Author Topic: Cabin fever  (Read 680 times)

Offline WannaBgirl2

• Neighbor
Cabin fever
« on: June 07, 2020, 01:23:35 pm »
I can't wait for the covid-19 restrictions to let up, I'm dieing to get out.... I can still go for walks, but they are lonely!?!?! Anybody else feel like me??? Maybe we can walk together, obeying social distance rules of course! I'm in western massachusetts, just north of Gardner.... Maybe sit in a park with a cup of coffee and have girl talk? I just gotta interact with someone face to facemask!?!! I'm tired of staring at my phone!?!?! LOL
Boredom is at an all time high....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Cabin fever
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 01:33:35 pm »
@WannaBgirl2
You are certainly NOT alone with your feelings that you expressed regarding the Covid-19 lock-down and lack of social interactions.
Hopefully your area will loosen up very soon so you can get back to something close to your previous social level.

Fortunately in my small rural town there were no coronavirus cases and also Alaska was one of the first states to 'open back up" so for the last couple weeks things have just about returned to "normal" here.

Hang in there, your time will come soon, but meanwhile stay safe and stay healthy.

HUGS,
Daniellle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Zumbagirl

• Family
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 06:33:35 pm »
I can't wait for the covid-19 restrictions to let up, I'm dieing to get out.... I can still go for walks, but they are lonely!?!?! Anybody else feel like me??? Maybe we can walk together, obeying social distance rules of course! I'm in western massachusetts, just north of Gardner.... Maybe sit in a park with a cup of coffee and have girl talk? I just gotta interact with someone face to facemask!?!! I'm tired of staring at my phone!?!?! LOL

Hi I am also in Western MA and yes it is getting boring here so I turned into doing a lot of landscaping at my house this year. I've been enjoying have a lot of flowers and plants to take care of this year. Send me a PM if you want to discuss any further. I transitioned many years ago so I don't know much about surgeons and all that. Everything I could tell you would be very dated information.

Offline RaeBae

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 12:40:48 am »
%1000000. I had zero idea how amazing life was before this stuff started. Just going to the craft store seems like such a luxury that I took for granted. Omg.. soooooooo bored, restrictions are lifting a little but I just can’t wait... I need malls, I need downtown, I need people... ugh sigh

Offline WannaBgirl2

• Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 02:22:27 pm »
Restaurants open..... There's a light at the end of the tunnel.... Hopefully it's not a train!?!?!? LOL

Offline AstridVikingadottir

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 03:05:06 pm »
I'm sorta glad Massachusetts is taking a reasoned, science and numbers-backed approached as to when and how much to move forward.  It's a lot better approach, I believe, than those states who've been opening up too soon with few restrictions...they're now seeing dramatic upticks in infections.  As much of a bummer as it is to wait it out, it would be even more of a bummer to be forced to retreat back to Phase 1.

Anyway, I too am doing a lot more gardening this year.  And a lot more trans/non-binary reading !

Hang in there, and greetings from eastern Massachusetts!

Astrid

Offline Liina

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 09:03:48 am »
Hi WannaBgirl2,
Well yes it is time to get out there and enjoy this life we have. It has been a test of patience and persistence to have stopped for this "life pause" the last few months. I hear you and would love to have some interaction. The ad part is we are at opposite ends of the continent. I am living in a rural setting and it there is no one around for at least 3 hour drive. Yes there is lots to do but really no like minded interactions available. I feel for you and things will get better!
Hopefully! We just gotta let this thing get out of our day to day lives...this covid thing.

Liina

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 10:41:23 am »
The restrictions continue, and I hope they are worthwhile for us.

Although it should be, at least in theory, that after getting the COVID-19 vaccination that you will not get COVID-19, I think that some may get it.  Of those that get it, some may be without symptoms or with mild symptoms.   When a vaccine is thought to be 95% effective, that means that it may be 5% ineffective, at least that is how I interpret the results.

However, I think it is worthwhile to get the vaccinations, to wear effective N95 masks, and to make all other wise safety precautions. 

Take care.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: