Author Topic: Hey! Γειά σου!  (Read 144 times)

Offline bassausage

• Visitor
Hey! Γειά σου!
« on: May 08, 2020, 05:52:42 pm »
Hey! I'm Matthew, a 15yo dude from Nevada, USA. I wouldn't label my sexuality, it doesn't matter what you call it (I like who I like lmao)

I came out about a year and a half ago, my parents were wary naturally, but after many talks they have seemed to come around (we're looking into hormones currently)

It's hard to explain my story briefly, but generally I'd say I realized my identity loosely around three-ish years ago. I had heard of transgender through tumblr (ugh lol I know) and was behind the "gender is fluid" thing.
Long story short, had a rough few years in middle school, and when I started to gain my self confidence around the end of eighth grade year, I kind of just realized that's what the deal was and cried for a few weeks about it. My dysphoria didn't manifest in that moment, but I suddenly had a name for what I had felt for many, many years

I had remembered what my parents would've named me, Matthew. And just started to say it to myself in the mirror. I'd speak to myself in third person, The name felt really nice and didn't make me want to crawl out of my skin or bash my head in the wall. (which my dead name did exactly)

I eventually told my sister, then parents..... the rest is explained above.

While I am trying to get on hormones, and the uhhhh global pandemic is making that difficult, I try to not think about my transness, as it really doesn't affect my life outside of the doctor's office. I want to change my name legally and hopefully put this all behind me. It doesn't make me unhappy and I wouldn't describe myself as an unhappy person because of it. Transitioning isn't the light at the end of the tunnel, for me it's like walking through a particularly hard-to-open door, which on the other side, looks exactly the same, but I can speak louder and not overheat when I want to go to the beach.

BUt! other than all that bull, I like music and play the viola and double/electric bass. I'm in a youth symphony and should be practicing for an audition right now  :P
I'm in a band with two of my good friends, we call ourselves "The Lawnmowr Dudes" which I would describe as Jazz Funk/Classic Rock/ psychedellic type thing

:) kudos all! thx for reading my story

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Hey! Γειά σου!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 06:02:48 pm »
@bassausage
Hi Matthew:
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting,  I want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place

At 15 years old you are one of our younger members and you have already found the Forums youth area where you will find many members about your own age.
     You also will want to check our the  Youth Talk subforum where many subjects of interest are posted by other younger members.     
click LINK>>>   https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,496.0.html

As you post and share you will find like-minded members here that may become your friends.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline kaygee

• Mademoiselle💃
  • A very stable genius.🤪
Re: Hey! Γειά σου!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 05:37:04 am »
Opa!
Give me ambiguity... or give me something else.

-Patrick… somebody

Tags: