Author Topic: Nice to get a warm welcome.  (Read 540 times)

Offline Sarah Stevenson

Nice to get a warm welcome.
« on: May 23, 2020, 05:53:51 am »
Hi Everyone

My name is not Sarah, but needed to choose a name away from my real life as a 48 yr old man in Queensland, Australia. I have been well within the realm of gender dysphoria for as long as i can remember. Even as low as stealing girls clothes of washing lines, trying on my mothers clothes, putting socks in a bra, sleeping with a pillow up my pyjamas pretending i was pregnant.

I always wondered what it would be like to have breasts and to be a girl.

I was always more  interested in what it would be like to be the girl in the clothes that i met on a night out, rather than me whos going to be the guy who was going to have sex with her.

Its has been an on and off relationship, as where i was brought up, been different  was not an option, regardless of that i wish i could of done something sooner.

I am now in a loving marriage and have an appointment with the GP to start the journey from male to female HRT.

I just want know about if your experiences were positive or negative so i can get a general idea.

I will then tell you more

Love and best wishes

Sarah xxx

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
Re: Nice to get a warm welcome.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 06:37:34 am »
Hello...I am also a Sarah who is not a Sarah in real life.

In fact, in addition to our pen names, we share a lot in terms of experiences and where we are in life (although I have never been married). I have dealt with transgender inklings since childhood.

I made the decision to transition in October 2018 as you can see in my timeline below. Everyone’s experiences are different but at least for me, my transition has gone a lot better than I expected in terms of the coming out process. Just as importantly, I am so much more mentally at peace with myself, and many of my friends and family have remarked, “You seem so much happier!” Yes - ‘tis true!

Anyway, you have chosen to go see a therapist which is a most excellent choice at this stage. Take the time to have some really good discussions with your therapist.

I’m sure you will get an official welcome shortly from the moderators, but I too wish you a welcome as well.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline kaygee

• Mademoiselle💃
  • A very stable genius.🤪
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 06:51:01 am »
I have been well within the realm of gender dysphoria for as long as i can remember. Even as low as stealing girls clothes of washing lines, trying on my mothers clothes, putting socks in a bra, sleeping with a pillow up my pyjamas pretending i was pregnant.

I always wondered what it would be like to have breasts and to be a girl.

I was always more  interested in what it would be like to be the girl in the clothes that i met on a night out, rather than me whos going to be the guy who was going to have sex with her.

Its has been an on and off relationship, as where i was brought up, been different  was not an option, regardless of that i wish i could of done something sooner.

I am now in a loving marriage and have an appointment with the GP to start the journey from male to female HRT.

Welcome aboard, Ms. Stevenson.

stealing girls clothes of washing lines, BTDT
trying on my mothers clothes, BTDT
putting socks in a bra, BTDT

I began my transition 18 years ago with strong resistance from my late wife.
My wife passed 16 years ago, and I had my surgery 2 months ago at age 69.

I have never been more comfortable in my life.

I hope all goes well with you.

I hope you'll share your experience with the GP.
Give me ambiguity... or give me something else.

-Patrick… somebody

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 09:02:15 am »
Hi!

Welcome Sarah!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 09:31:28 am »
@Sarah Stevenson
Dear Sarah   
    Thank you for coming to the Forums.
    I am most pleased that you had decided to join the Susan's Place site.

Know that I am not trying to sidetrack your questions and thoughts.... but please allow me to officially welcome you here.
    Thank you for writing your first posting and sharing about yourself.... as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to any of your specific questions and concerns..

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 10:37:49 pm »

...as stealing girls clothes of washing lines...

...stealing girls clothes of washing lines, BTDT...

Alright Ladies, now cut that out.

I was wondering why some of my underwear went missing.  :o

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Sarah Stevenson

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 02:22:08 am »
Thanks everyone for your reply's. Its nice to know that i can ask questions and talk without been judged.

There are so many things i want to ask, but obviously you have other things to do than answer all my millions of queries.

Going to have a good look around first as the answers for half my questions will have probably been answered.

Thank you again and will hopefully talk to some of you very soon.

Have a lovely day/night/evening or mornig, wherever you may be.

Lots of love.

Sarah

Offline Sarah Stevenson

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 02:24:02 am »
Just wanted add, sorry if i stole your underwear Rachel, they were pretty confortable though. Thank you xx

Tags: hrt transgender mtf