Author Topic: Hello all you lovely people  (Read 93 times)

Offline Kombucha

• Visitor
Hello all you lovely people
« on: May 22, 2020, 07:17:43 pm »
Hello loves,

I’m not trans, but I have a nephew who recently came out to me as trans  (FTM).  I’m sort of the only one in the family he’s come out to (he’s 13), so I feel a great weight of responsibility in making sure his transition goes as smoothly as possible.  He tried to come out to his mother before me, and that did not go well.  She refused to accept it, and now he’s just hiding his identity from her.  This is actually one of the reasons I am seeking out advice on trans forums, but I’ll detail that more in a future post.

I’m here because I saw that you had a section of the forum dedicated for family members of trans people, but from reading those threads,  I also saw that it was highly encouraged to start in the introduction part of the forum.

So I guess I’ll introduce myself.  Lol.  I’m a single pansexual woman in her mid thirties.  Very introverted.  (Probably die single and surrounded by cats due to said introverted nature.  :p) I like to read and write.  I work from home, although I’m currently on unemployment because of reduced hours due to covid. Not much more to say. 

I send you all love.  Thank you.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Hello all you lovely people
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 07:21:45 pm »
@Kombucha
Dear Kombucha
     Please know that I am not trying to sidetrack your comments and I will give you and others back this thread right after I warmly welcome you to Susan's Place and the Forums.

I am most pleased that you had decided to join the Susan's Place site.

Thank you for writing your first posting and telling all of us a little about yourself.... as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be offering their thoughts and comments in response to any of your future questions and concerns..

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say regarding their own experiences.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 07:49:45 pm »
@Kombucha
Dear Kombucha

If you have not already found it, here is a Forums section just for you ......

Significant Others talk
click LINK: >> https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,26.0.html

A place for support of the family (parents, siblings and/or children) and intimate partners of trans* people. Please respect that this is an area for SO (Significant Others) to exchange questions and to share thoughts.

Also, since your nephew is very young at 13 years old.... you might want to read some of the postings in our Youth Section.
                                  Youth Talk
click LINK: >>  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,496.0.html

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place,
Danielle
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:57:18 am by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Daylight

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 10:31:03 pm »
Welcome, Kombucha!

I'm new as well and don't have any idea what you should do in your situation. But I wanted to say thank you for being there for your nephew and for reaching out to find help. It has to be so hard for young people when family are not accepting. I'm glad he has you for support.

I'm sure there are others here that have seen or experienced similar situations, so I'm sure you'll get great advice. Good luck to you and your nephew!
39 years old and questioning who I am. For now, I am choosing to be Megan :)

Tags: