Author Topic: Comfortable, regular underpants.  (Read 759 times)

Offline JanePlain

• This is getting complicated.
Re: Comfortable, regular underpants.
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 08:18:11 pm »
Hello,

I'm starting this thread to find out what trans people use for underpants. I am trying to use the term underpants because it is unambiguous; panties is a US English term, knickers is a UK English term, and the word "pants" means underpants in the UK and trousers in the US.

I'm a woman who has not had GCS, so I have a penis and scrotum. I have found it extremely difficult to find underpants that are good enough to hold my penis and scrotum in place and are supportive of those. Of course, they are not designed to do this.

I am also years away from getting GCS if I decide to do so.

So what I would like to find out is what similar people have found works for them.

I will volunteer that I have found a high waist pair of underpants in Asda that are slightly wider than usual in the crotch area, and whilst they don't do a perfect job, it's not absolutely terrible. However, they have lacy panels and trim, and I would rather have something a bit plainer. (Lacy garments are delicates and I would have to wash them separately.)

I'm not averse to wearing men's underpants, but I would like to find a style that's good looking. I do sometimes still wear men's underpants out of necessity.

I don't really want to be faced with paying a premium for special trans-woman underwear given that I need ideally at least a week's worth of underwear, and being a trans woman has already cost me a fortune! Besides, eventually I currently plan to have GCS, and then this issue will go away for me.

I will also throw this thread open to pre-GCS AFAB FTMs who have the problem of not having a penis but wishing to use men's underwear and hold packers or STPs in place.

I recognise that other threads may have dealt with this issue already, but fashion moves very quickly, so I think it's a good time to revisit this discussion.

Thanks! - E

For anyone looking for lingerie minus the lace, heats and bows I'll pass along the best advice I was ever given in the panty department Vanity Fair Style No: 13171. 

Offline JanePlain

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2020, 08:25:31 pm »
A very very close second Vanity Fair 13138 which comes in colors not just black and white.

Offline Meghan

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 09:10:14 pm »
I hope it went well for you, Meghan.

It's not about people batting an eye. It's about my desire to find basic women's underwear that fits comfortably. Thanks - E
So far everything went as planned with Cataract surgery

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 09:45:31 pm »
Hi Meghan,

That is good news about the Cataract surgery.  Hope the healing up is uneventful.

Vanity Fair panties are nicely made, but as the Kohl's web site says, nobody has it in my recommended size.

Marion

Offline madeleine

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2020, 10:24:36 am »
How comfortable are they? Are they supportive, or do you have bits spilling out?

I'm kind of in the same position as Devlyn, however I still have and use the ugly male ones from time to time, depending on what I'm up to. I don't think I could cope with having my penis squished all day, every day! - E

Hi Ellie, I find them to be comfortable.  I require cotton because I will get hot and sweaty otherwise, so they are cool.

I still very much have my male equipment, and they squished no more than they did with men's underwear - so not very much. Now, they do fall out sometimes!  Maybe that could be fixed with a style other than bikini?

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2020, 04:14:38 pm »
Hi Ellie, I find them to be comfortable.  I require cotton because I will get hot and sweaty otherwise, so they are cool.

I still very much have my male equipment, and they squished no more than they did with men's underwear - so not very much. Now, they do fall out sometimes!  Maybe that could be fixed with a style other than bikini?

Thanks, Madeleine. I think you're essentially saying that they're comfortable but not supportive, which is the problem I've found with most of them. - E
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline Jessica_K

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2020, 06:23:22 pm »
Last Monday I was in the Hospital for Cataract surgery with nice panties on while under hospital gown for procedures, and no one bat an eye

Ah yes, if ever I was to go to hospital, I would be wearing nice panties, I have not owned a pair of male pants for years lol

Jessica xx

Offline JanePlain

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2020, 09:25:50 pm »
I do hope someone tries the two I suggested and gives some feedback.  Its all I've worn for years.  If there is something better?  I would love to hear about it but I really honestly think this was the best advice I had been given.  The do fit well.  Nothing loose or letting anything hang out and the black ones are dare I say it kind of sexy!  *But not with the lace and bows or thong stuff.

Offline DKTGSupport

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2020, 03:43:17 pm »
Puma Iconic Mini Shorts/briefs. Check size chart and maybe one size down since they stretch a bit !

Craft Greatness, no problem with size. See the the size chart and buy. The material is very soft so it can feels like you are naked(maybe use 2 pairs).
"I wish there was another sex, a neutral one. One with no parts. One that was outside of the whole reproduction thing. Then people would never even see me as an option. That would be really nice."

Genderrelated accounts : AVEN / Youtube

Offline JanePlain

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2020, 12:37:29 pm »
So far everything went as planned with Cataract surgery

Thats great news!!!

Offline JanePlain

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2020, 01:01:08 pm »
Puma Iconic Mini Shorts/briefs. Check size chart and maybe one size down since they stretch a bit !

Craft Greatness, no problem with size. See the the size chart and buy. The material is very soft so it can feels like you are naked(maybe use 2 pairs).

Yikes...  Too pricy for me.  I think these are geared to runners and other althetics?  Your on the right track however.  Something a little cooler what with summer being a miserable 100f today would be nice.

Offline DKTGSupport

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2020, 02:19:23 pm »
Yikes...  Too pricy for me.  I think these are geared to runners and other althetics?  Your on the right track however.  Something a little cooler what with summer being a miserable 100f today would be nice.
I might have mad a mistake cos the Craft model is Women's Greatness Waistband Boxer.
"I wish there was another sex, a neutral one. One with no parts. One that was outside of the whole reproduction thing. Then people would never even see me as an option. That would be really nice."

Offline JanePlain

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2020, 08:05:42 pm »
Men's boxers are the worst of the worst in my opinion.  Boxer Briefs are the least awful...  Weird?!

Offline Ellie_Arroway

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2020, 07:22:15 am »
I have a couple of updates.

I have determined that knickers from different brands have varying crotch sizes.

I have found that if the crotch area of a pair of brief-style knickers is 65mm wide, and I tuck my penis between my legs while putting the pair on, nothing falls out of place. I was in that situation when I went for a run today, so it seems to survive being active. Note that I am not talking about tucking testes into inguinal canals.

A pair with a crotch width of 60mm was not big enough to satisfy that. I measured some of my other knickers and found that they can go as low as 50mm, so I plan to wash them and leave them out for a charity collection.

I'm not planning to take a rule into the shops with me! I needed a rapid way to determine whether knickers will be OK. I measured my thumb, and it is 60mm long. I can judge the other 5mm, so I now have a way to rapidly make a measurement of the crotch area of brief-style knickers.

@JanePlain, I agree. Men's boxers offer no support at all. If anything, they are worse than knickers that are too small!

The other thing I wanted to add was that I purchased three pairs of Carmen Liu thongs. As I believe I alluded to earlier in the thread, these are specifically aimed at transgender women. Whilst it turned out to be an expensive purchase (£52), I reasoned that they are designer underwear, and if I was a ciswoman going into La Senza, I would probably pay even more.

I believe the intention with those is that you do make use of your inguinal canals. Without doing so, coverage is OK, but you have to have a tighter tuck than with the standard briefs. That will be good for some options, of course.

As always has to be stated with anything trans-related... your mileage may vary! I hope this helps anybody else who had that problem, though. - E

Offline Ellie_Arroway

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2020, 02:42:30 pm »
OK... I've solved this problem now, at least for those of us near a Sainsbury's!

I was in Sainsbury's earlier. I noticed the following:

Tu Lingerie
Secret Shaping
2 Comfort Side Seam Free Briefs
Holds the tummy and bum
Firm Control
£10

They are almost waist high.

The narrowest part of the gusset measures 75mm!

Problem solved. Plus it does give my tummy a nicer outline. :)

They are quite tight, but they're comfortable enough. I went for size S. My waist is 29 inches roughly (I measured 72cm today).

I also got my first sports bra while I was there. I went for size L in that which seems to correspond to a bust size of 34.5 to 36 inches; mine's 34.5 inches. That also seems to be a good fit, and I think will be useful when I go out running. The weight shifting is slightly uncomfortable at times, not that I have breasts of any significant size as I'm not yet on hormones. That however is irrelevant to this thread, and just an aside. - E

Offline DKTGSupport

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2020, 02:51:14 pm »
Men's boxers are the worst of the worst in my opinion.  Boxer Briefs are the least awful...  Weird?!

@JanePlain, I agree. Men's boxers offer no support at all. If anything, they are worse than knickers that are too small!

It's NOT mens !
craft 1906044-785007

It's NOT for runners !
Puma Iconic Mini Short Style: 906867_03

Offline Ellie_Arroway

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2020, 03:04:08 pm »
It's NOT mens !
craft 1906044-785007

It's NOT for runners !
Puma Iconic Mini Short Style: 906867_03

@DKTGSupport, I wasn't replying to you. I looked up what you were talking about and they looked like they would be fine. I might buy some myself, and I appreciate you posting to my thread. Thank you! - E

Tags: