Author Topic: Does it get better after 2 years?  (Read 244 times)

Offline SamiStar86

• Trying to live my authentic Life :)
Does it get better after 2 years?
« on: June 04, 2020, 04:57:02 pm »
Hey everyone,

Tonight I'm just looking for some support and hope. I've been on HRT for 19 months and my development has been, well....... minimal at best. I'm yet to get out of tanner 2 with my breasts, my thighs and butt are by measurement almost identical since I last measured them about 12 months ago and despite having positive blood levels, change just completely aludes me. So I'm just in this horrible state of dysphoria and loathe for my body.

My regiment has been flexible and movable as my NP is an experienced practitioner in this field and by his admission, he isn't sure why things haven't kicked on. I'm just looking for some hope that things will get better and I can still hold onto hope despite being bitterly disappointed thus far.

Thank you for your time.
Came Out Self - 4/19/2018
Started FHT - 12/3/2018
Came out Publicly - 4/19/2019

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
Re: Does it get better after 2 years?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 06:51:09 pm »
I'll assume you've considered the usual "see if it works" solutions, like trying estrogen injections and patches and adding progesterone. It can be frustrating...I've definitely stalled out over the last six months as well. Fortunately, I've gotten some small boobs, but nothing in the butt area. I definitely would appreciate more development everywhere, but I think age is working against me.   :(

Sarah
----
47 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: April August 2020 (assuming no more coronavirus-driven rescheduling... :-\)
SRS: January 2021

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 07:50:26 pm »
... and despite having positive blood levels, change just completely aludes me. So I'm just in this horrible state of dysphoria and loathe for my body.

I can comment more accurately if you post your latest blood levels for Estradiol and Testosterone. I will stick my neck out and comment that at 18 months, you are still in the beginning stages of transition.

Even if your blood levels are in the therapeutic range, some ethnic groups show minimal changes. You should expect to at least look similar to other female family members.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 08:55:56 pm »
SamiStar, you are a beautiful young lady!

As with most things, your mileage may vary. Even if your numbers are exactly the same as someone else's, your development will most likely be different. I was 55 when I started HRT. My breast development stalled out after one year. After two years of HRT, I had GRS and a breast augmentation. Although a good friend of mine seems to think my face is still changing after three years of HRT, I just don't see it. There is always a chance things will start moving again for you. Unless you have some health issues that get in the way, surgery may be an option. Don't be discouraged, this is a long journey. Your avatar photo is beautiful!

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out - Jessica Rose
GCS Thread - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019 - Jessica_Rose
GCS II and FFS Thread - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019 - Jessica_Rose
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS Dr. Ley / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS Dr. Ley

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust. -- Jessica Rose

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 02:28:31 am »
Sorry to hear you're suffering through personally disappointing results, SamiStar86.  I assure you, there are many of us in the same boat. You just don't hear from us too often, because we don't want to talk about it. The internet can be a bit toxic to us, since many of the most motivated posters are having atypically great results, and it sets false expectations of success for the rest of us. I am friends with several local girls with very similar stories. At least we can commiserate for therapy.

I've also had meager physical results after 20 months of HRT on EV injection monotherapy, with nice levels all along the way (very low T, reasonably high E in the 200s-400s (US).

Lots of ways to deal with it as mentioned by other, but I've rescued my doldrums recently by getting serious about being fit and losing weight. It's one of the few things I can actively do to drive positive change in my body, rather than just lying around and waiting for hormones to do something. Gives me something to focus on and guaranteed changes if I stick to it. It's not going to make my butt or thighs any bigger, but I can settle for an athletically lean body.  I've had way more positive body results in the last couple months from this approach.

I'm still happier than before HRT, and I do love the small changes that have occurred, so at least there's that.

Best of luck to you, and know that you are far from alone.

-Kate 

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 05:17:20 am »
Hi Samistar,

Sorry to hear of your struggles.  My wife told me that lots of CIS girls are disappointed with how their breasts develop.  Which is why so many get surgery.  They have this movie star image growing up, and then reality strikes.  It is worse now.  The images they hope for aren't even real.

Marion

Tags: hrt mtf