Activism and Politics > Politics

Feeling defeated

<< < (2/4) > >>

Gertrude:
No matter what, this time will come to pass. Even your own state is shifting purple/blue due to migration from more liberal states. Change won't happen overnight, but it will happen. Austin is supposed to be the most liberal city in TX. I live in AZ, which isn't a lot better. Like you, the company one works for makes a big difference. If you have BCBS, I can PM a rec on a therapist.

Magnolia88:

--- Quote from: Gertrude on June 13, 2020, 03:17:26 pm ---No matter what, this time will come to pass. Even your own state is shifting purple/blue due to migration from more liberal states. Change won't happen overnight, but it will happen. Austin is supposed to be the most liberal city in TX. I live in AZ, which isn't a lot better. Like you, the company one works for makes a big difference. If you have BCBS, I can PM a rec on a therapist.

--- End quote ---

I have Aetna, but I’ll take any recs you have. Thank you!

Confused1:

--- Quote from: Magnolia88 on June 13, 2020, 03:11:08 pm ---I live in Texas, one of the most red blooded states in the nation. The good news is I work for a very inclusive diverse company with great benefits so I’ll see what my options are. News like this though just kills my spirit. Why is it so damn hard for us to just live our lives?

--- End quote ---

Hi Magnolia,

If you work for an inclusive diverse company, hopefully they will still cover it. Depending on your comfort level, it might not hurt to ask your HR person, or question the insurance company itself.

I am in a red border state of Texas. I find myself in the same boat. I am on Medicare. I have been seeing a therapist, and was about to talk to a surgeon that accepts Medicare to find out what is required for them with Medicare. My therapist told me to find out what is required and I think she is on board for my first letter soon. She just gave me the name of someone else she works with in a nearby town to probably get the second.

I have the same questions about surgery that you have. I figured it would probably be a little hard to get GRS paid for before this happened, but now I really wonder. Hopefully the news is making it sound worse than it is. I think the door has been opened to some extent and hopefully insurance companies won't immediately change their policies. Sadly this does follow politics to a large extent. It should not be political and we should not be forced to go through a process and then have it changed partway through!!

I noticed today there is also some clamping down happening in the UK as well. As others have already said, vote! November is not that far away, and this may not affect your timing depending on what the election brings. It will take some time with therapists to get letters if you don't already have them.

AnneK:

--- Quote ---I noticed today there is also some clamping down happening in the UK as well.
--- End quote ---

This sort of thing makes me glad I live in Canada.  Here, GCS is covered through the provincial health plan, just like any other medical care.  As it is, my hormones are covered.

Jessica_K:
The British has a unique way of clamping down. Not by prohibiting, banning or making it illegal for the state to provide, but by limiting access

Jessica xxx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version