Community Conversation > Transsexual talk

The typical transsexual life

<< < (2/4) > >>

Megan.:

--- Quote from: zirconia on June 11, 2020, 06:37:58 am ---As for a typical transsexual life... it's probably nothing one would strive for, because it's pretty much automatic:

Realize when tiny that something's WRONG
Realize in puberty that what's wrong is getting MUCH WORSE
Realize the situation's ABSOLUTELY UNTENABLE
Realize one's choices are transition or death.

Transition
Start new life as a woman

or...

Don't transition

--- End quote ---

I don't think this is typical either, as it goes against a very large majority of the experiences I've seen shared here, and my own.

There are commonalities across many, but also as much variation.

My answer is no. There is no typical trans person, no typical life, and no typical identity; and none of these are better, worse or more worthy than any other. We are all wonderfully unique from the day we are conceived, and that is a great and beautiful thing.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Danielle Kristina:
I think it’s entirely individual.  One person’s pathway isn’t necessarily another’s.  We are all different, have different circumstances, and different goals.  That said, while it is tempting to use someone as a means of gauging ones own transition, this, I find, only drives me nuts.  I have to continue reminding myself that I’m not in competition with other transitioning transgender people nor is my transition invalid or wrong because it “isn’t going fast enough.”  Each of our journeys are individual and personal and thus there is no “one size fits all.”

Devlyn:
My path was:

1. Realize something about me was different (mid thirties)
2. Come out
3. Socially and hormonally transition
4. Seek a medical provider to take over the administration of HRT
5. Surgery

Typical? Absolutely not, 12 years on this site has taught me that there is no "typical".

Erika_:
I had a path similar to the stereotype,

1. Knew that I was supposed to be a girl from my earliest memory.
2. Experimented with clothing and makeup.
3. Leaned transition was possible at ten years old.
4. Tried and failed to get hormones for thirteen years.
5. finally got hormones at 23.
6. Regretting not starting sooner.
7. Pretty much stealth and waiting for surgery.

Northern Star Girl:
@Danielle Kristina:
Dear Danielle:
I am so very happy to see that you are posting once again on the Forums since you returned...
....Welcome back into the fold.
I will be eagerly looking for your future postings around the forums.
HUGS 
Danielle

--- Quote from: Danielle Kristina on June 11, 2020, 09:37:32 am ---I think it’s entirely individual.  One person’s pathway isn’t necessarily another’s.  We are all different, have different circumstances, and different goals.  That said, while it is tempting to use someone as a means of gauging ones own transition, this, I find, only drives me nuts.  I have to continue reminding myself that I’m not in competition with other transitioning transgender people nor is my transition invalid or wrong because it “isn’t going fast enough.”  Each of our journeys are individual and personal and thus there is no “one size fits all.”

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version