Community Conversation > Transsexual talk

The typical transsexual life

<< < (3/4) > >>

Kate.claire:

--- Quote from: Danielle Kristina on June 11, 2020, 09:37:32 am ---I have to continue reminding myself that I’m not in competition with other transitioning transgender people nor is my transition invalid or wrong because it “isn’t going fast enough.”  Each of our journeys are individual and personal and thus there is no “one size fits all.”

--- End quote ---

Thanks for this Danielle! Speaks a lot to the daily struggles that replaced the old ones: this voice telling that you aren't succeeding because you are not measuring up to other people and their "better" results.  Of course, logically, you can know that it isn't correct, but doesn't always keep the thought from emotionally tormenting you anyways.  At some point, I pulled away from a lot of the virtual community, because those comparison issues just weren't healthy for me, and I was weaker than I though, it terms of giving in to them.

Thanks for the reminder that I'm not alone in those feelings.

-Kate

Confused1:
I will agree with Ellie and several here. There doesn't seem to be a typical transgender lifestyle. And yet I have found there are similarities as well. Not very long ago I didn't realize the similarities. Many times we each have thought we were alone in what we thought.

Zirconia mentioned puberty and it got worse. I definitely relate. And yet my choice right now might not be transition or death. At the same time I would not want a long life without the surgery I need.

The path is yours and you get to choose it.

Danielle Kristina:

--- Quote from: Kate.claire on June 11, 2020, 01:21:59 pm ---Thanks for this Danielle! Speaks a lot to the daily struggles that replaced the old ones: this voice telling that you aren't succeeding because you are not measuring up to other people and their "better" results.  Of course, logically, you can know that it isn't correct, but doesn't always keep the thought from emotionally tormenting you anyways.  At some point, I pulled away from a lot of the virtual community, because those comparison issues just weren't healthy for me, and I was weaker than I though, it terms of giving in to them.

Thanks for the reminder that I'm not alone in those feelings.

-Kate

--- End quote ---

You’re very welcome!  I understand.  I really do because I share those same struggles.  Sometimes I get so caught up in my emotions even while logically I know I’m only tormenting myself and can quit at any time.  Other times I get struck with real depression and quitting that is not so easy or always self-chosen.  Still, I tend to be my own worst enemy.

Danielle

Danielle Kristina:

--- Quote from: Northern Star Girl on June 11, 2020, 01:17:41 pm ---@Danielle Kristina:
Dear Danielle:
I am so very happy to see that you are posting once again on the Forums since you returned...
....Welcome back into the fold.
I will be eagerly looking for your future postings around the forums.
HUGS 
Danielle

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much!  It really is great to be back. 

Danielle

MeTony:

--- Quote from: angelats on June 10, 2020, 09:50:49 pm ---Is there a typical transsexual life or lifestyle? How a transsexual should behave or should be? A role model?

For example:

First to come out of the closet.
Then to transition.
Finally to live happy stealth or openly transsexual after srs?
Are those steps correct and complete?

Is this the life a transsexual has to strive for? What is with other ways to handle this? Are there alternatives?

--- End quote ---
We are all different. There is no typical way of life.
There are vast differances in appearence and mannerism at both ends at the spectrum and all in between.

I am openly transsexual. It is impossible to hide it från people I’ve known for 20+ years.

How to live your life? As yourself. Do what is right for YOU.

Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version