Author Topic: Progesterone and my confusing Endo  (Read 168 times)

Offline Dirpitz

• Visitor
Progesterone and my confusing Endo
« on: June 04, 2020, 08:24:01 am »
So I had an Endocrinologist appointment today, via Zoom as the world is on fire atm. I've asked several times before about Progesterone and always been given the same sigh followed by the same generic NHS talk about no evidence, we don't do that, danger danger. He has always been super critical of it not entertaining the idea for a second, I'd even asked if I was to self med and such could it be monitored on my bloodtests, his reponse being 'no that's not something we can do.'
Then something weird happened at the end of our appointment he just came out with some info and said 'Use X stuff of Y brand, do not use A B or C. Take this amount daily for 6 months. Even going so far as spell everything out for me while I wrote it down. Now I'm just sat here confused as talk about mixed signals ???
I read a forum post on here talking about it titled 'Progesterone Is Important for Transgender Women’s Therapy' (sorry I don't know how to link the thread) and this added to the confusion with cycles and such. I'd searched online and as far as dosages go I seem unable to find any of the amount he mentioned.
I'm concerned as I'm not sure what on earth I should do at this point, did he pull these numbers from thin air? Why the sudden change from being completely against it to 5 minutes later having a plan from seemingly nowhere?
My next appointment with them is in 6 months time. I may seem to have trust issues here but background is I've been on 2 types of E so far and found out that for most of the first one they hadn't even received my blood tests and never once questioned my Dr about it.
Sorry for the wall of text and thanks for any advice you can give.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Progesterone and my confusing Endo
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 09:04:00 am »
@Dirpitz
Dear Dirpitz
    Thank you for coming to the Forums.
    I am most pleased that you had decided to join the Susan's Place site.

Please know that I am not trying to sidetrack your questions and thoughts.... but please allow me to officially welcome you here.
    Thank you for writing your first postings.... as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to any of your specific questions and concerns..

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 09:06:43 am »
@Dirpitz
Dear Dirpitz:

OH, another thing....  Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself!

With more exposure to more members here you will be able to get more responses to your questions and concerns.

Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.

NOTE: Now, after all of this Greeting and Welcoming stuff, I will give you and others the thread back so that the conversation can continue.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 10:12:40 am »
Hi Dirpitz 🌸 welcome to Susan’s Place!
As far as dosages, they are not allowed to be given here as HRT medications should always be prescribed by a doctor.  Using someone else’s dosage could prove harmful.

Try printing out the first comment that I provided in the thread you mentioned and give it to your endo.  It may enlighten them.

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,245188.0.html

I see that our lovely Northern Star Girl has welcomed you also.  Please give the links a look see.

Hugs 🌸🌸🌸

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

Tags: