Author Topic: how do you shave your back?  (Read 285 times)

Jessica_K and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sitting Pretty

• Visitor
how do you shave your back?
« on: June 01, 2020, 09:36:57 pm »
I spend hours on it and then look in the mirror and nothing is gone. And the legs on my hair are just a bunch dots waiting to become werewolves...

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: how do you shave your back?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 06:02:45 am »
Ask a friend to shave you.

If that is not possible for whatever reason, then go get waxed. The people who do waxing have both male and female customers who clear their back. Waxing is better for you as it lasts longer than shaving and it is not as itchy when the hair grows back.

Then there is laser and electrolysis, but that is a whole other story.  ;)

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 11:10:14 am »
There are several products out there that are made for men, man grooming.  Basically, the are electric trimmers and/or shavers that have extendable arms that let you shave your back hair by reaching over your shoulder or under your arms.  People have said that they work quite well.  Only issue I can see is making sure that you did not miss a spot.  Now, that would look funny!  Just Google "mangroomer" and you will see several different products.

Good luck,

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Daylight

• Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 11:51:49 am »
There are several products out there that are made for men, man grooming.  Basically, the are electric trimmers and/or shavers that have extendable arms that let you shave your back hair by reaching over your shoulder or under your arms. 
Oh, good idea. Thanks for the recommendation, Allie! I was just thinking about this the other day. I don't have a lot of back hair, but I am not sure I am flexible enough to get it with a normal razor. I just found one of these extendable ones and it's inexpensive, too. I'll see how it works when I get it. I can't imagine there is much to it, so I'm sure it will be fine.
39 years old and learning to be Megan :)

Offline Wendi

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 02:39:52 pm »
Oh, good idea. Thanks for the recommendation, Allie! I was just thinking about this the other day. I don't have a lot of back hair, but I am not sure I am flexible enough to get it with a normal razor. I just found one of these extendable ones and it's inexpensive, too. I'll see how it works when I get it. I can't imagine there is much to it, so I'm sure it will be fine.
How's the new shaver work?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 03:50:36 pm »

This is a problem I have contended with as well.     

I tried waxing a couple of times, but the outbreak on my back made it even more unsightly.   

I've finally saved up enough to go for my first laser session in two weeks (Hooyah!). 

But before that, I would find the strongest Veet product available, and cover my entire back and shoulders, and leave it on for about ten minutes (this isn't exactly the healthiest way to go, but it keeps it down for about a week, so that's my routine for that area, once a week, until I can laser it off).

It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

Offline Daylight

• Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 07:40:54 pm »
How's the new shaver work?
I thought it worked well. I don't have a lot of back hair, so maybe not the toughest test. For the price, I think it was a great purchase and will be enough to get me by.
39 years old and learning to be Megan :)

Offline Wendi

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 08:02:22 pm »
I thought it worked well. I don't have a lot of back hair, so maybe not the toughest test. For the price, I think it was a great purchase and will be enough to get me by.
Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Tags: