Author Topic: Being Jane  (Read 6530 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Being Jane
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2021, 07:37:54 pm »
Happy birthday Jane!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2021, 03:00:20 am »
Happy birthday dear, have a great one XX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2021, 08:54:04 am »
I just received an unexpected birthday gift.  I was checking Facebook and I was liking the "Happy Birthdays."  One of my former Soldiers said "Happy Birthday, Ma'am."  It is the first time one of my Soldiers has use that honorific with me.  It felt wonderful having that one world of both respect and acceptance.
June 2021: Orchiectomy
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2021, 06:43:46 pm »
I just received an unexpected birthday gift.  I was checking Facebook and I was liking the "Happy Birthdays."  One of my former Soldiers said "Happy Birthday, Ma'am."  It is the first time one of my Soldiers has use that honorific with me.  It felt wonderful having that one world of both respect and acceptance.

That is nice to hear.   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2021, 12:29:50 am »
It has been a long time since I updated this blog.  I wanted to share a piece of art work I recently completed.  The technique is called quilling. 

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2021, 03:34:10 am »
Yes have seen work like that on antique shows, very Victorian . Very nice work dear.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2021, 08:52:49 am »
Thank you Davina.  In Victorian times it was seen as an appropriate activities for women because it wasn't to rigorous for their delicate mental and physical conditions.  In someways this turns me off to quilling, but I also think it is nice to take something like that back.  I like quilling because it is easy to learn (I taught my fourth graders to do it also), and very accessible.  I used paper, scissors, glue, and cylinders of different sizes (toothpicks, pencils, dowels, etc).

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2021, 05:16:13 pm »
Orchiectomy Recover Day 1: 
Physical.  Pain is a 3 or a 4.  I am controlling it with prescription medicines.  I am trying to not take the more powerful painkillers unless the pain starts moving into the high 4 range.  There is not a lot of swelling.  I used a mirror to see the incision, looks like the doctor did a good job getting things closed up neatly.  No bleeding or discharge from the wound.  I am mostly taking it easy today, laying on the couch trying to stay calm and cool. 
Emotional:  I am so glad I did this.  When I look down and see everything down there smaller, especially my scrotum.  I did start doubting some as we drove to the hospital, but then I remembered that everything I have done to transition I have been very pleased with.  Hair surgery, hormones, name change, full time, I am happy I did each one.  After considering that, I knew I was doing the right thing for my transition.

Offline Darilee

• My Courage Came Late In Life
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2021, 06:13:11 am »
I had my orchie 4.20.21 very happy and started E therapy 5.5.21 I notice my nipples getting sore and even though I weigh the same my belly appears bigger. I got to get serious about dieting
My Journey
Bilateral Orchiectomy w/ Scrotal Excision= April 20,2021,
Estradiol= May 5, 2021

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2021, 01:02:59 pm »
Jane, I'm glad you feel this was the right thing to do. I expect I'll follow you down this path before too long. Heal well!

My smartphone thinks it's smarter than me. It's probably right.

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2021, 04:43:17 pm »
Orchiectomy Recovery Day 2:
Physical.  Pain is much lower today.  I would say a 2 or a 3.  The pain very much changes depending on how I sit or stand, and often flares up when I change positions.  It is interesting the pain is mostly above my penis, I was expecting more in the scrotum.  I wonder if it is because the severed nerve endings and blood vessels have retreated up the inguinal canals?  I am still icing the area periodically and not engaging in anything strenuous. 

Emotional.  I showered today, which made me feel much, much better emotionally.  I am also fully dressed and wearing my own underwear instead of the panties the hospital gave me. I have some underwear designed for trans women to support and reduce without tucking.  I wear them when I exercise.  These seem to be working very well today.  Unfortunately, I only have three pairs.  As I feel the healing continue and the pain reduce I am really looking forward to seeing how this works out.  I am very happy to be off Spironolactone; I haven’t craved a pickle yet today.  I am excited to see how my clothing fits and feels.  I cannot cross my legs comfortably yet, but I am dying to try it without the pinch and pressure of before.

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2021, 12:21:16 am »
Orchiectomy Recovery Day 3:

Physical:  Much less pain today.  I would say mostly a 1, with some 2 and 3 depending on how quickly I move to change position.  It seems worse when I stand up after sitting for a while.  There is one bruise which has developed on the left side near where the scrotum meets the penis.  It doesn’t hurt but looks unsightly.  Most of the pain is still focused on the area to the top and sides. 

Emotional:  Wow it is hard to believe this only happened three days ago.  Like so many people who have any gender confirming procedures; this just feels natural.  I have carefully touched the area, and it feels so nice not having anything in there.  I told a very supportive guy friend I did this.  I asked him if just the idea makes him hold his crotch and groan.  He said “yes, but I like mine.”

Offline Susan R

• Transgender Female
  • The Real Me!
    • Susan R's Introduction
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2021, 03:44:20 am »
@Jane.Shannon

Congratulations on your recent surgery. I hope you feeling back to normal soon.😘

Always My Best,
Susan R🌷
Sept. 25, 2018:       Began HRT
May 19, 2019:         Out to All/Full time
June 12, 2019:        Name/Gender Marker on all ID's/Legal Docs completed
July 2, 2020:           GRS & BA Consult - Dr. Stiller
January 5, 2021:     GRS Surgery [Stage 1 “Vaginoplasty”]
January 15, 2021:    BA Surgery
June 18, 2021:        GRS [Stage 2 “Depth Added”] procedure
           *CANCELED DUE TO COVID*
Sept. 7, 2021:         GRS [Stage 2 “Depth Added”] procedure

Offline mm

« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2021, 08:18:13 am »
Congregations  Jane.Shannon, Guy are very defensive of their testes. They hangs out in open and are easily hit which hurts so bad as you know.  You  no longer have to worry about them getting hit and hurting, yours are gone for good.

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2021, 10:49:45 am »
I wrote this yesterday, June 28, 2021.  The site was down so I am posting it this morning.

Orchiectomy Recovery Day 4:

Physical:  Pain level is about the same as day 3.  The discomfort mostly flares up when I change positions, for example from sitting to standing.  I think that area is still swollen.  I have only taken one dose of OTC pain meds today.

Emotional:  I am ready to be pain-free with this surgery.  I had to postpone a trip with my younger son that was planned for June 29, 2021 because I don’t think I will be able to stand up and walk around for four(+) hours.  I feel bad letting him down, but I really don’t want a complication to set in and slow the healing process.

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2021, 06:44:42 pm »
@Jane.Shannon

Congratulations on your recent surgery. I hope you feeling back to normal soon.😘

Always My Best,
Susan R🌷

Thank you Susan.  Congrats on completing stage one of GCS.  I hope you are pleased with the results.

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2021, 06:45:12 pm »
Orchiectomy Recovery Day 5:
Physical:  The stitches are starting to poke me.  They itch a little and are getting uncomfortable.  I think I will get the hand mirror out soon and check things out down there again.  The swelling continues to go down.  There is less pain on the sides today.  I let myself get too tired and felt wobbly which was only exacerbated by recovery.  I took a nice nap.

Emotional:  I am starting to get the idea of how things will feel with less stuff down there.  Right now it still feels like there is still too much stuff.  I am not sure this procedure is the end of my transition. 

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2021, 06:46:34 pm »
Jane, I'm glad you feel this was the right thing to do. I expect I'll follow you down this path before too long. Heal well!

My smartphone thinks it's smarter than me. It's probably right.

Randi,
As you can see I am continuing to post about my recovery.  Please feel free to ask questions.  I would love to do anything I can to share my experience to help educate the next person.
Jane

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2021, 10:53:59 pm »
Randi,
As you can see I am continuing to post about my recovery.  Please feel free to ask questions.  I would love to do anything I can to share my experience to help educate the next person.
Jane
@Jane.Shannon   @RandiL
Dear Jane and Randi:
What you stated and described, as you undoubtedly already know, is one of the great
things and key hallmarks regarding this site.

Susan's Place and the Forums are an invaluable resource of information and education for
not only our members but for those that visit the site as well.

Encouragement and support happens when we share our experiences, discuss our problems
and issues, fears and concerns, successes and failures, etc.

Thank you both for keeping your Blog threads and other various posts around the Forums
updated with you candid and forthright comments as you are continuing in your own journeys.

HUGS and my very best wishes to you both. 
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2021, 05:04:49 pm »
Orchiectomy Recovery Day 6:
Physical:  The pain is about the same, but changing positions (mostly laying to standing) isn’t as painful.  I checked things out down there with a mirror.  The scab is only about an inch long, and it ITCHES.  I am finding it easier to be more active today.

Emotional:  When I was checking things out down there I was moving things around and touching.  More exploring than fun touching.  It used to really bother me to feel things moving around inside me there, and it felt great as I stretched and moved the skin to feel nothing move inside me.  Again, it just felt right.

Tags: #namechange #DD214