Author Topic: Hi, I'm Alexis  (Read 205 times)

Offline PrettyHateMachine89

Hi, I'm Alexis
« on: May 29, 2020, 10:08:51 pm »
And it feels amazing to type that :)

So a little about me: I'm AMAB, 24 and just came out to my family about two months ago. It has been going very well thankfully, my family is amazing and fully supportive. It took a lot longer for myself to accept that I'm trans thsn it did for my family to, which was nice. It took me a long time to even understand the feelings I was experiencing; for most of my life, i hadn't the faintest clue. I thought I was a stereotypically depressed milennial, with no understanding that there were red flags for something much deeper and harder to accept.

The moment I fully understood my gender identity was so incredible. I've never felt such clarity in my life. Years of repression washed down the drain in one euphoric moment. It felt as if i awoke from an awful, never ending nightmare.

Obvioisly, I know my journey is just beginning. And part of that journey is reaching out and making connections. I've never had problems making friends, but all the friends I'd made in the past are all but gone; it was my own doing, through being completely socially distant and being terrified of showing any ounce of vulnerability. I'd never understood why I'd react this way towards my friendships in the past, but now that I'm concious of my true self, I want to really put myself out there and get to know ppl, especially fellow trans allies :3 If any of ya'll are big Nine Inch Nails fans we'll be off to a good start lol.:p
I'd rather die than give you control

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Hi, I'm Alexis
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 11:12:43 pm »
@PrettyHateMachine89
Dear Alexis
    Please know that I am not trying to hijack your post and your questions and concerns but first I wish to Officially Welcome YOU to Susan's Place.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting. 

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you wrote about.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline KateWelleck

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 11:52:51 pm »
Hii Alexis I'm Kate!!!
Welcome to the forum..I discovered this place a few days ago myself
I'm 22 and like you I'm a newbie to this side of me too
So again welcome to this forum!
All the love and huggss
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 06:41:54 am by KateWelleck »

Offline graspthesanity

• Friend
    • graspthesanity writing blog
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 06:23:48 am »
Hiya!!! I just wanted to say that I love your username, before I even read the thread! I'm a NIN fan too!

I just to wish you all the best and the first realization of everything is an amazing experience and I'd love to be friends!

Offline Daylight

• Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 06:31:35 am »
Hi, Alexis! Congrats on reaching a new understanding of yourself. It's nice to read how much of a difference it has already made for you and that your family has been so accepting. Also, I just love the name Alexis :) You can call me Megan (or Daylight), by the way.

I can completely understand the lost friends. I've isolated so much that I have watched all these amazing people I knew disappear from my life. I'm glad you have realized what's happening and are looking to change it. And I don't know, maybe there are some of those old friends that you would want to reconnect with that might be open to it. Maybe not. Either way, I'm sure you will make great friends here and in your new journey!

I'm sorry I can't say more than there are a few Nine Inch Nails songs I enjoy. They remind me of some great friends I used to have, though.

Good luck and I'll see you around the forum!
39 years old and learning to be Megan :)

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 10:17:19 am »
Hiya!!! I just wanted to say that I love your username, before I even read the thread! I'm a NIN fan too!

I just to wish you all the best and the first realization of everything is an amazing experience and I'd love to be friends!

Yay another NIN fan :3 what's your fav album? Mine is The Fragile, but all of his first four full length lbums are utter perfection.

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 10:21:20 am »
Hi, Alexis! Congrats on reaching a new understanding of yourself. It's nice to read how much of a difference it has already made for you and that your family has been so accepting. Also, I just love the name Alexis :) You can call me Megan (or Daylight), by the way.

I can completely understand the lost friends. I've isolated so much that I have watched all these amazing people I knew disappear from my life. I'm glad you have realized what's happening and are looking to change it. And I don't know, maybe there are some of those old friends that you would want to reconnect with that might be open to it. Maybe not. Either way, I'm sure you will make great friends here and in your new journey!

I'm sorry I can't say more than there are a few Nine Inch Nails songs I enjoy. They remind me of some great friends I used to have, though.

Good luck and I'll see you around the forum!

I do have one friend I've been wanting to reach out to. I've done my distant thing with him in the past and we always end up hanging out again at some point. Tbh I'm just anxious af about coming out to him, I know I should do it eventually but I keep putting it off.

And a couple Nin songs is more than enough for me. Most people won't even give them the time of day because of how brutal and unfiltered their music is.

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 10:24:48 am »
Hii Alexis I'm Kate!!!
Welcome to the forum..I discovered this place a few days ago myself
I'm 22 and like you I'm a newbie to this side of me too
So again welcome to this forum!
All the love and huggss

Hi kate :) my moms been telling me to join a forum like this weeks, I finally went ahead and found a place to join. Will be nice to talk to other ppl who are going thru what I am :)

Offline Daylight

• Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 10:56:07 am »
I do have one friend I've been wanting to reach out to. I've done my distant thing with him in the past and we always end up hanging out again at some point. Tbh I'm just anxious af about coming out to him, I know I should do it eventually but I keep putting it off.
When you're ready! That's the message I keep hearing from people here and I agree. It can be terrifying to talk about gender identity with others, even the people we trust to support us. When you are ready to open up to him, I hope you'll be back to tell us how supportive he was so that we can celebrate with you. Or offer support if it doesn't go well. I hope it goes well, though.
39 years old and learning to be Megan :)

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 11:50:54 am »
Hi Alexis,

Glad you found us!  Welcome!

Marion

Tags: