Author Topic: [FTM] post top surgery nipple discharge?  (Read 144 times)

Offline TNREAM

• Visitor
[FTM] post top surgery nipple discharge?
« on: May 26, 2020, 04:22:10 am »
hi y'all, i've lurked around this forum on and off throughout my transition but this is my first time posting. hello! also, sorry for the potentially gross TMI.

so, the issue at hand...

i'm a 22 year old transgender man. i had top surgery (double incision with full nipple graft) last march, which healed without any complications. however, for the past 3 weeks my left franken-nipple has been drying out and growing very thin scab-like layers, which usually fall off after a hot shower and then start to develop again as soon as 4 hours after.

when i woke up about a week ago, i noticed a clear liquid leaking from the offending nip. it's been consistently seeping since. i'm also experiencing some discomfort/itching in the area. when i pat it dry with a paper towel, it appears a light yellow when it dries.

i can't find any information on the internet about nipple discharge not specific to pregnant women/people that haven't had any sort of mastectomy/breast surgery. i did read that clear discharge can indicate breast cancer, so now i'm worried i either have a tumor or my man-tits are rotting from the inside and my mini pepperoni is gonna fall off my bod.

i'm worried about seeing a doctor due to the whole, y'know, pandemic thing. i'm also not sure a doctor without specific experience with trans men will be able to help.

has this happened to anyone else post-TS? i'm really starting to get worried lol

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: [FTM] post top surgery nipple discharge?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 08:57:12 am »
@TNREAM
Dear TNREAM
    Thank you for coming out of the LURKER ZONE and now being able to share your own posts.
    Please know that I do not wish to sidetrack and hijack your post and questions but I need to give you the rules and other information regarding the forums... and to Officially Greet you.

I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting telling us about yourself.

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you wrote about.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 08:58:32 am »
@TNREAM
Dear TNREAM:

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself!

With more exposure to more members here you will be able to get more responses to your questions and concerns.

Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.

NOTE: Now, after all of this Greeting and Welcoming stuff, I will give you and others the thread back so that the conversation can continue.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 06:15:48 pm »
Ream,

Definitely call your doctor and you will probably have a scheduled FaceTime appointment with him  I have already done 3 and will do another tomorrow.  These modern cell phones have great camera quality, so do not be afraid  to show your nipples and try to do a close up with your camera.  Try to leave some of that scab stuff on them so the doctor can see, same with leakage if possible.  It could be anything from some mammary gland tissue left behind to something else.  It is great that you are concerned about it.

I have also sent pictures of growth on my very old sun damaged skin to my dermatologist and then we later FaceTime to discuss what it is.  Just remember that appointment has a cost associated with it.  They are usually short and quick and, in my opinion, a great way to talk with the Doctor, see his face and he sees mine to discuss a medical issue.

Good luck and lets us know what happens. 

Welcome to the site and we are here to help you,

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Tags: