Author Topic: Being Jane  (Read 917 times)

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Neighbor
Re: Being Jane
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 04:04:43 pm »
Back in the truck and I feel GREAT!!!

I found what I needed and not tons more. I was also able to update my account. My photo is current and my first Jane credit card will be arriving in about a week.

A very successful trip.
Jun 2019: Came out to all immediate family
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 04:31:36 pm »
There you go, see its all in the mind . Bit of positive attitude helps as well, head up and a big smile works.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 04:47:52 pm »
@Jane.Shannon
Dear Jane:
I am so very, very happy for you that all of your fears are now in the past....
...well, most of them anyway.   ;)
Thank you for sharing your good report with me and the rest of your followers.

Please continue to keep us updated as you feel comfortable doing.

HUGS, HUGS, and more HUGS,
Danielle

I found what I needed and not tons more. I was also able to update my account. My photo is current and my first Jane credit card will be arriving in about a week.

A very successful trip.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Neighbor
OOTD July 10, 2020
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2020, 06:15:43 pm »

In a post earlier today I mentioned I was headed to Costco.  Here is what I wore.  I also had on the every popular N95 mask.  It is nice that mine is white, so it matched my top and my skirt.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2020, 10:57:08 pm »

A very successful trip.

Yay! Congrats.

I too found the Costco name change to be pretty low stress at the end of the day. We get ourselves all worked up about these situations and 99% of the time it goes off without a hitch.

I remember getting really nervous ahead of going into the DMV to get my license and title updated. It honestly ended up being the fastest and most pleasant DMV experience ever. There was no line (which NEVER happens at my understaffed urban DMV office!), and I zipped in and out of there in 10 minutes with great customer service. I was truly bewildered by the easiness of the experience.

And your outfit looked great!

Sarah
----
47 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Neighbor
A Rose by any other name
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2020, 07:37:39 pm »
What a relief it is to be fully out.  I love just being able to walk out my door, go to the store, but my favorite is to recognized by My Name...Jane.  While Jane is my name, it still isn't my legal name.  It is time to fix that.  My first step was to visit the transequity website.  It has great information on legal issues for transgender people.  From there I was able to find all required forms.  Today I visited the my local courthouse.  I submitted my forms, paid my $162, and I have a court date for tomorrow, August 4, 2020, at 8:15.

More tomorrow...

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Neighbor
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2020, 07:43:49 pm »
I almost forgot.  I am now over one year on HRT.  I think I am off to a good start!!!

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2020, 11:08:17 pm »
@Jane.Shannon
Dear Jane:
Congratulations to you on your one year HRT anniversary....   this is a date that needs to be remembered and even celebrated.   

At the one year mark, you have already experienced much of the initial "magic" that HRT can do to your body and mind.
Hang on tight, there is much more to come....

HUGS and best wishes as you continue on.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline CynthiaAnn

• like totally dig that pacific pulse....
Re: A Rose by any other name
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2020, 06:48:16 am »
What a relief it is to be fully out.  I love just being able to walk out my door, go to the store, but my favorite is to recognized by My Name...Jane.  While Jane is my name, it still isn't my legal name.  It is time to fix that.  My first step was to visit the transequity website.  It has great information on legal issues for transgender people.  From there I was able to find all required forms.  Today I visited the my local courthouse.  I submitted my forms, paid my $162, and I have a court date for tomorrow, August 4, 2020, at 8:15.

More tomorrow...

It's a wonderful feeling to have the legal name you like and prefer Jane, best wishes today.

Cyndi
kindness is love nurturing your soul....

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Neighbor
Name Change
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2020, 12:08:46 pm »
It is DONE!  My legal name is now Jane.  It was a great experience.  The judge is actually a friend of mine, so he was excited to perform this action.  My wife and kids went, so they could be a part of it.  The actual time in the courtroom was VERY short--about 15 minutes.  The whole process, I am in Washington state, was very quick and easy.  I filed yesterday morning, and today I have legally changed my name. 

Now comes the hard part--changing all the things my name is linked too.

Did anyone have things they just didn't bother changing?

Thanks,
Jane

Re: Name Change
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2020, 12:52:08 pm »
@Jane.Shannon
Dear Jane:
That is great news... wow 15 minutes!!!   It was terrific that your wife and kids went with you and could be a part of everything regarding your legal name change....  and Wow-Whee.... your friend, the Judge, was excited to perform the legal action....    Win, Win, Win !!!!

My advice from my own personal experience is that you try to change everything... of course you are probably on mailing lists and  stuff like that so you will undoubtedly be seeing your "dead-name" showing up in your email inbox and your snail-mail box from time to time but you have to keep after it to get all the name changes done whenever possible.... especially the important and legal stuff....  licenses, certifications, birth certificate, passport, medical offices and medical records, school and college records, diplomas, business licenses, property tax and deeds, State and IRS tax filings, etc, etc... 

I am most happy for you...
Thank you for sharing.
HUGS,
Danielle

It is DONE!  My legal name is now Jane.  It was a great experience.  The judge is actually a friend of mine, so he was excited to perform this action.  My wife and kids went, so they could be a part of it.  The actual time in the courtroom was VERY short--about 15 minutes.  The whole process, I am in Washington state, was very quick and easy.  I filed yesterday morning, and today I have legally changed my name. 

Now comes the hard part--changing all the things my name is linked too.

Did anyone have things they just didn't bother changing?

Thanks,
Jane
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Neighbor
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2020, 01:38:58 pm »
Danielle,
I started that process immediately when I got home.  I figured a lot of those places also track gender, so it makes sense to change my gender at the same time.  The name change was super easy; the gender not so easy.  It is easy for my driver's license here in Washington.  I fill out a form, and submit it to DoL and it's done.  Anything federal takes a letter from my primary care provider.  Of course I don't see him that often, so he wants some verification that I had "appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition."  Which means my counselor needs to send him a note. 

I have to say, it really makes me mad that changing gender is so hard.  For most of these organizations it will really just change one block on a form.  It won't change how much money they give, or get, from me.  It won't change my appointments.  Why is that SO hard to change.  A big one is my DD-214.  That form encapsulates my entire military service on one page, and is the proof I received certain medals, served in combat zones, and shows my characterization of service (Honorable Discharge).  For that one, I have to say that showing a form with my old name and gender could cause discrimination in the work place, and therefore, I should have my name changed. 

I know I have had about the smoothest transition of all time.  I just don't understand why this step is so challenging.  Honestly, it was easier to get on HRT to actually start physically changing genders than it to be recognized on paper.

Okay, rant over. 
Jane

PS.  I have heard the HARDEST thing to get changed is all the junk mail.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2020, 02:54:59 pm »
No it just means you get twice as much, old and new names!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline EllenW

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2020, 08:51:08 pm »

I have to say, it really makes me mad that changing gender is so hard.

Jane,
 I guess it depends upon you state. My name and gender were changed my the same court decree. After getting that it was off to the SSA office and then to the DMV to change name and gender in both Federal and state records.

Since I through all junk mail away, I have not spent much effort on that. If it has my dead name it goes straight from the mail box to the trash can

Ellen
Known all my life I was different
Started to live part time as my true self in 2010
HRT January 2018
Full time at work Febuary 2018
Legal name and gender change January 2019

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2020, 08:13:06 pm »
Jane how difficult was it to update your DD-214?  I've not taken that route but have thought about it recently. 

Thank you,
Judi
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Neighbor
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2020, 11:01:49 pm »
I haven't done that yet.  I just know what to do.  First, I need the letter from my counselor, then the letter from the doctor, and then I will request the update.

Tags: #namechange #DD214