Author Topic: Hello All & I'm already less confused  (Read 174 times)

Offline Confused1

• Non Binary
Hello All & I'm already less confused
« on: May 28, 2020, 10:55:02 am »
I have had thoughts since I was young that I was not totally right. In the time and area I grew up in, disclosure would have got me labeled with a mental condition. I repressed it and even convinced myself it was my imagination, but it resurfaced once in awhile. Puberty became somewhat traumatic for a spell.
I had a surgery about 2 years ago that left me with a condition I almost cannot live with. I did immense research trying to figure out how to repair my issue from that surgery. I left no stone unturned, and did research in urology sites to cancer sites, along with a Eunuch website and finally Susans.  In Susans, I found I was not alone, and accepting who I am most likely gave me the tool I need to fix the medical issue from my surgery.  I have already learned much from this website and how accepting and welcoming most of you are. I am already not as confused as I was when I signed up. Thank you all for being here!

Offline Maid Marion

Re: Hello All & I'm already less confused
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 11:25:15 am »
Hi,

Great to hear that you are finding this site helpful.

Marion

Offline Daylight

• Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 12:48:24 pm »
Welcome to the site, Confused1! Happy to hear that it is helping you already. I'm pretty new here, but it's helped me too! I don't think I understand medical issues very well. Seems like you've been through a lot lately. But it definitely sounds positive that you are reconciling old thoughts that you weren't allowed to express with a future that you can accept and hopefully offers you joy. Good luck to you and I'll see you around.

Love and peace!
39 years old and learning to be Megan :)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 12:57:56 pm »
@Confused1
Dear Confused:
Thank you for following the LINK that I gave you in my Welcome Message yesterday and coming here to the Introductions Forums to tell more members about yourself.   

Please be certain to look over the important and informative LINKS that she included at the end of my Welcome Message that I gave to you.

As you get involved sharing your thoughts, questions and your comments with others in the various topics and threads here you just may find that you will make some like-minded friends that you can identify with as you continue in your "journey"

I look forward to reading your future postings as you feel free to share.

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Confused1

• Non Binary
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 07:43:35 pm »
Hi,

Great to hear that you are finding this site helpful.

Marion

Thank You Marion!

Hi Megan (Daylight)
I have had to learn a lot about urology and how things work. I was very motivated to figure it out. If I had not been driven by the surgery issue, most likely nobody, including myself, would have ever known I am transgender. Go figure. I only had mild dysphoria and was doing a good job hiding it from myself. I don’t know how bad dysphoria gets for others or how it compares to my condition, but I know I don’t want to live much longer with what I am suffering with. I know there are some some suicides because of dysphoria. GRS hits 2 birds with one stone. I’m sure we will run into each other again in this forum as we both search for knowledge. Happy hunting!

Offline Daylight

• Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 07:43:38 pm »
The suicide rate among transgender persons is absolutely tragic. I spend a lot of time on a suicide & mental illness support site, and it was amazing to me at first how common it was. Then I learned more and realized it is the sad reality. You being you is such a better option! I wish more people knew that and had that opportunity. Thank you for following that path yourself.
39 years old and learning to be Megan :)

Tags: