Author Topic: Acne scarring, how can I fix it?  (Read 267 times)

Offline Erika_

• Friend
Acne scarring, how can I fix it?
« on: June 13, 2020, 05:41:22 pm »
I took a video of myself today, and now my dysphoria is in overdrive.

All of my acne scars are clearly visible, and I hate it. I'll never look feminine. My face was ruined by testosterone, and I know I could have prevented it if someone had just given me puberty blockers when I asked.

Is there any way to fix those scars, I have no money so anything expensive is out of the question.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Acne scarring, how can I fix it?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 08:17:04 pm »
Acne scars can be reduced to the point where you really have to be close and look hard to still see the scars.

There are two treatments for acne scaring, Dermabrasion and Laser resurfacing. Both of these methods will result in some scaring of their own, but it will be less than before. Expect some skin discoloration as well.

A good Dermatologist can do either of these procedures and sometimes health insurance might pay for it, especially if there are certain psychological conditions as a result of the acne scaring.

A consult with a Dermatologist is not too expensive and treatments range in price. If health insurance is involved, always get pre approval.

Take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Erika_

• Friend
Re: Acne scarring, how can I fix it?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 10:10:20 pm »
Acne scars can be reduced to the point where you really have to be close and look hard to still see the scars.

There are two treatments for acne scaring, Dermabrasion and Laser resurfacing. Both of these methods will result in some scaring of their own, but it will be less than before. Expect some skin discoloration as well.

A good Dermatologist can do either of these procedures and sometimes health insurance might pay for it, especially if there are certain psychological conditions as a result of the acne scaring.

A consult with a Dermatologist is not too expensive and treatments range in price. If health insurance is involved, always get pre approval.

Take care.  :-*

I live in Canada, I'll have to see if dermatological treatments are covered here.

If my doctor would get back to the clinic that would help, because her temporary replacement just doesn't listen.

Tags: