Author Topic: Hobbies.....  (Read 569 times)

Offline madeleine

• coming out
Re: Hobbies.....
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2020, 06:58:24 pm »
Making electronic music with hardware synths is my thing now.  I got there from learning guitar.  I'm also now playing the native american style flute.

Hobby ideas I did not do: coffee roasting, blacksmithing, welding.  The last two show my fascination with extreme heat.  I had a class in college where lost wax casting with molten aluminum and I'll never forget it.  I did start the coffee roasting but I guess I didn't like enough.  Anyone want some green coffee beans? lol

Another one I didn't do: beekeeping.

Offline Mills

• dOn'T pAnIc! when in a dress
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2020, 06:50:40 am »
I'm loving the feedback!!! Seems like gardens are the things to have! The Mrs has a good sized veggie and herb garden.... I "help", kinda like a five year old helps with the laundry!?!?! LOL
Not much of a green thumb... I put up the fence, frame a green house, I even made a solar dehydrator.... That's about where my talent ends...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yeah garden's are great, our's exists for the sole benefit of our cats, we put out the chairs, there's a cat on it!, put up the sunshade, there's a cat under it, put out a paddling pool, you guessed it CATS!, we did try to bbq once!!!, oddly they come indoors for the litter tray.

Mills
I'm Quiet, Shy and permanently confused, shout at me if you want!

Offline Dayle1957

• I am a girl, I have always been a girl
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2020, 10:25:50 am »
Rachel_Christina / Davina61 et al,

One of the cool things about this forum in general is that I have found that there are so many of us who identify as Transfeminine  who like both girly and non-girly things.  I used to feel bad about not fitting a stereotypical girly image all of the time which caused me to have a lot of doubt.  Now I know this is normal.

There certainly are a lot of CIS women who like "boy" stuff.

I am realizing that I am just kind of a Tom-boy about certain things.

Cars are awesome.  I am kind of lucky right now not to have the space otherwise I would be spending money I do not have fixing up some old car... ha ha

Dayle

Offline Mills

• dOn'T pAnIc! when in a dress
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2020, 10:52:40 am »
Rachel_Christina / Davina61 et al,

One of the cool things about this forum in general is that I have found that there are so many of us who identify as Transfeminine  who like both girly and non-girly things.  I used to feel bad about not fitting a stereotypical girly image all of the time which caused me to have a lot of doubt.  Now I know this is normal.

There certainly are a lot of CIS women who like "boy" stuff.

I am realizing that I am just kind of a Tom-boy about certain things.

Cars are awesome.  I am kind of lucky right now not to have the space otherwise I would be spending money I do not have fixing up some old car... ha ha

Dayle

I like being a tomboy.

Mills
I'm Quiet, Shy and permanently confused, shout at me if you want!

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2020, 11:21:27 am »
Yeah I used to worry about it too, but honestly I have learned to love these things so much I couldn't shake the habit after transition lol

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2020, 12:32:15 pm »
No one's taking the tomboy out of me! - E
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: probably sometime in the 22nd century...
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2020, 03:18:39 pm »
I know how to use a lot of tools.  Both powered and antique!

Offline Liina

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2020, 12:16:39 pm »
Nice new section about Hobbies and Nature, good addition ( unless I have missed this before).
Now that the covid issues are easing and we can slowly get out and go places and do things, it is great time for hobbies.
My hobbies are Photography in a big way, bird watching, hiking and traveling. However I think my travel ideas are now changed for the future until things get back up runnin, will see how long that takes.
I also like wood working but it is not so much a Hobbie as it a means of getting things done and built for home and business. I like driving my sports car around but certainly am not a mechanically minded person, in fact it really does not tickle me. I admire you Rachel Christina for getting in that motor and figuring it out, that is impressive.
Spring is about to end and summer is up and coming. Time to have fun!

Liina

Tags: