General Discussions > Nature and Pastimes

Hobbies.....

<< < (3/9) > >>

Mills:
Devlyn

I have an air rifle, I'm not a total pacifist!!, it's used to slaughter the rat's in my in-laws garden as they live next to a river and they overfeed the local wildlife which obviously attract rat's, It's just a bit taboo to wonder about with a gun in blighty unless you're rich.

I've had my air rifle years it's a Weihrauch HW77k, they're still made, very accurate, and would be ideal on your allotment. also I don't think 1,200fps is legal in britain unless you have a firearm's certificate, I don't know what the rifle is power wise but it's 5.6mm/.22 and it stops rats at thirty metres with flatheads.

How do you make bacon?, do you have pigs?, I do geocaching on bikes it's a "thing", should have said I'm thinking about getting an rc rock crawler, it's just that they need batteries, I don't want to be lugging a load of batteries about.

Mills

CynthiaAnn:
Amateur Radio, music (playing and listening), hiking, bicycling, motorcycling, sewing, crafts, reading. Own a few rifles, used to target practice many years ago.

Mills:

--- Quote from: CynthiaAnn on June 01, 2020, 08:04:12 am ---Amateur Radio, music (playing and listening), hiking, bicycling, motorcycling, sewing, crafts, reading. Own a few rifles, used to target practice many years ago.

--- End quote ---
Hi CynthiaAnn

Thanks for your reply, the amateur radio and music are indoor hobbies and I do need to be out and about I'm like a caged animal if I'm indoors when I don't need to be, also I already listen to more than my fair share of music.

I already do hiking and bicycling, I also have a motorbike, well a scooter, her names Penny!, I do read but not much as it involves sitting around and doing nothing I do need to be busy, I have thought about crafts, well I'm thinking of learning to make clothes, my wife has offered to teach me to use a sewing machine etc this would be handy as I've always fancied making dresses.

I asked as I have no hobbies that help me relax, and I need to relax, but not fishing relax!, I tried bowls last Summer, but not my cup of tea.

Thanks

Mills

Devlyn:

--- Quote from: Mills on June 01, 2020, 05:20:00 am ---Devlyn

I have an air rifle, I'm not a total pacifist!!, it's used to slaughter the rat's in my in-laws garden as they live next to a river and they overfeed the local wildlife which obviously attract rat's, It's just a bit taboo to wonder about with a gun in blighty unless you're rich.

I've had my air rifle years it's a Weihrauch HW77k, they're still made, very accurate, and would be ideal on your allotment. also I don't think 1,200fps is legal in britain unless you have a firearm's certificate, I don't know what the rifle is power wise but it's 5.6mm/.22 and it stops rats at thirty metres with flatheads.

How do you make bacon?, do you have pigs? I do geocaching on bikes it's a "thing", should have said I'm thinking about getting an rc rock crawler, it's just that they need batteries, I don't want to be lugging a load of batteries about.

Mills

--- End quote ---

No pigs. We buy pork bellies, brine them for a week (I'd give you our special recipe, but then
I'd have to kill you  ;) 8) ), then rinse, dry, and slow cook the bellies (We want to try smoking
them to step up our game). Then they're cooled in the fridge overnight and we slice it (thick)
the next day, ready for cooking.

CynthiaAnn:

--- Quote from: Mills on June 01, 2020, 08:18:11 am ---Hi CynthiaAnn

Thanks for your reply, the amateur radio and music are indoor hobbies and I do need to be out and about I'm like a caged animal if I'm indoors when I don't need to be, also I already listen to more than my fair share of music.

I already do hiking and bicycling, I also have a motorbike, well a scooter, her names Penny!, I do read but not much as it involves sitting around and doing nothing I do need to be busy, I have thought about crafts, well I'm thinking of learning to make clothes, my wife has offered to teach me to use a sewing machine etc this would be handy as I've always fancied making dresses.

I asked as I have no hobbies that help me relax, and I need to relax, but not fishing relax!, I tried bowls last Summer, but not my cup of tea.

Thanks

Mills

--- End quote ---

Hi Mills, nice to meet you  :) and thanks for your reply, I'm at work at the moment, so I'll keep this brief. You mentioned music as being "indoors", and you are correct most of the time. Some of my best musical moments have been performing outdoors, like at festivals, or on stages out at the waterfront  :) Here is a quick pic from a stage we played on about 7 years ago up in the Cascades mountains, the sound that day alongside the trees and forest there was quite special, nothing like giggin' outdoors in the summer :) Or like when your hiking have some music going in your ears (bluetooth), and combine the two, that's a lot of fun...



Like your self I would like to sew more, and to make dresses, when I can devote the time to it  :)

Ok back to work now, have a great day !

C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version