Community Conversation > Non-Op

How feasible is Non-op forever?

<< < (2/6) > >>

JudiBlueEyes:
Chrissy I can only imagine it depending upon how at peace you (or anyone) were with your body and mindset.  In the end what others think is totally irrelevant.  I mean IRL, as a discussion point its a good one.
Judi

Maid Marion:
How will it further your goals in life?

As I see it, most of us only have enough time, money, and energy for perhaps a dozen major events in life.
Surviving a major illness, getting married, buying a forever home, that sort of thing.  Is it worth it?  For some it is.
But for that much effort, there are other things I'd rather do.

Where I live, GCS doesn't even make a difference, legally, what bathroom you decide to use.

My appearance and mannerisms are already sufficiently feminine that people instinctively put me in the female category in social interactions.  Which would bother my  wife when the GGs  we were with decided to talk about boobs as if I were one of the girls.

Marion

Angela H:
     Hi Chrissy! I like your question and though I would offer my personal experience on this issue.

I am just over two years on hormones and about twenty months since I went full time. Before I transitioned I was absolutely sure that I wanted to have GCS, in fact I often said that I hated my penis and I would cut it off myself if my choice was to have it or nothing at all! But I found that over time with hormones changing the physical structure and function of my genitals I was bothered less and less by it. Then late last year I got an orchiectomy and it changed things even further. Now I feel very little dysphoria when I think of it and tucking is easier than ever; actually most days I don't even bother because it hardly makes a difference (per my outfit of course).

I currently am trying to schedule my appointment for GCS next year (I was on track before the lockdown came along and screwed everything up /sigh), but there's no longer any sense of urgency. I want to have a vagina, but I don't feel like I need one anymore. I think living as a woman helped me realize that what I really wanted was for people to see me as a woman and to have a meaningful relationship with a man who loved me and respected my gender identity. I don't need the surgery for either of those so it has come to matter less to me as time went on.

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: Angela H on May 17, 2020, 08:31:23 pm ---     Hi Chrissy! I like your question and though I would offer my personal experience on this issue.

I am just over two years on hormones and about twenty months since I went full time. Before I transitioned I was absolutely sure that I wanted to have GCS, in fact I often said that I hated my penis and I would cut it off myself if my choice was to have it or nothing at all! But I found that over time with hormones changing the physical structure and function of my genitals I was bothered less and less by it. Then late last year I got an orchiectomy and it changed things even further. Now I feel very little dysphoria when I think of it and tucking is easier than ever; actually most days I don't even bother because it hardly makes a difference (per my outfit of course).

I currently am trying to schedule my appointment for GCS next year (I was on track before the lockdown came along and screwed everything up /sigh), but there's no longer any sense of urgency. I want to have a vagina, but I don't feel like I need one anymore. I think living as a woman helped me realize that what I really wanted was for people to see me as a woman and to have a meaningful relationship with a man who loved me and respected my gender identity. I don't need the surgery for either of those so it has come to matter less to me as time went on.

--- End quote ---

Hi Angela!  I like your answer.  It reveals your actual strong need and makes much sense.

:)

Chrissy

Rakel:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 17, 2020, 09:13:37 am ---How feasible is non-op forever?

--- End quote ---

I have a friend who lives near me and has posted pictures of herself on the internet for decades. She had a well established site by 1990. She is very feminine and attractive. Even though she is born male and has never taken female hormones, she identifies as non-op trans woman. She thinks and dresses as a woman, but has no desire to have GCS or even take Estradiol. This is just what she wants to do.

Yes, being non-op is very feasible and in fact some people prefer it that way.

On the other side of town, I have another friend who would like to transition, but has several medical conditions that prevent any possibility of a successful transition. She has accepted her situation and dresses on the feminine side of androgynous. She also has her facial hair waxed twice a month and wears some make up. This is the best she can do at this time.

Again, being non-op is feasible, but in this case this is all she can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version