Author Topic: Out at work for a month now - changed my Linked In name and picture today  (Read 281 times)

Offline nz_maddie

It's been a whirlwind month in my transition.  My name and gender change has been very well received by colleagues and clients and today I took the plunge and changed my Linked In details today.  I removed the bearded professional looking fellow and replaced that imagery with the same picture I am using as my avatar here.

It's amazing how freeing this all is.

I hope everyone is well xxx
Just a kiwi girl, shuffling along, trying to grow wings

Offline Mills

• dOn'T pAnIc! when in a dress
Maddie

Good for you, I'm glad you're happy with the massive changes in your life, it looks like 2020 is going swimmingly for you at least.

Cwch

Mills
I'm Quiet, Shy and permanently confused, shout at me if you want!

Offline Allie Jayne

Congratulations Maddie, although I didn't have any doubts you would transition easily! As we come out of isolation, you will have already been accepted and will slide seamlessly into your new life.

Hugs,

Allie

Offline RachelTG

Congratulations. Doesn't it feel great!

Offline madeleine

Congrats!  Very brave.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
It's been a whirlwind month in my transition.  My name and gender change has been very well received by colleagues and clients and today I took the plunge and changed my Linked In details today.  I removed the bearded professional looking fellow and replaced that imagery with the same picture I am using as my avatar here.

It's amazing how freeing this all is.

I hope everyone is well xxx

That sounds like a wonderful dream come true.   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
Congrats! I wasn’t brave enough to come out fully to all of my online social networks. I actually deleted all of my old profiles on all social media sites and started fresh. That was particularly painful for LinkedIn because I was one of the first 10,000 members on LinkedIn and I got a special email from LinkedIn a couple of years ago about that - I don’t know why I am sentimental about that, but I am.

I actually turned on my new LinkedIn profile a couple of weeks ago (with no picture). I’ll be interested to see if any of my friends / former co-workers get a connection recommendation and can put 2+2 together to figure out that even though it’s a name they don’t recognize, the resume clearly could only be one person. So far, no connection requests.

Sarah

----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Tags: