Author Topic: blood and white spots  (Read 145 times)

Offline Rutka71

blood and white spots
« on: June 01, 2020, 10:08:07 am »
Hi all,

I have a few questions: the 4th of May, I had my GCS with dr Kanhai in The Netherlands. I'm still in the process of healing, but noticed a few things that kind of worry me:

* I'm dilating and noticed that each time I try to create a little more depth, there is a drop of blood on the end of my dilator (I use the third out of a set of four now). This time however, there was more blood that came out and I'm worried I may have perforated my vagina because I gave it too much pressure. The nurse I managed to call told me not to worry, because perforation would cause a lot more loss of blood and with me, the bleeding stopped after a short while. Should I believe the nurse? what else could have caused the bleeding?

* My labia is healing well and the swelling is almost entirely gone, the stitches have mostly dissolved. However, the zone right below my clitoris is still bleeding a bit and is showing a few white spots. When I asked the same nurse, she told me that these white spots are probably fibrinous exudate. Now I'm a nurse myself and took care of wounds, but the fibrinous exudate that I saw, was always yellow. What I have is white and covers a whole area. It's also stuck to the wound. what could it be?

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: blood and white spots
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 07:29:43 pm »
Rutka,

At one month post op, you are still healing. A little blood is normal and is nothing to worry about. If you did tear your vagina, that would be very obvious. A fistula is possible, but that can only be properly diagnosed by your surgeon. Do you have a post op appointment?

If you are having any material stuck to your vagina, I suggest a sitz bath with a good skin cleanser such as povidone iodine solution. Soak for a while then gently dry the area with a clean towel.

Your healing sounds perfectly normal to me. I would continue with the dilation and move up to the big boy when you are ready.  ;D 

It just takes time.

Offline Rutka71

Re: blood and white spots
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 01:02:31 am »
Hi Rakel,

Thans for your reply.

I had a post op appointment one week after I left the hospital and the next one will be in August. I am in regular touch with the hospital by phone though. Have to wait a few more weeks before I'm allowed to take a bath, but will certainly follow your advice.

xxx

Tags: