtf losing height when taking estrogen or something similar for HRT.
I don't recall any reports going the other way, but the population of ftm is much smaller.

It is a consideration for me because I'm already and shorter than most GGs, so losing any height would be an issue.
And, being short and petite makes me male fail already, so it is harder to justify the risks and expense of HRT.

Offline iskra

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2020, 03:03:17 pm »
There have been numerous reports of mtf losing height when taking estrogen or something similar for HRT.
I don't recall any reports going the other way, but the population of ftm is much smaller.

It is a consideration for me because I'm already and shorter than most GGs, so losing any height would be an issue.
And, being short and petite makes me male fail already, so it is harder to justify the risks and expense of HRT.

Male fail. That's funny. Losing height is most definitely a big change. I've heard others say it on other forums, that they did lose height, as much as 2 inches, which is significant loss. I believe it could happen to me.

Tags: